• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this campaign but it's not as good as this one:

7336bbae1b9c20a0591df1f94b5f3a9f.jpg

So how long did that last? A few hours?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It has to be that Disney constructed a fake movie plot from a few moments of the real movie to drown out real spoilers, right?

The MCU isn't shy about misinformation. It can't be that the end of the Star Wars episodes is so overtly out in the open.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Burger King? Should have been McDonalds .... as Star Wars is the McDonalds of blockbuster movies!

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Any manner of cheap battery powered hand tools could rip through that casing in minutes. Or you just push it with a vehicle till it snaps since its not even attached to the ground properly.
Yeah no shit ramming it with your car is gonna break it. No security glass will protect against a drill or car. If you read up on this ad 3M has security guards stationed around it to make sure people didn't do that.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
There are some pretty good arguments that the leaks are all fake and part of an organized disinformation scheme. I think BK is just getting swept up in it.
Force Awakens was leaked months before the release,another jj production(Bad Robot),their ship is leaking lol.I think at this point the film has been seen by thousands of people(voice overs,subtitles in other languages etc) if something was drastically different from the leaks it would have leaked by now one way or another.Still,its not impossible,stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly baffled as to what's happening here.

Either Burger King went rogue and is just openly challenging Disney to sue them or Burger King and Disney set up the most elaborate movie hoax ever by leaking plot details to Reddit in order to make this commercial.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly baffled as to what's happening here.

Either Burger King went rogue and is just openly challenging Disney to sue them or Burger King and Disney set up the most elaborate movie hoax ever by leaking plot details to Reddit in order to make this commercial.

Whatever it is, I can't wait to find it out. The sheer insanity of both those options.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Lol I'm leaning towards reddit was right on this one. They were generally on point with the leaks for prior movies and with MCU/GOT leaks.

Too late in the game for it to not be true.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
That video was freaking hilarious.

Now I'm kinda hype to see this film after being lukewarm about it.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
It would be easy to sync a fake leak with promo materials if you're an insider. The arguments are based on the fact that details keep changing and a general disbelief on several key moments due to very poor story quality.

You said good arguments though? As far as I'm aware it's mainly smaller details that have changed and the main story beats are still basically the same as when JP originally posted them. I'm yet to see a compelling argument why these leaks are wrong.

I'd say we expected changes due to the reshoots we knew were going on.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen two leaks unintentionally and I would be shocked if they aren't fake. The two I've seen go against multiple ideas set up in the previous movies and read like fanfic written by people who hate the new movies. If they're real... woof, I'm gonna be disappointed