• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
97% Fresh on RT after 35 reviews (34 Fresh, 1 Rotten).

Yeah so I'm gonna go see this. I've watched Transformers since G1 when I was a little kid (watched VHS recordings my older brother had made), grew up with Beast Wars, and have kept up with some of the other series since then. Liked the first two Bay films but always thought the models were dumb, didn't like the remaining Bay films (didn't watch the 5th... gave up hope on them). So, I'm really excited for this.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
For those that watched it is there a post credits scene? Just anser with a Yes or No please :P

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
97% Fresh on RT after 35 reviews (34 Fresh, 1 Rotten).

Yeah so I'm gonna go see this. I've watched Transformers since G1 when I was a little kid (watched VHS recordings my older brother had made), grew up with Beast Wars, and have kept up with some of the other series since then. Liked the first two Bay films but always thought the models were dumb, didn't like the remaining Bay films (didn't watch the 5th... gave up hope on them). So, I'm really excited for this.
lol, yea I ended up giving it a Fresh. 3/5

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised either. Travis Knight did good with Kubo and the trailers for this were excellent. Really excited to see it in a few days.

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw it. On a total different level than the Bay movies. You can clearly see this was made with heart and love for the franchise. I really liked the emotional scenes, the bonding between Charlie and Bee. Bee himself is awesome and his expressions really are great, cute even. It's been a while since I saw the Bay movies but Bee is definitely done better here. No humping dogs here, no incredibly annoying mom who's stoned, here the humor is actually cool and it suits the movie. Sure not every single joke lands but that's fine.

The main characters are interesting and especially Charlie. She's a character worth giving a damn about, unlike pretty much anyone really in Bay's movies. She plays the part really well and I hope to see her in more movies for sure. Story is what you'd expect, nothing too special but I enjoyed it though. Even if one or two scenes were very farfetched, but in a Transformers movie you don't really need that anyway. With the cast alone you can see what this director's priorities were and of course staying true to the franchise with the designs.

I hope this becomes a big success and I hope future Transformers movies will be on this level. Whatever the case, just bring me a sequel to this please.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Bumblebee is basically going to be the Batman Begins of Transformers. Will take a hit because of the stench from the past but lead to more success in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
Bumblebee is basically going to be the Batman Begins of Transformers. Will take a hit because of the stench from the past but lead to more success in the future.

Shit I hope so! If this doesn't become a success but most of the Bay movies did... I just give up, I really do.

If there's one complaint.... I guess? I wanted more bonding scenes between Charlie and Bee, because they were done so damn well. Definitely wanted more.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Just back from a showing. There are some neat 80s & other TF references which I appreciated.

1. The Touch is in it!
2. The Thing poster was a cool homage.
3. The scenes on Cybertron were perfect, and Cybertron looks like the 80s cartoon version.
4. Seeing Prime in 80s truck mode made me fanboy.
5. Young Simmons kind of ties it into the older TF movies, but it was a throwaway line.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
A friend of mine went to a screening of this the other day and was very underwhelmed. It's going to be interesting to see the type of audience this film attracts. He thought the film would repel the fans (what there is of them) of Bay's films and struggle against Mary Poppins and Aquaman.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the film was great. There was one little part that stood out for me as being out of place and could have been cut.

The whole high school part with the jock the girl bullies was weird. They were so stereotyped and I think the film would have been better without them.

Apr 19, 2018
I see the film is being composed by Dario Marianelli now, but does the movie use any of Steve Jablonski's original music themes from the previous Transformers?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was optimistic it was going to be better than the Bay films...

... but not THIS much better. Whoa.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine went to a screening of this the other day and was very underwhelmed. It's going to be interesting to see the type of audience this film attracts. He thought the film would repel the fans (what there is of them) of Bay's films and struggle against Mary Poppins and Aquaman.
Looks like Aquaman gonna win

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I saw the film a few days ago and I'm quite surprised the average score is so high. I thought it was fun but it didn't exactly leave a huge impression on me. I guess people are just surprised it's actually good at all.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the film a few days ago and I'm quite surprised the average score is so high. I thought it was fun but it didn't exactly leave a huge impression on me. I guess people are just surprised it's actually good at all.
After 4 awful Transformers movies that would definitely be a huge surprise for anyone. I'm still going to see it though.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

This where I'm at after seeing it. It's fine. It's acceptable. It's certainly the best Transformers movie but that is a low bar.

It just suffers from what the rest of the Transformers movies did but to a much lower extent, primarily, I just don't care about the human characters of the film and they're given way too much time.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

That's basically a problem with how review aggregates are. People are saying it's passable and a good flick, but nothing amazing, and that it isn't a bad movie either. So it's not getting negative reviews, but not exactly glowing reviews.... but as long as it doesn't get much bad it's gonna get a crazy high tatometer. There is no middle ground

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
wow i'm legit shocked this is showing so well. i had been just expecting another turd so i was ignoring it.

hearing the original transforming sound in the trailer gave me a glimmer of hope though :)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Rottentomatoes shows 93% now btw.
Got back from watching it and it was fun and overall I enjoyed watching it. Now granted it still follows from its predecessors in having a focus on the human characters, but Charlie is easily the best of the main human characters and better than all the human characters from the past 5 or so movies combined.
The scenes with Charlie and Bee really put a smile on my face, and if you liked The Iron Giant you may like this movie as well.
There are lots of neat TF fanservice too.

So, to those having seen both, Aquaman or Bumblebee?
Both IMO;
Aquaman has great scenery and action
Bumblebee has lots of fun moments between Bee and Charlie, alongside having good action

wow i'm legit shocked this is showing so well. i had been just expecting another turd so i was ignoring it.

hearing the original transforming sound in the trailer gave me a glimmer of hope though :)
Let me sell you on the movie then: You'll hear that sound a couple of times in the movie. Now that you know that, go grab your tickeeeeeeeeets!

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
Saw it, it's good! It feels fresh, new and exiting.
For those who still on the line, give it a chance.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
After being completely done with Transformer movies after The Last Knight I'm looking forward to what they do in this one.

I stopped after the 3rd movie, but saw an advance preview due to the positive reviews.

Yeah it's pretty darn great. I never thought I'd say that about a Transformers movie.

For those that watched it is there a post credits scene? Just anser with a Yes or No please :P

Mid credits but yes.

So, to those having seen both, Aquaman or Bumblebee?

Bumblebee, but I enjoyed both.