• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is it comparable to

I think his point is that they always act like they have some huge undertaking that could change everything. I've gotta say it did make me more excited for things for a while but now that we've seen what they mean...eh.
I've never gotten this vibe, honestly can't think of single instance from any of their vidocs that gives this impression.

And its not like keeping gaming's Premier looter shooter franchise popular for 5 years under the kosh of Activision's oppressive schedules and the industry's ire was exactly a small undertaking.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never gotten this vibe, honestly can't think of single instance from any of their vidocs that gives this impression.

And its not like keeping gaming's Premier looter shooter franchise popular for 5 years under the kosh of Activision's oppressive schedules and the industry's ire was exactly a small undertaking.
It's a four minute video showing some of the differences between D1 and D2, that's it. I don't get a sense they are hyping this up more than what they have already shown, and what we generate ourselves.

It's a simple behind the scenes video. If people want to hate they will hate, they never want to find anything positive to say. If people don't like the moon then they don't need to subject themselves to the horror of purchasing Shadowkeep.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The weather in D2 is gorgeous, but I do agree I'd like it to stand out a bit more. Nessus at night is my favorite; the vex milk looks super cool at night.
Only Titan Actually has any kind of weather with hail stones and shit.

Everywhere else is just kinda blah, no rain, storms or high winds...

Oct 28, 2017
Just wait for the inevitable comparison video between D1 and D2's moon to come out. This won't be a Crackdown 1 to 2 job.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every Destiny thread has people that haven't played since D1 commenting on how Bungie is "lazy." While dedicated fans are playing every new release for hundreds of hours. Destiny, by far, has been the best value in gaming for me.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I kinda wonder if they would be willing to reboot the entire Destiny franchise for the next gen consoles and just do their original vision for the game

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just the moon we are getting as a new location?
One of my favourite things about Forsaken was having both The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
ca81748a-1bc6-4b07-869ko1.jpeg
I need this.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Nov 14, 2017
I think they are. In one of the vids, they announced they are bringing the intro mission to Destiny 1 back to the game for newcomers. And with that... wouldn't they have to recreate the Cosmodrome? I'm hoping it will be patrolable as well.
That mission only used two bubbles I think. The first was the junkyard and the walk through the wall, and the second was that patrol bubble that lead into the shipyard to fight the fallen captain. You couldn't leave the second bubble and get into the wider patrol space though.
More like in terms of story and sidequests also some rumors were that sidequests would give exotic weapons and not random luck of the draw
That's been how many exotics have dropped since Y2 of D1.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
More like in terms of story and sidequests also some rumors were that sidequests would give exotic weapons and not random luck of the draw
Ahh yeah I remember that I think I've mentioned it before but the story for Destiny 1 before the "cut up" was Destiny 1 + DLC (Excluding RoI) + Destiny 2 + DLC (Warmind and Osiris) was supposed to be the original story for just destiny 1.

Then well Jason Jones said a fat no after watching a 2 hour supercut of the story for the game, and they were forced to change a bunch of the story to make it less linear and more do what you want all while Jospeh Staten was on vacation and he promptly quit after learning about what happened.. I still think Jason Jones made one of the worst decisions of his career with that, and I despise him for it because it also cause the game to be stripped of a lot of its features.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Ahh yeah I remember that I think I've mentioned it before but the story for Destiny 1 before the "cut up" was Destiny 1 + DLC (Excluding RoI) + Destiny 2 + DLC (Warmind and Osiris) was supposed to be the original story for just destiny 1.

Then well Jason Jones said a fat no after watching a 2 hour supercut of the story for the game, and they were forced to change a bunch of the story to make it less linear and more do what you want all while Jospeh Staten was on vacation and he promptly quit after learning about what happened.. I still think Jason Jones made one of the worst decisions of his career with that, and I despise him for it because it also cause the game to be stripped of a lot of its features.
I kinda feel that most of those ideas can only run on the next gen consoles coming out in 2020. Cause jesus a lot of GAAS games are not great, maybe next gen the scope will be better.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
That mission only used two bubbles I think. The first was the junkyard and the walk through the wall, and the second was that patrol bubble that lead into the shipyard to fight the fallen captain. You couldn't leave the second bubble and get into the wider patrol space though.

Curses! Foiled again!

But, I guess if there are enough requests... and the moon stuff is popular, maybe we'll see the Cosmodrome or Venus again and updated for how they'd look after D2 events.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I may finally jump back in. Is there a thread for what all is changing?
I don't think there's one single thread, but there are a couple that were made back when they announced what's gonna be happening. Here are some threads with info on upcoming changes.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Still impressive but I can't help feeling that they are doing this remaster moon trick so that they can put most resources working on what comes in Sept 2020.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Still impressive but I can't help feeling that they are doing this remaster moon trick so that they can put most resources working on what comes in Sept 2020.
I'm sure that's at least part of the motivation (see: Rise of Iron), but fans have been asking for old zone reduxes a bunch. I'm hyped of this means more returning, expanded zones, though I'd still appreciate new locations staying the major focus.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that's at least part of the motivation (see: Rise of Iron), but fans have been asking for old zone reduxes a bunch. I'm hyped of this means more returning, expanded zones, though I'd still appreciate new locations staying the major focus.
Not saying this old zone returning is bad or lazy at all. But no, fans are wanting the main stories to proceed forward, not just branching out more "side stories." Check Datto's interview with bungie. And RoI was literally bungie's bandage to buy more time because activision wanted them to release D2 in Sep 2016. But WOTM is indeed a great raid.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what you're arguing. Fans can want both. Old zones have been a very regular and loud request from fans.
That was when they launched the barebone vanilla D2 version. Players didn't have much to do at the time and they were asking why D2 didnt come with all destinations in D1. Those complains became very few when Forsaken launched with loads of activities. One of the first page threads on reddit yesterday was literally asking to remove Mercury if the game client's size gets too big. But okay.

Tremis

Oct 29, 2017
Never played D1 but I'm super into D2 even the lore at this point. I need haunted moon in my life now.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
The team that handles all the art direction on D2 have introduced me to so many things that I never even really knew I loved. I am just constantly in awe of how the game looks at basically every new environment I see. Can't wait to explore the haunted moon.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
That was when they launched the barebone vanilla D2 version. Players didn't have much to do at the time and they were asking why D2 didnt come with all destinations in D1. Those complains became very few when Forsaken launched with loads of activities. One of the first page threads on reddit yesterday was literally asking to remove Mercury if the game client's size gets too big. But okay.
So because one person posted that they can remove Mercury should the file size get too big, that somehow represents the entire community on this topic?

Old zones continue to be one of the top repeated requests by the community, just look at the reactions to the Shadowkeep reveal when they showed the opening seconds of the first cosmodrome mission, people were insanely hyped for what they thought would be a patrol zone back in the 'Drome instead of just the intro mission. Lets not speak for the whole community with "Well they stopped asking for it when Forsaken came out" No they didn't, They're still asking for it.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
So because one person posted that they can remove Mercury should the file size get too big, that somehow represents the entire community on this topic?

Old zones continue to be one of the top repeated requests by the community, just look at the reactions to the Shadowkeep reveal when they showed the opening seconds of the first cosmodrome mission, people were insanely hyped for what they thought would be a patrol zone back in the 'Drome instead of just the intro mission. Lets not speak for the whole community with "Well they stopped asking for it when Forsaken came out" No they didn't, They're still asking for it.
Because it getting lots of upvotes means the community agree with him? I don't speak for the whole community and I spoke for what I saw from forums and discords just like you saw people hyped for cosmodrome mission.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Because it getting lots of upvotes means the community agree with him? I don't speak for the whole community and I spoke for what I saw from forums and discords just like you saw people hyped for cosmodrome mission.
If you think everyone who upvoted that post literally wants to remove Mercury, literally removing content from the game, and not just upvoting for the memes, then I don't know what to tell you, welcome to Reddit I suppose?

EDIT: Actually, found the post you are referring to and this is the third sentence: (Preemptive note for all the nuance-lacking literalists out there, this is sarcastic in nature.)

Consider me shocked.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
If you think everyone who upvoted that post literally wants to remove Mercury, literally removing content from the game, and not just upvoting for the memes, then I don't know what to tell you, welcome to Reddit I suppose?
At least the OP and most relies weren't making meme. It's just one of many community's opinions. You don't agree then move on, I don't need you to educate me how to read internet posts?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
At least the OP and most relies weren't making meme. It's just one of many community's opinions. You don't agree then move on, I don't need you to educate me how to read internet posts?
As per my edit:

This is the third line of the Reddit post we are both discussing: (Preemptive note for all the nuance-lacking literalists out there, this is sarcastic in nature.)

Apparently I do need to educate you on how to read internet posts, there's also a "Satire" badge next to the post, but hey, you do you.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
As per my edit:

This is the third line of the Reddit post we are both discussing: (Preemptive note for all the nuance-lacking literalists out there, this is sarcastic in nature.)

Apparently I do need to educate you on how to read internet posts, there's also a "Satire" badge next to the post, but hey, you do you.
I embarrassingly missed that line,okay you win then.