• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can we stop acting like Destiny is some hard to figure out game? Nothing in the game is super complex and is overall very easy to figure out and perform, that includes raids. People aren't going into missions to not beat them, you can get a random group of people and they will generally work together to accomplish a goal.

Can I ask how many raids you've done and how many LFG groups you've run with? You may just be very good and not realise how hard they are for other people.

I've done all of the Destiny ones, including all hard modes and challenge modes in D1, plus the D2 raid on normal... I STILL find them hard to execute. And I'd say about half the people I came across in LFG also struggle to execute. (that's out of about 20 to 30 grouos with 5 other people in each group)

And that's out of a much smaller set of players than you'd get with simple Mm.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I find it amazing this is still going on after 4 years.

It's too bad guided games ended up being a bunch of nothing. Maybe I can understand the raid not having matchmaking... maybe. But Nightfalls? They're even easier than the ones in the first game now.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I always find it funny that Destiny is an MMO "Of course gear gets outdated. It's an MMO!" until it isn't "Group finder wouldn't work for this. It's not an MMO!". The game is a hybrid. It's an FPS in a (heavily instanced) MMO structure. Let's stop pretending that features from both genres wouldn't work here just because you primarily shoot guns.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just have raid (or nightfall) matchmaking, but it's only enabled only after you've beaten it? That would show that you at least sort of know what you're doing. It would also be easy to temporarily ban people from using the matchmaking if they quit a raid in the middle.

It is clearly a solvable problem that Bungie is philosophically opposed to addressing properly

Deleted member 11002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate it. It's annoying to have to go on LFG sites to find raid groups. The encounters aren't as hard as Bungie thinks they are. You just need six competent people and you can get it done.

I don't see how putting together a random group from LFG sites is any different than putting together a random group through matchmaking. And I've been saying since D1 came out, all they need to do is give people who want it the OPTION. Everyone else can completely avoid it if they like. Then everyone is happy.