• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I was going to say that's a bit harsh - but really it's not. I still can't believe somebody thought that was a good use of resources.
I thought SRL was awesome; as did my wife and the half dozen people she plays with online.

You didn't like it I take it? But what other reason do you have to believe others didnt?

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting any big hanges till DLC 2 or Expansion 1, but i hope Bungie tell's us some good stuff. I dropped the game like a rok and would have to come back.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The first baby steps will be the spring DLC and the 'major' changes will be next September. I hope it's sooner, but that's my current level of expectations.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
So, can I get my Skill based matchmaking for Crucible?

What about my losers bracket for Trials?

At least they listened to me about having larger more difficult public events!

Come at me hardcore bros

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say that's a bit harsh - but really it's not. I still can't believe somebody thought that was a good use of resources.

I really liked srl, sorry :( I can see why a lot of people didn't expect or like it in a shooter though.

Pre-srl there was a vocal group of people that wanted sparrow racing.

Clawbvious

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I'm just not sure I understand what their plan was with D2. It plays well enough, but it feels like recipe for a game, rather than the meaty meal that we wanted.

I've enjoyed the feedback loop of grinding GL up, but I like that grindy sort of nonsense. It feels like I've been waiting for the game to start, and I'm still waiting.

The expansion DLC, although visual neat looking, doesn't seem to really add enough to the game. It just sort of feels like we're treading water.

I think more than anything, I'm disappointed that all the cool world building and weird ideas they had didn't coalesce into a better, more satisfying gaming experience.

buzzjive

Oct 31, 2017
I thought SRL was awesome; as did my wife and the half dozen people she plays with online.

You didn't like it I take it? But what other reason do you have to believe others didnt?

I know people liked it. A good chunk of my clan did. It's just not what I wanted in Destiny and when there were so many things that needed fixing, it was a massive waste of resources. It was no small task to put that together.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, that's what I think will happen.
If I were them, all the needed changes better be part of a free update. No September DLC required. I'm not sure how it worked with other DLCs for D1 because I bought them all, but yeah, that stuff better come free with no strings attached or there will be another online frenzy 6 months from now.

Jinjo

Nov 12, 2017
This feels more and more like a blog post they just started putting together today. Same for the ideas that it will contain. Not expecting anything substantial for DLC 1.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I really liked srl, sorry :( I can see why a lot of people didn't expect or like it in a shooter though.

Pre-srl there was a vocal group of people that wanted sparrow racing.

People have been talking about sparrow racing or the inclusion of a GOOD sparrow segment of a raid or strike since the very beginning of Destiny. Directly after the space ships doing absolutely nothing.

SRL was cool as shit and had no business whatsoever going away. That's probably my most detested design decision that has carried through Destiny's entire lifespan. Events and trials and IB and basically everything cool always goes away. For some stuff it's understandable and even adds value to the thing itself (Trials wouldn't really be Trials without that deadline making you sweat) but Sparrow Racing? Wtf son.. why would you REMOVE that and basically never offer it again after the 2nd roll out after putting all that work in? Fuckin... why?

I had visions in the early days of beating a mid-boss and collecting a chest of goodies. Me and my fireteam start to celebrate and walk down the next hall only for the ground to shake and the building to start falling apart and then BAM! Your ghost sparks to life "Guardian! The Servo-Core of the 3rd colony pod is leaking ION dust! We have maybe a minute to get the hell off of this ship!
Cue amazing sparrow race sequence with 5 friends all laughing and hollering and cursing while shit explodes on all sides. Share button - save - upload + 1 billion likes. It's that fuckin easy. Where is the fucking creativity on this team?? No ps3 and 360 holdin this bad boy back! fuckin do something WILD with this world you created! like the best they could come up with was fuckin Cabal Ninja Warrior? I don't believe that.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If I were them, all the needed changes better be part of a free update. No September DLC required. I'm not sure how it worked with other DLCs for D1 because I bought them all, but yeah, that stuff better come free with no strings attached or there will be another online frenzy 6 months from now.
Almost every game with Bungie including Halo has locked players who didnt purchase the DLC out of the newer content. I would be shocked if this wasn't the case with any improvements moving forward.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had visions in the early days of beating a mid-boss and collecting a chest of goodies. Me and my fireteam start to celebrate and walk down the next hall only for the ground to shake and the building to start falling apart and then BAM! Your ghost sparks to life "Guardian! The Servo-Core of the 3rd colony pod is leaking ION dust! We have maybe a minute to get the hell off of this ship! Cue amazing sparrow race sequence with 5 friends all laughing and hollering and cursing while shit explodes on all sides. Share button - save - upload + 1 billion likes.
Seems legit

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Almost every game with Bungie including Halo has locked players who didnt purchase the DLC out of the newer content. I would be shocked if this wasn't the case with any improvements moving forward.
I'm not talking content. I understand content and I think most rational people understand that too. I'm talking about other changes. What happens if current tokens remain static, but a new vendor in a new space now uses tokens like the marks system from D1. I'm saying changes like that need to be universal.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not talking content. I understand content and I think most rational people understand that too. I'm talking about other changes. What happens if current tokens remain static, but a new vendor in a new space now uses tokens like the marks system from D1. I'm saying changes like that need to be universal.
Oh no I know what you mean I should have said, if something like the above example happens I don't believe they will have access to it.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm uninstalling the game if SRL is mentioned.

HandsomeScaredCaiman-size_restricted.gif

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Should have picked up the DLC as the majority of the community is likely to migrate to that content come next week.
Are you saying everyone will stop playing the D2 base game after this? I just bought the game on Monday and I only played D1 for the first two months when it was first released, so I never got to experience the "good" Destiny 1.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Are you saying everyone will stop playing the D2 base game after this? I just bought the game on Monday and I only played D1 for the first two months when it was first released, so I never got to experience the "good" Destiny 1.

Not everyone but a certain portion of the community will move on to the DLC content. I do not think you will have any issues doing the weekly milestones or anything like that but don't be surprised if a large portion of the community focuses on the new content.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone but a certain portion of the community will move on to the DLC content. I do not think you will have any issues doing the weekly milestones or anything like that but don't be surprised if a large portion of the community focuses on the new content.

The old content will still be relevant for leveling though.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
People have been talking about sparrow racing or the inclusion of a GOOD sparrow segment of a raid or strike since the very beginning of Destiny. Directly after the space ships doing absolutely nothing.

SRL was cool as shit and had no business whatsoever going away. That's probably my most detested design decision that has carried through Destiny's entire lifespan. Events and trials and IB and basically everything cool always goes away. For some stuff it's understandable and even adds value to the thing itself (Trials wouldn't really be Trials without that deadline making you sweat) but Sparrow Racing? Wtf son.. why would you REMOVE that and basically never offer it again after the 2nd roll out after putting all that work in? Fuckin... why?

I had visions in the early days of beating a mid-boss and collecting a chest of goodies. Me and my fireteam start to celebrate and walk down the next hall only for the ground to shake and the building to start falling apart and then BAM! Your ghost sparks to life "Guardian! The Servo-Core of the 3rd colony pod is leaking ION dust! We have maybe a minute to get the hell off of this ship!
Cue amazing sparrow race sequence with 5 friends all laughing and hollering and cursing while shit explodes on all sides. Share button - save - upload + 1 billion likes. It's that fuckin easy. Where is the fucking creativity on this team?? No ps3 and 360 holdin this bad boy back! fuckin do something WILD with this world you created! like the best they could come up with was fuckin Cabal Ninja Warrior? I don't believe that.

You're speaking to my heart. I swear the design team never saw an adventure movie in their lives. Where's the action? In D2 the only time I felt that was on the Almighty.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
SRL is exactly some of the broader Halo variety that Destiny could use some more of, though. And it's clear that it's stuff that Bungie devs enjoy, as evidenced by all the race stuff that they packed into Reach's gametype (lap counters, speed, etc on HUD).

Given how cumbersome the editing tools were for D1, it's suspect to say that it even took much away from TTK and ROI dev. The equivalent geometry of the SRL maps in PvE spaces would have been nice, but would they have been able to effectively populate them for activities?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
The first baby steps will be the spring DLC and the 'major' changes will be next September. I hope it's sooner, but that's my current level of expectations.
This is more or less what most people should expect. Bungie is pretty damn slow with incorporating big changes into Destiny, but they've shown in the past they're good at listening to the community.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

What i would worry about are the queues for those old strikes and raids. It was already long via that guides thing. its gonna be reaaal long when the DLC comes out.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be dropped at closing time, so they can press send and run.

/s Just joking.

Idk why I am feeling so anxious for a blog post, haha.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised its late, everything being posted is probably being vetted from fairly high up. Its not just DeeJ doing his normal update

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised its late, everything being posted is probably being vetted from fairly high up. Its not just DeeJ doing his normal update
As someone who has done this before for a publisher, this is absolutely what's happening. This stuff tends to come in incredibly hot.

I don't know what Activision/Bungie are like, but it's not being done so they can just bolt after. Probably gonna be a long night for their community/marketing folks.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DeeJ just posted on Twitter, I am unable to link or read at this time, sorry guys.

Just letting you know.

Heisenburger

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game turned out to be mediocre/shit. They've sold the season pass and overpriced dlc and people are releasing how little the content is this time around.

Give me crota ends over this garbage dlc.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'll tell you what I don't want from them.

Telling me what I should like and enjoy. What I should find cool, I can make up my own mind.

There was a 2 part interview recently on crucible radio about the pvp and hearing these two bungie guys on there saying "we want the streaming to be more entertaining, so we made moments like power ammo grabs is exciting, it's exciting right?"

No, it's not exciting nor is it exciting to team shooting or.....ugh I remember Fran Mirabella saying something before d2 dropped, something like "imagine this game comes out and we all hate it?"

That was my biggest fear but here I am, thousand something hours of d1 later and d2 is collecting internal dust inside my console. If I told my past self this I wouldn't believe me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Theres something really funny to me about the fact they cant even get a timed statement out when they said they would.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game turned out to be mediocre/shit. They've sold the season pass and overpriced dlc and people are releasing how little the content is this time around.

Give me crota ends over this garbage dlc.
The game's not mediocre or shit. smh.
Or go into full on defense mode even if it's all bad news.
The first is true more than the other. People have lost there minds about Destiny for the last few years, it won't matter if it's all good news or if it's good and bad. There will be tons of shit posts like every destiny thread.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Guys, these responses are sad.

You complain when the streams don't reveal enough, when they don't respond, when they don't change - and now you laugh and deride when they decide to directly communicate, address concerns, and try to tell us how they'll be improving the game.

What exactly do you want out of them? They're doing exactly what people have asked them to do - now it's a wait to see if the solutions match the depths of some people's disappointment. But the collective WTF reaction is immature, sad, and unproductive.

I couldn't agree more. Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.