• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Electronic Arts will release a Burnout Paradise HD Remaster (title tentative) for PlayStation 4 in Japan on March 16 for 4,104 yen.

The game is a high-definiton remaster of the 2008-launched PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC open-world racer.

That said, while only a PlayStation 4 version seems to be planned for Japan (physically, at least), it will more than likely launch for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for the rest of the world.

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/burnout-paradise-hd-remaster-coming-ps4-march-16-japan

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't this rated for the NSW as well in Brazil? Anyway, of this kind of games aren't planned for the system, then IDK what support from EA Nintendo PR was referring to. I wonder if a PC version is also in the cards or EA considers the existing one is enough.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
meh make a new one already. good game but too old now.

actually....

its EA

nevermind dont bother.

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't this rated for the NSW as well in Brazil? Anyway, of this kind of games aren't planned for the system, then IDK what support from EA Nintendo PR was referring to. I wonder if a PC version is also in the cards or EA considers the existing one is enough.

Yeah it was in the Brazil rating that got axed quickly (but a number of folks verified it was there).

Hopefully it's announced for all systems including Switch in the west, possibly tomorrow.

Odd they'd exclude Switch in Japan and yet FIFA 18 is shockingly doing really well there (it's quickly catching up to the PS4 version, and may even surpass it).

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
Well this may be one of the stranger games to be announced for Japan only.
Looking forward to it's near guaranteed American release though. And here's hoping the dlc is included, and EA doesn't follow Activision Blizzard's example

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Incredible game. But why can't we get a new Burnout?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a Burnout since the PS2/GCN/Xbox days. Is Paradise the last Burnout game they did? I'd guess that's why they're remastering it now.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
HEY HEY YOU YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIENDDD

but I do fucking love Burnout. Fuck yeah.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Of all burnouts to remaster, they picked the one I'm least interested in.

Bah.

Azik

Oct 25, 2017
funny-pictures-auto-406804.jpeg

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not my favourite Burnout, but I'll take it.

Hopefully all of the dlc is included, and please keep those terrible billboard ads.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Cool. I wonder why JUST this game and not the other Burnout games if EA is doing HD remasters now?

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Who do you carry the torch for my young man?

Do you believe in anything?

Do you carry it around just to burn things down?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing it on Xbox BC recently, so I'm interested. Not sure if I'll bite, depends on the price and the improved AA/Draw Distance/etc.

This was the port that was leaked by ESRB or someone and planned for Switch/PS4/X1/PC right?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how we cannot let go of the term "HD remaster" despite all current platforms being HD capable, even when talking about a game like this that even in its original release was already HD lol.

toadfrawg

Oct 27, 2017
Super excited this is a thing. Loved the game back in 2008 and it'll be fun to revisit in 2018. Now I just need to recreate the same playlist I had back then.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
The part of me that's excited about Burnout not being officially dead is offset by the grim reality that we'll never see a 3 or Revenge remaster.

And the universe continued in its odd balance.

I'll pray that this game is easy to dissect, and a passionate modder figures out some way to recreate the linear Burnout games. Won't happen, but a boy can dream...

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
uh the source is a game release date wiki which has no reference to burnout paradise releasing on PS4 on the website at all. edit: website updated

The remaster might be happening, but I don't think this is the solid proof to confirm so and that title is horrible for a remaster

Last edited: