• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I don't miss the moon.

Opening some areas in buildings that were in the first game is interesting. Areas that have never been opened before.

I don't know if stuff like that is enough though.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
moons.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't fucking wait for this. September is going to be fantastic for this game.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Best thing is the music in the first minute, and the red Hive castle. What new content they've shown actually does look good.

Dec 28, 2017
I hope my feeling is wrong and the Saruman tower will not be the only addition to the moon map. Anyway keeping with myself I will buy it and hope for the best.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a hardcore Destiny player so get salty over this, but I just can't see this is good value for $40 when Borderlands 3 is available for $60 in the same week.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a hardcore Destiny player so get salty over this, but I just can't see this is good value for $40 when Borderlands 3 is available for $60 in the same week.
If you dig BL3 it's OK to make that your priority. If you're still into D2 by the time you wind down from BL3, Shadowkeep might be discounted.

I'll be there Day 1 for Shadowkeep because BL3 (respectfully) isn't my thing. The value proposition sounds good to me.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easy, I'd rather support bungie than gearbox and randy pitchford. That's a better value all together plus I would rather play Destiny than borderlands even if I may get Borderlands 3.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Eh, I'm sure if you're a hardcore Destiny player the expansion will offer plenty of value, they've essentially doubled the size of the patrol zone, there's a new raid, new features, exotics etc.

You're not wrong about the timing of its release against Borderlands 3, however, and I'm sure there'll be plenty who pass Shadowkeep up in favour of it

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
Glad they found a way to reuse a bunch of old assets and enemies and are gonna charge 35 bucks for it. Destiny 3 seriously needs some new enemy types and all new, bigger locations big time.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That was a good video. I'm okay with revisiting the Moon but I'm more concerned with how they're going to advance the game systems and clean up all of the progression. There's so many isolated and also repetitive activities in D2 now and the Strikes are not worth playing. I want to know what the solves for those things are.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I think they are. In one of the vids, they announced they are bringing the intro mission to Destiny 1 back to the game for newcomers. And with that... wouldn't they have to recreate the Cosmodrome? I'm hoping it will be patrolable as well.

I wonder how they are going to go about that. Like before or after the events of the opening.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think they are. In one of the vids, they announced they are bringing the intro mission to Destiny 1 back to the game for newcomers. And with that... wouldn't they have to recreate the Cosmodrome? I'm hoping it will be patrolable as well.
They wouldn't need to have all of the Cosmodrome in the game for that, and I believe they've said that it's purely limited to that introductory mission, it won't be patrolable.

But hey, it does seem something's been going down out there with Zavala's unexplained quarantine and those irradiated fallen in the Master Ives mission so maybe they do have plans for the zone before D2's time is up.

Personally I kind of have no desire to return to the Cosmodrome, I've spent enough time there and Earth just doesn't really interest me as a setting in general.

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
It looks good to me.
I'm happy to see locations return and with the new additions I'm pretty excited.
Plus a few of my lapsed clanmates are back so it's gonna be super fun playing D2 with the squad

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ask this for every expansion: Please give us a better vault or revamp the collections system.