• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Wow, that's huge. Good on Bungie for the split, it'll be interesting to see how Destiny fares in the future with Bungie in full control.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
How are they gonna fund Destiny 3 though? there's no way they could cover it's budget in house.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This is huge man wow.

Couple questions:

Can Destiny 2 ongoing and a Destiny 3 matching D2 sales support a studio at Bungies current size?

What did Bungie give up?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Bungie got to keep destiny??? They can actually target the proper playerbase now??? This could be good

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.webp

How much did this cost

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
That is unbelievable news :O
But can Bungie sustain a game like Destiny on their own?

Anyway, I'm guessing both atvi and bungie are happy to be rid of each other.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Great news. Glad they are leaving. I wasnt big on Destiny 2. Hopefully they can get the funding they need to publish Destiny 3.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
I was fucking right by the way. I always thought that D2 vanilla was a fucking shitshow due to Activision influence and this totally proves it. Acti wasn't happy about Forsaken performance because they wanted a more casual appeal.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Why wouldn't Activision fight to keep Destiny? Is it below what they value or part of the original terms? Seems like a weird divorce. Somebody is on the losing end here, right?

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Freedom tastes good, doesnt it Bungie.

Now, go off on Destiny and realocate your entire creative vision on it with no strings holding you back.

It's a new start for these guys.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy news. Really wonder what this means for Destiny's future. Less focus on microtransactions? switch to a free-to-play and content subscription model? Looking forward to hearing this discussion on this week's gaming podcasts.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Kind of makes me want to buy the Destiny 2 expansions just to support them, even though some of that money would be going to Activision.

Oct 27, 2017
Huge news. Still think Bungie's decisions are responsible for a majority of Destiny's missteps, but now with them retaining it, will be interesting to see what happens.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens with Destiny 2 PC? Does it get discontinued? Moves to the Epic Games store? Lol

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
This certainly seems like good news.

But are people thinking that a majority/all of destiny's problems come from Activision?

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
This is great news for Bungie. Must suck for Vicarious Visions and High Moon, though. They seemed like they enjoyed the Destiny content that they created, especially Warmind seemed like lots of love was put into it.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazytown! Definitely a good move for Bungie. Excited to see where they can take things without Activision overseeing them.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Their partnership seemed like a shitshow the moment all of that contract info leaked years ago.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Oh shit, that was simultaneously written on the walls and straight out of nowhere.

Bet that's a huge relief for Bungie. Nobody really wants to be tethered to Activision for too long.