• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on Gamespot. Pretty sure it's been posted in the OT, but figured I'd post it here since the lack of end game activities was a big point of contention b/w the casual and hardcore Destiny players on the old forum.

The game was officially handed off to the Live Team which IMO handles end game better than the A team over at Bungie.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-destiny-2-gear-and-endgame-changes-outlined/1100-6454404/

Here is the list of improvements planned. Kinda frustrating to read through the list because while that's what the hardcore wanted from Day 1, this stuff should've been in the game from Day 1. The disconnect b/w the Live team and the A team is frustrating to watch.

• New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
  • Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
  • Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
  • Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
  • Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
  • Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
  • Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
  • Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
  • New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
  • An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
Good to see mods get some enhancements. Hopefully they listen to my suggestion and allow exotic perks on mods. Good to see better rewards for strikes, adventures and lost sectors and new rewards which I am hoping are new gear with hopefully Diablo and Witcher 3 like set bonuses.

Thoughts? Too little too late? I suppose this will give the December DLC some longevity.

Hatebringer

Oct 26, 2017
Considering it JUST came out on PC I think they have time to get things going. I just really hope the live team works some magic on keeping the game interesting for hardcore players. I want the game to keep my attention instead of turning into a once a week thing.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everything sounds good, but next year feels like forever away. I anticipate most will continue to play other games until the next expansion drops. My play time on the game cratered this week.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
  • New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
  • Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.

Everything seems pretty good, but I really hope these 3 specifically means better gear and not only comestic stuff. People who plays higher difficulties should be rewarded properly.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone i know who played Destiny 2 have already stopped playing. Fortnite has been our goto game for pve\pvp.
Yep, and since the end game is the Friend Game, I stopped playing. Didn't help that I despise the raid and there's little to no reason to continue playing after 305.

Everything on that list is kind of "Duhhhh". It's pretty much a who's-who of complaints from Destiny forums all over the Internet.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hopefully everything is good. Right now I'm just running the weekly rewards and jumping off until Sunday for nightfall and that's it so more incentive would be nice.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
i'm actually looking forward to this -- they needed to do something. Nothing to do in the game now. - my wife too is starting to get bored of it - and she loves the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I like what that they are responding to the criticism, but unfortunately for the hardcore I think it will be a long wait before a lot of that stuff is in place. Like a good ways into 2018. At this point I play a few hours a week to do some milestones and that's actually enough for me. I kind of like not feeling compelled to grind.

Also I really hope they tune exotics to feel exotic. I barely use any of them now.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Thank god for that! the games fallen off a cliff on my friends list! its gone from at any one time there being about 20 of us playing (so enough for a raid or two) to me being the only one! and I managed to miss out on the raid due to a combination of house renovation and hearing how its pointless

Maximrace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Sounds good but this should have been in there from the start, it's getting stale at the moment. I hoped there would be more endgame content looking at the improvements they made with Destiny 1

EBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly interested to see what these vague ideas will actually be when implemented. I've taken a week off several times in D2 which has helped to keep things fresh. Still very much enjoying the Crucible and the Raid. Wish we had trials this weekend.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these issues seem the same (or similar) to problems Destiny had. It's part of the reason I haven't hopped on the D2 train yet. These improvements definitely seem like steps in the right direction, but I'll probably still wait to see how the game evolves.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these issues seem the same (or similar) to problems Destiny had.

Couldn't agree more. Coming off the back of 100 odd hours in vanilla D1, I sunk the same in D2 and felt like no lessons had been learnt and carried over into the sequel. My circle had nothing for praise for what D1 had eventually become, and I was hoping to ride that into a vastly improved sequel. Might pick it up once the inevitable collection becomes available in 18 months time, but for now I guess my time is better spent elsewhere. Not disregarding the awesome news this is for the faithful though - hopefully it quickly moves back to where D1 left off and heads upwards from there.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 seriously needs Heroic Strikes back asap. I completely stopped playing Strikes as soon as I hit level 20. They are almost worthless accept for getting tokens.

Also need:

Glimmer multiplier item
Legendary Mod vendor
Legendary Mod random bundle from Xur

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for improved endgame PvE stuff. I think there's a bit of an issue at the moment in terms of balance. Strikes aren't rewarding and are a total cakewalk, so people don't really bother. The Nightfall, with its new timer mechanic, is actually very difficult unless you're in a coordinated group of decently geared players - there's nothing in between.

I mean consider the recommended power level of the Nightfall - 240 min. I am power 285 and it's difficult - enemies utterly shred my HP and take a good few shots to drop even with good guns. So if I'm finding it tough when 45 levels above the recommended power level, there's a disconnect there. They should start by bringing back the heroic strike playlist. We need something in between standard strikes and the Nightfall.

This is going to be controversial but here goes:
I would like them to revamp the NF totally. Make the current, timed version of the NF a mode all of it's own - call it "challenge mode" or something. Make it so that it doesn't drop the absolute best gear in terms of player power (perhaps one powerful engram at the end or something) but instead make it drop totally unique and awesome looking cosmetic stuff. Make it the ultimate test of player skill. Make it so that, when you go in, it sets all of your stats to a specific level, so gear doesn;t matter in there - similar to what WoW did with its timed challenge modes. Then, you know when you are looking at that person in the tower that they did something really tough - because they're wearing a totally unique and awesome set of armour which isn't available anywhere else. This would also make it a good, continuing challenge. Do what WoW did: have leaderboards for times, gradually improving rewards such as unique mounts, cosmetic gear sets and auras, emblems etc. If they do this, and make it so that everyone is at the same base gear level, it will be a proper test of skill, not something you can simply out gear. Having a fixed gear level for everybody also allows them to tune the encounters properly so they are doable but difficult.

Then remove the timer from the NF and make that just about doing a really bloody difficult strike which rewards great gear. The trouble with the timed mechanic at the moment is that it is wildly dependent on the strike in question - and the modifiers being used - how hard it's going to be in a given week. I've had weeks were I've breezed through the NF first try, because it was a fairly simple, short strike with forgiving modifiers, and other weeks where it was that sodding Exodus Crash strike, with that godawful boss at the end, where I've literally given up after failing over and over with various different organised groups. That kind of difficulty imbalance from week to week is flat out wrong and is made even worse when you consider that the NF is, outside of the raid, one of the only effective ways to gear up beyond a certain power level.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see more activity modifiers. Anything that is instanced like Strikes and a lot of the adventures should be able to be player tweaked for either a hard mode, shield modifiers on enemies or even changes to the enemies.

Like how they dropped a bunch of Siva or Taken in to several strikes year one, but now give us that option. Also, if you got the enemy models and can put em in the new engine, bring the Siva fallen in just for more variety.

More gear/better gear is whatever, but again pointing back to Destiny 1, Rise of Iron they went back and made Legendaries out of thebmore popular green and blue gear. They need to do that now.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's the tokens, man.
They're easily my least favourite Destiny 2 thing yet, and a ridiculous step back from Destiny 1. I'd be surprised if Bungie themselves didn't know that. Getting nothing but duplicates from Iron Banner, and having absolutely zero guaranteed rewards wasn't fun in the slightest.

These sound like a good list of improvements though, I hope it brings some people back. I already have nobody left playing to raid with unfortunately.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 seriously needs Heroic Strikes back asap. I completely stopped playing Strikes as soon as I hit level 20. They are almost worthless accept for getting tokens.

Also need:

Glimmer multiplier item
Legendary Mod vendor
Legendary Mod random bundle from Xur

To be fair they are worthless before you even reach level 20. You are better off doing public events on Titan for a few hours to level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.