• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/239336750

Incoming Developer Commentary about Destiny.
Hey, there.

Tomorrow, we had planned to conduct the final stream prior to the launch of "Curse of Osiris" to show off some of the weapons and armor the expansion includes. Instead, we are investing all our efforts into delivering some higher priority information about Destiny 2. You'll hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they'll talk about our goals for the game going forward, and you'll also learn about how we're reacting to your feedback with some game updates that will arrive in the next few weeks.

That will appear on the Bungie Blog on Wednesday.

Thank you,

EDIT: despite what some might think, this isn't just a response to the XP situation. People have been voicing their opinions on what is wrong with D2 for months and they are now just finally responding.

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit. You know maybe this post was a little too drive by shit post-y.

Last edited:

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
People want to know what your plans are for your game as a service. Who would have thunk?

Hey guys with Destiny 2 we're going to be patching the game way faster now that our engine is updated.

* 3 months later and not a single QOL patch to be seen*

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt sound like a bad thing. Instead of showing weapons etc they are focused on answering community feedback.

Steve_Hicks

Oct 28, 2017
What a fucking disaster.

At least they are trying to respond to it all and not coming off as deaf AND incompetent but...wow. It really sounds/feels like they have no idea what they are doing over there.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
...You couldn't do both?

One is going to be some text and the other is a livestream.

This seems much worse to cancel the livestream.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Guess they're preemptively feeling that their advertorial promotional video isn't going to be a viral hit.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
PANIC MODE

I look forward to watching them desperately trying to spin their progression fuckery in an attempt to get players back onboard the hype train for the new DLC.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, seeing the deep dive in quality Bungie took after cutting ties with Microsoft has been weirdly fascinating. I remember many people were saying before Destiny 1 that it's finally their time to shine by going 3rd party. Turns out, Microsoft was the only one keeping their shit together somehow.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
They've gotta be worried if they're cancelling a planned DLC stream to focus on the game's issues and future changes instead.

I doubt it's out of goodwill and probably just because the game is bleeding players like mad, but nonetheless I'm very interested if they can actually deliver anything worthwhile.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I held off on a refund, Bungie. Show us you've been listening.

They really need to start communicating better. Their silence on every single matter of import is getting ridiculous, and something I'd thought they'd learned after Destiny 1 got flak for the exact same thing.

Oct 25, 2017
It was probably the wisest choice. Just try get all the fixes and shit out as fast as possible. Try to steady the ship and brace for impact anyway, cause most likely some people will still be outraged even if it's good news.

Steve_Hicks

Oct 28, 2017
Man, seeing the deep dive in quality Bungie took after cutting ties with Microsoft has been weirdly fascinating. I remember many people were saying before Destiny 1 that it's finally their time to shine by going 3rd party. Turns out, Microsoft was the only one keeping their shit together somehow.

That correlation at best is spurious.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is going on over there?

Hopefully fear. Game is in a bad state. Can't keep sitting idle while the community and media are in arms. They really need to do more than a weekly post about how happy they are with the game and start communicating. Receive feedback, acknowledge it, work on it. Give timeframes. Explain the process so people see that it's not a Switch being flipped.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally a good thing guys lol. This is exactly what the community has been asking for versus a "HEY BUY OUR DLC" stream.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What a cluster f***. I really want to like Destiny 2 right now, but Bungie is making it really hard.

I honestly think this is better anyway. The streams that they do usually feel very underwhelming, cause confusion and just take too much time and effort to take in. Comprehensive written content is a superior means of communication in my opinion.

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
Well I imagine they cancelled the stream because people are going berserk and they'd rather not deal with it.

So instead they choose to hide behind a blog post instead of actually explaining their plans on a stream. This is nothing more than a pitiful attempt to avoid the shit storm that they started from their months of silence.

Skyw3rd

Oct 30, 2017
Panic mode has been engaged. It's the right thing to do. People are mad, their top influencers are leaving to play other games, the game has gotten stale and they've just been trying to sell more product. They have to talk about this and be more open.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FQ0MBBT.gif

good luck bungle. You are gonna need it!

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
So instead they choose to hide behind a blog post instead of actually explaining their plans on a stream. This is nothing more than a pitiful attempt to avoid the shit storm that they started from their months of silence.

As long as they give answers, I don't really care whether it's a livestream or a blog post. Anyone who is going to nitpick that is just looking for something to rage over.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Honestly, it's a good thing.
Instead of showing more stuff that would probably piss their community even more they will focus on things players want to hear.

They are clearly in panic mode though

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
At this point I'm following these developments as a hobbyist. I want them to do right, but I'm very much at the conclusion that Bungie has acted in bad faith, based on the most recent XP situation.

They'll need years of efforts demonstrating the contrary before I look at their products/services again. This is a huuuuge shift for my buying habits, and even knowing I'm just one customer, I hope they take this seriously (just as I hope other buyers do, as well).

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"So we discovered an 'unintended bug' where our EXP 'fix' wasn't actually a fix and you were still only getting half of the EXP you were due. This will be fixed.

And if you notice that your weapons are now only doing half as much damage as they used to, just ignore that feeling, it's all in your head. Please buy the DLC for our content-barren game. Thanks."

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
At least they are trying to shake things up. I hope it addresses a lot of the community's concern.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Much better use of their time, though I'm not sure why this couldn't have also been a live stream. It better be a pretty big ass blog post.

Legitmcfalls

Oct 25, 2017
Waterloo Ontario
Other then the xp issue from last week and IB being a bit lackluster I am not sure what issues people are talking about? Especially one to cancel a whole dlc live stream.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The stream was going to be about upcoming loot. All things considered it would have been very tone deaf. This is the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.