• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
tumblr_p67eiyL26k1vkcybwo6_400.gif
what frame is this? Now i wanna get back into it just for this suit

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I could tell you but I'd have to spoil you or anyone who reads this on one of the most amazing done things in Warframe or twists in general
The Warframes themselves are infections covered in armor, they are basically a dead carcass reanimated with no mind of their own and are controller by super psychic children who you get to control as well at will during gameplay since they end up teleporting to the location at the press of a button due to their link with the frames.

But not all frames are like that:
tumblr_p67eiyL26k1vkcybwo6_400.gif

tumblr_pca35dGGWZ1r3ftwpo2_400.gif

giphy.gif

Also the frames are super customisable and you can mix and match each piece of armor pretty easily. So there's that too. It's just that people really like long trailing braids, tendrils, cloak and stuff because it looks really nice while running, jumping and flying.
best thing is you can customize weapon fire, i was shocked i never thought of that before i saw the option in the game

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I still think this is more about Ubisoft and Valve than Ubisoft and Epic. Even if Epic did moneyhat, Ubisoft isn't making up for the lost sales because the PC community is so loyal to Steam. I think Ubisoft is hoping that Valve drops their split. They're calling each other's bluff and both sides lose if neither budges.

If Valve gets aggressive with their split, I think they would be able to bring back Ubisoft and maybe even entice Microsoft who's Windows Store revamp project seems dead before it even gets started due to the new competition.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I personally like Warframe's look. It's doing some really nice things with rendering and the devs updated every single piece of asset when they made the shift to PBR materials a few years back. All that engine change while still having the same SKU without requiring a brand new game.

tumblr_pbpjxiJTFJ1wsh8lxo1_500.gif

Az6NcGb.jpg

Off topic:

Insofar as designs are concerned, I like Warframe's launch batch the most with Excalibur being my favourite. Over the years, their new suits more often than not, have become visually incoherently busy. It is the thought school of "more" random squiggles and bold shapes thrown together in great numbers equal a splendid design. That said, it is understandable given the number of suits they have had to pump out and achieving visually appealing designs with simplicity in mind is perhaps one of the hardest things to attain (which is why 'iconic' designs are so few and far in between).

Destiny on average, to me, is somewhat better and that has to do with defined classes that adhere to certain design (silhouette) tenets. Also, colour combination also lends a huge deal and here the customization options in Warframe is a cut above the competition.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I still think this is more about Ubisoft and Valve than Ubisoft and Epic. Even if Epic did moneyhat, Ubisoft isn't making up for the lost sales because the PC community is so loyal to Steam. I think Ubisoft is hoping that Valve drops their split. They're calling each other's bluff and both sides lose if neither budges.

If Valve gets aggressive with their split, I think they would be able to bring back Ubisoft and maybe even entice Microsoft who's Windows Store revamp project seems dead before it even gets started due to the new competition.
wrong thread brah

Apr 9, 2018
Why the f*ck are people saying MS is ready to buy them when Bungie split from MS (have people forgot) over similar constraints on their creative freedom? You'd think after being under chain under Acti, signing up under MS is the last thing they'd want to do, surely?

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Why the f*ck are people saying MS is ready to buy them when Bungie split from MS (have people forgot) over similar constraints on their creative freedom? You'd think after being under chain under Acti, signing up under MS is the last thing they'd want to do, surely?

This is new good guy MS though.

What a great way to start a new Xbox machine as well.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Best of luck for them. Bungie is one of the few companies in the US that I'd love to join since I've been enjoying their games for many years.

I wonder if they'll ride the Epic train when it comes to publishing on PC.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
A bit late to this discussion. I wonder how this will affect the current PC user base of those who are tied into the Blizzard launcher?

I hope Bungie provides a method for existing customers to migrate to whatever new option is available for continued / future support of the game. If that ever happens to begin with that is.

data

Oct 25, 2017
A bit late to this discussion. I wonder how this will affect the current PC user base of those who are tied into the Blizzard launcher?

I hope Bungie provides a method for existing customers to migrate to whatever new option is available for continued / future support of the game. If that ever happens to begin with that is.
Oh shit. I didn't even think of that.

Theyre probably going to keep it on the launcher for a while before they come up with their own solution

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Best of luck for them. Bungie is one of the few companies in the US that I'd love to join since I've been enjoying their games for many years.

I wonder if they'll ride the Epic train when it comes to publishing on PC.
Considering that they're basically legendary in the field of absolutely horrific development cycles, and that basically the entirety of Destiny's development in particular has been an on-going shitshow, I really don't think you'd love it. Best off enjoying from afar.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I imagine removing Activision is like burning a bunch of blood sucking leeches off your body. Here's to Bungies freedom.

Oct 25, 2017
Milford, PA

Alot of the original Bungie guys are back at MS. If Marty is really doing Halo Infinite work, they could put the band back together. I dont think it would happen only because MS would want exclusivity but money talks. MS has been buying up studios and there would be a certain romance of a homecoming.

That said, I think many people forget Bungie's past issues. They ALWAYS underachieved. They were late ...a lot. They missed dates ...a lot. They introduced Sprint and all that other bullshit in Reach. I'm not saying I don't like them, I'm just saying they are not innocent in all of this.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Are they possibly internally capitalized for a game of Destiny's budget?

I love Bungie, and am happy to see them away from Activision, but this is an expensive game and I would worry about financial burdens being too much for an independent studio.

They *must* be landing somewhere. Epic makes sense? Microsoft could given that they had a pretty decent working relationship and the split seemed to be (mostly) amicable? Sony and Amazon can't be discounted either I imagine. I just can't see them staying *fully* indie.
They are not going to leave 50% of their playerbase out to dry so I doubt Sony/Microsoft would ever get any exclusivity what so ever. That would be a horrible scenario. That's not to say one of them won't help fund the game. Or marketing rights.

The most I can see is Microsoft buying but releasing the game on all consoles and pushing for crossplay.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Considering that they're basically legendary in the field of absolutely horrific development cycles, and that basically the entirety of Destiny's development in particular has been an on-going shitshow, I really don't think you'd love it. Best off enjoying from afar.
Oh, trust me, I've heard a bunch. But you don't know how many other companies work. And I work in Japan right now, where Bungie would still be on the alright side :)
I still might not apply because of other reasons (mainly being in the US), but their dev cycle isn't something that puts me off that much.

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft invested a lot in 343 and has expanding it into multiple teams to work on multiple games (and hopefully franchises). I don't see how Bungie would be a stretegic fit with current MS.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Oh, trust me, I've heard a bunch. But you don't know how many other companies work. And I work in Japan right now, where Bungie would still be on the alright side :)
I still might not apply because of other reasons (mainly being in the US), but their dev cycle isn't something that puts me off that much.
You know I'm not talking crunch or anything like that, right? I'm talking horrific and awe-inspiring project mismanagement.

Oct 31, 2017
As much as I like Bungie going their own way it's only going to get harder from now.
Sure they have all the control over the choices they make but they have all the responsibility now too.

Let's not forget it's a studio with 750 employees in it.
If it was a small studio like CD Project Red (250 people), Gorilla Games (150 people), Warframe (200 people) things would be a lot different.

I am also not sure if they do need 750 people to develop a game like Destiny, that's why I am pretty sure some of the studio is also working on that $100 million Chinese funding game, some maybe on a new IP and rest on Destiny 3 and Destiny 2's ongoing support.

Ofcourse I am all speculating here, let's hope they have enough talent and games to keep then afloat. next 2 years should be interesting.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
You know I'm not talking crunch or anything like that, right? I'm talking horrific and awe-inspiring project mismanagement.
Trust me, I've heard enough. Many companies got different shit going on, and while some are known to people around, many aren't known.
With that said, I can tell you Bungie isn't nearly half as bad as, say, From Software (And I say this having ex-workmates working there), and many others that otherwise nobody hears much about.

Either way, my first comment wasn't to be taken that serious, but I definitely like their art (which is my area of work), and being able to collaborate in that would be a learning experience!

Anyway, as I said, hope it all goes well to them.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because of that, I believe Bungie is working on "Destiny 3" to release in fall 2020 alongside the next generation of consoles. It will be marketed as the ultimate and final "version" of Destiny -- it will not only include a new campaign that acts as the "epic conclusion" to the fight against the Darkness but it will include the majority of areas and content from Destiny 1 and 2. In other words, this will be the game that many players thought we would be getting with the original Destiny --- an always changing universe that new planets are added to over the years. I can even see this PS5/Scarlet game simply being called "Destiny."

It really would be smart for Bungie to take people's favorite bits of D1/D2, update them and add them alongside new content either at launch or in DLC. If Destiny 3's formula updates are even half as compelling as rumored, I'm fine with remixed content from previous games.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game they're working on now is the big follow-up to the post-credits tease in Destiny 2, which I believe was meant to be the physical manifestation of the Darkness. I honestly do not think that's going to be rolled into Destiny 2.

I mentioned this in another thread but I'm going to make a prediction that might sound like a big undertaking but I truly believe that Bungie is thinking something along these lines.

I think Bungie knows that a separate sequel ended up being a mistake but at this point, it might be too convoluted to simply use Destiny 2 as a base going forward, especially as we are at the end of the console generation.

Because of that, I believe Bungie is working on "Destiny 3" to release in fall 2020 alongside the next generation of consoles. It will be marketed as the ultimate and final "version" of Destiny -- it will not only include a new campaign that acts as the "epic conclusion" to the fight against the Darkness but it will include the majority of areas and content from Destiny 1 and 2. In other words, this will be the game that many players thought we would be getting with the original Destiny --- an always changing universe that new planets are added to over the years. I can even see this PS5/Scarlet game simply being called "Destiny."

Perhaps unlikely, but I think something like that is what Bungie wants to do.
They won't do this for various reasons. But an obvious one is because of the size/number of disks required. They don't have the same luxury as long term PC MMO's that continuously build on the platform, because they haven't structured their titles and business model that way.

I wish it were true, but I frankly don't see that happening, at all.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Except Activision evidently.
Well, if it doesn't make enough money for Kotick...
I am also not sure if they do need 750 people to develop a game like Destiny, that's why I am pretty sure some of the studio is also working on that $100 million Chinese funding game, some maybe on a new IP and rest on Destiny 3 and Destiny 2's ongoing support.
Glassdoor criticisms have been slamming the size of operation for years blaming it for the bottleneck effect on production as things have to be taken through a million hoops of approval and bureaucratic processes in order to get them done. Allegedly Bungie also hasn't fully embraced agile work methodology.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
They won't do this for various reasons. But an obvious one is because of the size/number of disks required. They don't have the same luxury as long term PC MMO's that continuously build on the platform, because they haven't structured their titles and business model that way.

I wish it were true, but I frankly don't see that happening, at all.
But I think that's was what deej was hinting at. How the console space has changed since destiny came out. I see a new destiny sooner rather than later. We won't know until May-June

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Microsoft needs to offer them a nice check and 100% full creative control.
I wonder if any big publisher is willing to even work with Bungie at all after the mess Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 was in terms of development, and also how Microsoft had to constantly keep them in check for Halo 2.

I advise people to read up on Destiny's whole development, marketing, cause while most of the gaming media is cheering and high fiving Bungie for leaving Activision, I find that immensely disinegnious way of presenting the situation as to why Destiny as a franchise turned out as it is currently.

Especially Skillup's video since it is completely misrepresenting the situation and how Activision multiple times extended the deadline for Destiny 1 and Expansion (and even Destiny 2 got a reboot - based on a report) - I even cringed when he said: Oh well it is now free from Activision's talons and it is going to be super awesome...... I went jesus most of these youtubers have no idea how this game was marketed released, or if they do remember they seem to block it out.
He also goes: Well Destiny 2 was forced out... and I'm like sort of ? Cause they decided to reboot the development once again, and had no clue what to do with the game, and it shows. Yes having a game yearly released is a strain, but then why go into a contract like that with Activision.... oh right the money.

Yes Activision is greedy, but on the other hand Bungie marketed a franchise as an epic space fantasy game, and all we got was a cut up story ( cause the plot was thrown out 99% of the way) - I would not be suprised if Activision just got tired of Bungie's shit and how they were getting blamed for everything bad with the franchise. How the gameplay and just in general Bungie's stubborness to put in matchmaking to basic things took years to do. Funnily enough they seem to let From Software do whatever they want and not flush the game with forced multiplayer or even microtransactions for buying skill point or weapons.

Yes Activision is scummy, but eveyone seems to forget how incompetent Bungie is in the long, where you need two development teams from Activision, and also how they still might have an engine where it takes 8 hours to move a rock.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if any big publisher is willing to even work with Bungie at all after the mess Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 was in terms of development, and also how Microsoft had to constantly keep them in check for Halo 2.

I advise people to read up on Destiny's whole development, marketing, cause while most of the gaming media is cheering and high fiving Bungie for leaving Activision, I find that immensely disinegnious way of presenting the situation as to why Destiny as a franchise turned out as it is currently.

Especially Skillup's video since it is completely misrepresenting the situation and how Activision multiple times extended the deadline for Destiny 1 and Expansion (and even Destiny 2 got a reboot - based on a report) - I even cringed when he said: Oh well it is now free from Activision's talons and it is going to be super awesome...... I went jesus most of these youtubers have no idea how this game was marketed released, or if they do remember they seem to block it out.
He also goes: Well Destiny 2 was forced out... and I'm like sort of ? Cause they decided to reboot the development once again, and had no clue what to do with the game, and it shows. Yes having a game yearly released is a strain, but then why go into a contract like that with Activision.... oh right the money.

Yes Activision is greedy, but on the other hand Bungie marketed a franchise as an epic space fantasy game, and all we got was a cut up story ( cause the plot was thrown out 99% of the way) - I would not be suprised if Activision just got tired of Bungie's shit and how they were getting blamed for everything bad with the franchise. How the gameplay and just in general Bungie's stubborness to put in matchmaking to basic things took years to do. Funnily enough they seem to let From Software do whatever they want and not flush the game with forced multiplayer or even microtransactions for buying skill point or weapons.

Yes Activision is scummy, but eveyone seems to forget how incompetent Bungie is in the long, where you need two development teams from Activision, and also how they still might have an engine where it takes 8 hours to move a rock.
Perhaps people will finally shut their mouths when bungie unshackled, release d3 only for it to be exactly like its predecessors.

Replete with Mtxs to boot.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Regardless of how all this plays out I already have a group of friends who swore off destiny who are now excited for whats to come, so bungie at least gained some momentum in that regard.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
This good be either very good or very bad...or both.

A) Destiny 3 will bomb harder than 1 + 2
B) Destiny 3 will be a glorious masterpiece and sell really well
C) Destiny 3 will be a great game but won't sell well. Only the hardcore fans will buy in and it won't attract more casual players.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
So is Destiny 2 staying on the Blizzard client?

I'm kinda worried about the PC version of Destiny 3. Hopefully they learn how to make a proper PC version or hire another studio to do it for them. Vicarious Visions is owned by Activision so I'm assuming they won't be able to use them again.

Wonder how Destiny would play on the Decima engine...
Hopefully they don't use that. Not a fan of that engine at all. Looks awful in Killzone/Horizon and Death Stranding doesn't look too promising.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine thinking 700 hundred people worked on Destiny 2 and the same 700 went and released Osiris 3 months later and then 4 months after that the same 700 lunatics went to release Warmind.

Imagine speaking with so much authority on things you know nothing about.

Incredible scenes as always on gaming side