• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
I will buy this with all expansions at sub $20.

Switch says hi. Single fun single player games with replayabiity
The PS4 has much more "single fun single player games with replayability" than the Switch, they're not even in the same league, the gap gets even worse if you leave out the Wii U ports.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully as it is now

Bright Engrams aren't tied to progression.... but they are getting closer every year and D2 has the WORST implementation of Eververse yet... full stop

The solution?

Eververse Exclusive pool should be TINY like it was in D1.... with everything else being able to DROP in the game world from various activities (maybe even exclusive to certain activities)

Eververse should only serve 2 functions.

- The ability to defeat game world drop RNG and cycle all possible world drops for a reasonable bright dust cost

- To offer the crazy off the wall shit that is very limited

So basically..... how it fuckking worked in D1 for the most part. I hate that I keep getting blue in the face saying it. D1 had good things that should have carried over. The Reboot idea is a massive failure

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Sorry, I'm a little lost. When the hell did 'chase' become a noun, and what does it mean?

American business needs to wind its neck in with the English language.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
:p very funny

Ok, I mean as in an uncountable noun. I know what, say, a chase scene or a police chase is, but 'we need more chase in our game' makes me think that a) there aren't enough speeder pursuits and b) English isn't this guy's first language.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I will buy this with all expansions at sub $20.

The PS4 has much more "single fun single player games with replayability" than the Switch, they're not even in the same league, the gap gets even worse if you leave out the Wii U ports.

I never said it didn't. Why are you replying to me? The person I was quoting was acing as if solid fun was obsolete and I was providing a counter example

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Just reading the title made me feel sick.

This is what Bungie wants to prioritize, the same Bungie that brought us one of the best system selling FPS franchises. That talent is long gone.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The end game is pretty much just grind for Eververse items as is, anymore focus on it and I'm out.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is really what I don't understand.

They already ask for the game and expansions... why focus on microtransations and lootboxes? If the updates and expansion were free I can understand but we are paying every three months.

Said that... if you are paying for something you need to get exactly what you want and not a random lootbox.

tenor.gif

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Destiny 2 looked like the same unfulfilling gameplay loop as the first they are now just making it worse for the people that do enjoy it. Like this isn't going to make more people buy your game.
Games arent about fun anymore are they?
I dunno pick your games better? I haven't dealt with crap like this all year lol. From AAA to indie.
Switch says hi. Single fun single player games with replayabiity
A single platform isn't the only one making single player games.

still upset i bought this game
Ditto. I feel a bit shafted, given the issues the PC port had to begin with, the locking of content behind DLC a mere month and a half after it's release, and now this.
Don't say I didn't warn you 2.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The fact that Destiny 2 looked like the same unfulfilling gameplay loop as the first

That's the problem though: what you just described was not what the first was like for the majority of its three years. It had very rough patches in the first year but they kept improving it.

They have a very fulfilling "gameplay loop" in Destiny 1 when Destiny 2 came out. And they went backwards.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I didnt think Bungie would become the new mafia trying to cash in on exploiting addiction.

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Destiny 2 looked like the same unfulfilling gameplay loop as the first they are now just making it worse for the people that do enjoy it. Like this isn't going to make more people buy your game.

The Destiny gameplay loop is one of the most satisfying out there for many people which is why there is such a strong following of the first one. The problem here is that in the sequel they are removing or changing so many things that made Destiny appealing to begin with and from this news it doesn't seem like they are turning it around anytime soon.

It's very strange to see all these people that hated Destiny 1 screaming I told you so about 2 when the complaints about 2 are mostly that it isn't enough like the first one.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't Engrams enough???

How would loot boxes be different?

Engrams are RNG "containers" that drop randomly, that you can get as a reputation reward or that you can buy with silver/cash.

What else would they add that doesn't already accomplish that same thing?

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
That's the problem though: what you just described was not what the first was like for the majority of its three years. It had very rough patches in the first year but they kept improving it.

They have a very fulfilling "gameplay loop" in Destiny 1 when Destiny 2 came out. And they went backwards.
The Destiny gameplay loop is one of the most satisfying out there for many people which is why there is such a strong following of the first one. The problem here is that in the sequel they are removing or changing so many things that made Destiny appealing to begin with and from this news it doesn't seem like they are turning it around anytime soon.
I meant for me personally 1 nor 2 does much for me. If you guys like it cool. It just seems like Destiny 2 is going about it even worse than 1 in terms of other stuff now and that's a damn shame.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When Bungie signed on with Activision I knew we would get nickle and dimed. 3 months after release and they already have a $20 expansion, the whole IP is set up as a business model to maximize revenue.

Oct 29, 2017
  • Create sustainable player progression and chase through Destiny 2's Bright Engram
  • Design and implement new features and systems with an eye on engagement, retention, and monetization
  • Use data and design sensibilities to define strategies for maintaining ideal engagement patterns and maximizing player satisfaction

I like that they're pretty much confirming that they're using data analytics to change payout rates on the fly to maximize ahem engagement.

This is why we need regulation so bad. Not because you have this one time possibility to do a wager with some money, but because it's embedded in an intelligent system that can actively prey on people.

Card games can't do that, the packages are printed months before people can buy them. Slot machines aren't allowed to do it. Changing payout rates on the fly is a criminal offence that leads to hefty fines or worse.

In games it's """engagement design""" and companies openly boast about it on their job listings.

Oct 28, 2017
At least Nintendo still exists and is thriving otherwise I would look for another hobby to dump disposable income to.

Thank your local deity or not for Nintendo.

I'm really kind of baffled as to why I'm still spending more time on the Switch than I am my brand new $500 Xbox One X.

I think I'm finally just done with modern AAA gaming. And games in general with hooks out constantly fishing for your wallet.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Games arent about fun anymore are they?

It's about the most profit for a long time and lootboxes are perfect for that. Remember when we everyone thought DLC are enough to cover the cost of high budget games? now we have DLC + Lootboxes and just like DLC, the implementation is getting worse and worse. It's like EA wanted to test how far they can push and doing it for the sake of the entire industry but it gladly backfired. I'm with the government interfering because things are getting too far.

We still have some indies that do it for pure love. other japanese games expecting good return. We still have Nintendo.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what people expected when they signed with a huge publicly traded company like Activision. Activision wants a return on their investment and the GaaS model is very attractive and lucrative.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Can't wait for the government crackdown on these clowns. We do not deserve to be treated as addicts. This fucking hobby became a disgrace.

Nov 26, 2017
Birmingham
Who wants to bet exotic guns will be behind some form of paid micro transactions in Destiny 3.

Especially if they make crazy overpowered ones, aka icebreaker, hawkmoon, gjallahorn.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh... thought about buying it because I felt the fps itch. Wolfenstein 2 it is then.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
  • Use data and design sensibilities to define strategies for maintaining ideal engagement patterns and maximizing player satisfaction
They aren't talking about how to make the game more fun here, it's the satisfaction of opening lootboxes.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Barely played this game despite owning it at launch. My incentives for playing it are becoming less and less :(