• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
According to the hiring section on their website, Bungie is seeking an Incubation Art Director for a brand new property they have yet to reveal. The job description doesn't get too specific, but it does hint at some of the game's tone and other aspects.

"Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Would you like to work on something comedic with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Do you think a lot about how art impacts gameplay, how character design can enable fan cosplays, or how character poses and environments speak to different cultures all around the world?
As the Incubation Art Director, you will define the look of a new Bungie IP
and work on all aspects of art to guide a prototype on the path to production. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie."

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
we're never going to see another single-player-focused Bungie campaign, are we? ;_;

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Could be for this

TYyb2HR52yEAr3HpeCm4Be-1200-80.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds very hero-esque, the way they emphasis character design to the point of acknowledging potential cosplay.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
If this isn't their NetEase game then I could see them leaving Destiny behind. That is if they're developing 2 other major games.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's a sci fi FPS where you fight a gallery of different factions of aliens

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They are gonna ditch Destiny and leave like 28 different story threads hanging forever.

As far as we know, the team for the NetEase game (which this likely is) and the Destiny team are two separate teams in Bungie. I'd still expect Destiny to be supported for quite a while.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
As far as we know, the team for the NetEase game (which this likely is) and the Destiny team are two separate teams in Bungie. I'd still expect Destiny to be supported for quite a while.
The NetEase game has been around for a while. If they didn't have the art style/themes shaped already that would be concerning. This could be something else.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The NetEase game has been around for a while. If they didn't have the art style/themes shaped already that would be concerning. This could be something else.

I don't think it is anything else. The NetEase partnership was put together less than two years ago. Takes a long time to set wheels in motion and get a project started. It would make sense they are finally to the point where they know what they want to do and are putting a team together for it.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I don't think it is anything else. The NetEase partnership was put together less than two years ago. Takes a long time to set wheels in motion and get a project started. It would make sense they are finally to the point where they know what they want to do and are putting a team together for it.
Perhaps

I honestly hope they move on from Destiny though.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Thank god, Destiny's art direction is boring imo. ''Fantasy sci-fi'' is just not super interesting.

Last edited:

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it now. Hero shooter. Overwatch/Siege moment. Free to play. Multiplat. Lots of skins and such.

I really hope they look to rainbow six for the monetization model.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Fine, I'll do it. I'll define the look of Bungie's new IP. They can rest assured it will be a cosplayer's delight.

I can't say anything more, except that I find profound inspiration in the "leather daddy" aesthetic.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
We knew their intent to create a new IP when they accepted a large investment from some Chinese company. Leyou or NetEase? Can't remember.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
They lost me with whole Activision side-tracking. Hope that they will regain my trust with new IP.

Still keeping my expectations in check as they were my favourite studio.