• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like an idiot, but where is this Bungie blog? Will this just show up on bungie.net? (PC player just getting into ALL of this...)

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like an idiot, but where is this Bungie blog? Will this just show up on bungie.net? (PC player just getting into ALL of this...)
It will show up on bungie.net. Deej just posted that it's being put into the content management system. Not sure what that means (or why you would even post that on twitter).

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game's not mediocre or shit. smh.
The first is true more than the other. People have lost there minds about Destiny for the last few years, it won't matter if it's all good news or if it's good and bad. There will be tons of shit posts like every destiny thread.
The majority of people in this thread getting warnings from mods are people who are defending the game so.....

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, these responses are sad.

You complain when the streams don't reveal enough, when they don't respond, when they don't change - and now you laugh and deride when they decide to directly communicate, address concerns, and try to tell us how they'll be improving the game.

What exactly do you want out of them? They're doing exactly what people have asked them to do - now it's a wait to see if the solutions match the depths of some people's disappointment. But the collective WTF reaction is immature, sad, and unproductive.
Meh, thats the internet for you.

I appreciate it, but if this is some usual fluff piece by Deej (he said it isn't, but ya know..), then Reddit might meltdown along with the vocal minority.

Its really too late for me, this isn't 2014 where this was one of the only big releases, there are too many great games out there deserving of gamer time...If the game doesn't want me to play hardcore and is just going for casual playing...fine. I'll play it casually. Come back to DLC, maybe, and not be near as involved in the community because its casual anyway

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd argue its people who are taking it personal over the game are getting the warnings themselves
Sure. But the people who you see with the red warnings in here are mostly the people defending the game so I just find it odd that someone would say its worse on one side when in the case of this community in this thread, that hasn't appeared to be the case. I think the issue is that both ends are so extreme that you inevitably get that sort of behavior.

Jinjo

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah don't get it, maybe they do stream tomrrow or something?

Doing an armor/fashion stream would be really tonedeaf with all the legitimate criticism the game has been getting. It's good that they're not.

That said, I expect just some promises like the paragraph we had in that one TWAB we had over a month ago, not actual announcement and directly incoming changes.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doing an armor/fashion stream would be really tonedeaf with all the legitimate criticism the game has been getting. It's good that they're not.

That said, I expect just some promises like the paragraph we had in that one TWAB we had over a month ago, not actual announcement and directly incoming changes.
Deej did say that they were coming out with hard dates and actual changes tho so itd be weird if they doubled back after saying that.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Meh, thats the internet for you.

I appreciate it, but if this is some usual fluff piece by Deej (he said it isn't, but ya know..), then Reddit might meltdown along with the vocal minority.

Its really too late for me, this isn't 2014 where this was one of the only big releases, there are too many great games out there deserving of gamer time...If the game doesn't want me to play hardcore and is just going for casual playing...fine. I'll play it casually. Come back to DLC, maybe, and not be near as involved in the community because its casual anyway

See, your reaction is totally reasonable. Got tired, got burned (or burned out), and you're mostly moving on. That makes total sense.

It's the anger over not properly tailoring a project for which the customer has already received immense value per dollar. If a game is tossed aside after 100 hours....then they played and enjoyed for 100 hours. Or they're addicted to misery, which I'm starting to suspect.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Fashion destiny is the only destiny that matters

Deleted member 19996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It will show up on bungie.net. Deej just posted that it's being put into the content management system. Not sure what that means (or why you would even post that on twitter).

CMS are what you use to build out pages. Basically meaning they are working on the blog post now (not the actual content, but ensuring it's displayed and setup properly etc.)

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See, your reaction is totally reasonable. Got tired, got burned (or burned out), and you're mostly moving on. That makes total sense.

It's the anger over not properly tailoring a project for which the customer has already received immense value per dollar. If a game is tossed aside after 100 hours....then they played and enjoyed for 100 hours. Or they're addicted to misery, which I'm starting to suspect.
HAHA no kidding. I got 100 hours out of this game. I got my money's worth. I wish there was more because I love to play it, but if there isn't, well, there isn't. I dont fee burned or cheated. How could anyone who played it (to.get to raid ready (which takes about 35-40 hours)) say I feel burned.

Kinda beyond me. But most gamer fanbases, Destiny's included, has never been accused of being overly reasonable with perspective.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

It means it's being manually entered into the backend system that will post it online once they click "Publish". So that means the post has been created, vetted, approved and this is the last step. So soon(tm).

CMS are what you use to build out pages. Basically meaning they are working on the blog post now (not the actual content, but ensuring it's displayed and setup properly etc.)

Yea, this.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But most gamer fanbases, Destiny's included, has never been accused of being overly reasonable with perspective.

That's the really sad part for me: I love this medium, and believe in its capacity to be always the art form of the future, but worry that will never happen until the community that loves it is as reasonable and sober as the ones that support literature and film.

We have real journalists now, real critics, real artists behind so many games - but the community that expresses love of the medium before disappointment and bile is not developed yet.

Oct 25, 2017
HAHA no kidding. I got 100 hours out of this game. I got my money's worth. I wish there was more because I love to play it, but if there isn't, well, there isn't. I dont fee burned or cheated. How could anyone who played it (to.get to raid ready (which takes about 35-40 hours)) say I feel burned.

Kinda beyond me. But most gamer fanbases, Destiny's included, has never been accused of being overly reasonable with perspective.
Yeah, I've put about roughly 140 hours into the game and have three characters at 305 and loved every minute of it.

If they make the game even better and more content is available? Even better for me.

But I have grown to dislike the token system, please fix that lol

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the really sad part for me: I love this medium, and believe in its capacity to be always the art form of the future, but worry that will never happen until the community that loves it is as reasonable and sober as the ones that support literature and film.

We have real journalists now, real critics, real artists behind so many games - but the community that expresses love of the medium before disappointment and bile is not developed yet.
I mean, I qualified it with "gamer" fanbases, but really its just any fanbase. Fanatical Base. While not a 1 to 1 analogy, take movies. Star Wars fans can lose their minds on stuff, where fans of something like I dunno, There Will Be Blood or something, dont. Same thing here. Destiny fans will lose their minds, fans of Flower, wont.

But Im with you man. 100%

Yeah, I've put about roughly 140 hours into the game and have three characters at 305 and loved every minute of it.

If they make the game even better and more content is available? Even better for me.

But I have grown to dislike the token system, please fix that lol
Yeah, I don't like it much either. It certainly doesn't have the hooks that D1 had, but..meh.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's hard to take games seriously as an art form when we are being asked to hand over a dollar at every corner and the stories being told are from the imaginations of ten year olds.

We really have an unreasonably long way to go.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's hard to take games seriously as an art form when we are being asked to hand over a dollar at every corner and the stories being told are from the imaginations of ten year olds.

We really have an unreasonably long way to go.
Pay 5 dollars to see how this character's arc resolves. I can see it in books and movies now haha.

Nov 28, 2017
I'm genuinely interested in what, if any, their gameplan is for this. Despite what I feel are very legitimate criticisms of the game, I do think there is a good product buried under some odd design choices. For me, I just wish they'd taken the lessons of Destiny 1 forward. What we got instead was just sort of this alternative version of Destiny that was a bit worse in nearly every way but the story. I still play though (though far less), and I still am hoping that some genuine effort is going to be put into turning this ship around.

MikeBluesky

Nov 27, 2017
I was hoping for some information about LFG tools. Am I the only one having problem with lackluster solutions in this department? Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe I'm just spoiled by MMO's on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.