• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Wow, this looks pretty great. I don't back KS projects anymore but I'm looking forward to play this sometime in my early 30s, lol.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
This looks great! What are chances of adding a dive kick move, like in Shinobi 3?

The combat is heavily ground-based at the moment and the only air combat options are his spinning slash (which is really OP right now) and throwing shurikens. We definitely will be tweaking the combat (and most likely expanding it) if development continues and more in-air combat options could help keep things interesting, so something like that is definitely possible.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
new update, "Enemies of Bushiden"https://www.kickstarter.com/project...uristic-ninja-action-platformer/posts/2308867

ce9f55caa79e3cf8be608c3765a8c63e_original.gif

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Depends what the game is going for.

Strider rarely asks you to stop to attack regular enemies, but in Bushiden you have to from what I've seen since regular enemies require multiple (combo) hits.

Hopefully people don't go into the game expecting something brisk and non-stop like Strider or Ninja Gaiden, and then find out it's more like Ninja Warriors where you have to stop to attack enemies.

I mean, it's fine if that's what it is. But if people expect Strider/Shinobi, and then get Ninja Warriors or Metroid-style Castlevania, then yeah, I can see the complaints coming.

Garoad

Video Game Composer
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Hey everyone,

Composer for the game here. Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for all of the kind words and support, so far!

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Depends what the game is going for.

Strider rarely asks you to stop to attack regular enemies, but in Bushiden you have to from what I've seen since regular enemies require multiple (combo) hits.

Hopefully people don't go into the game expecting something brisk and non-stop like Strider or Ninja Gaiden, and then find out it's more like Ninja Warriors where you have to stop to attack enemies.

I mean, it's fine if that's what it is. But if people expect Strider/Shinobi, and then get Ninja Warriors or Metroid-style Castlevania, then yeah, I can see the complaints coming.

I don't disagree, but I think anyone who has watched the Kickstarter gameplay trailer should know what to expect. The Strider comparisons, which have been prominent since we first revealed the game, have always baffled me a bit. Yes, the jump is similar, but our official description of the game and gameplay footage have always made it clear that this has deeper combat than an arcade game like Strider.

Yoo that trailer looks good. very smooth.

Thanks! :)

Ragaar31

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks awesome. Hopefully with the Switch being supported now, it'll hit the goal quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in mind for stretch goals.

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't disagree, but I think anyone who has watched the Kickstarter gameplay trailer should know what to expect.

I truly hope that's the case, but you know how much the internet loves to expect one thing even though it was clear since the beginning it was not that thing :)

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Switch version is huge news. I don't really like backing KS projects anymore, but I'm going to have to consider making an exception here. I love everything about this game.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I truly hope that's the case, but you know how much the internet loves to expect one thing even though it was clear since the beginning it was not that thing :)

Yeah, well, that's out of our control... we'll always be upfront about what the game is and it will be clearly demonstrated in all media.

A Switch version is huge news. I don't really like backing KS projects anymore, but I'm going to have to consider making an exception here. I love everything about this game.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been a member of this community for a long, long time :)

it's on like donkey kong's schlong

Mega Man Zero , may want to ask a mod to update the title.

Thank you!

Thanks!!!

New backer here.

Much appreciated!

LOL! We love seeing reactions like that!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Is there international shipping for the physical copies? Normally, I'm able to choose my country and it would show the S&H cost but it doesn't give me the option here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Changed from PS4 to Switch physical -- continued good luck with this campaign! Game looks so good!

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
This looks cool. Backed this morning.

Hits the right amount of metroidvania for me. I've come to realise I like metroidvania elements but don't like full blown metroidvanias. Why I think Metroid Fusion is my favourite - more directed

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Another Metroidvania on Switch?

*sigh*

/opens wallet

This looks cool. Backed this morning.

Hits the right amount of metroidvania for me. I've come to realise I like metroidvania elements but don't like full blown metroidvanias. Why I think Metroid Fusion is my favourite - more directed

Love it...backed the hell out of it.

Thanks everyone! It means a lot to us! :)

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Use the power of animated gifs. Lots of people won't watch a trailer, but they'll watch a few seconds worth of an animated gif.

The OP doesn't have a single gif.

In my case, a thread with gifs showing off the game sells me more on the game than any trailer.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks dope af. That art style is too sexy.Once I saw it was coming to Switch I had to join in and back it.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Thanks! Much appreciated!

So... we'll be revealing stretch goals very soon... wondering if there's anything all of you would like to see...?

I think it would be beneficial if you showed some of the Bosses in the game, like MegaMan games do mostly.
However that should had more impact if it was from the start of the Kickstarter.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I think it would be beneficial if you showed some of the Bosses in the game, like MegaMan games do mostly.
However that should had more impact if it was from the start of the Kickstarter.

We haven't started on the bosses yet. That's explained in the "Development" section of the Kickstarter. We really pushed to have something to show along those lines, but other things ended up taking priority. But I was really asking if there's anything any of you would like to see in stretch goals... we have a list, but just trying to get a feel for what people want to see!

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't started on the bosses yet. That's explained in the "Development" section of the Kickstarter. We really pushed to have something to show along those lines, but other things ended up taking priority. But I was really asking if there's anything any of you would like to see in stretch goals... we have a list, but just trying to get a feel for what people want to see!

full Ninja costume
long red scarf
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Super Saiyan hair
lightsaber
Naruto costume

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Let's see....... Crossover Cameos from other Cyberpunk games!
Not necessary as playable characters, just he here in some sections in the game and maybe can talk with the character to throw a backstory for their existant on the game.
For example the Samurai from Katana Zero would be perfect.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I think I found some interesting question but noone address it so far so i will bring it here.

What happened IF the game happened to delay and somehow Playstation 5 is released by that time. are we stuck in PS4 version (of both physical/digital) or there are option afterward.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I think I found some interesting question but noone address it so far so i will bring it here.

What happened IF the game happened to delay and somehow Playstation 5 is released by that time. are we stuck in PS4 version (of both physical/digital) or there are option afterward.

Someone else asked this in a different thread here on ResetEra. Reposting my same response:

We are aware of the possibility of new consoles around the time of launch. We'd do everything in our power to make sure the game is playable on both PS4 AND PS5 and give backers the choice as to which version they want. Unless PS5 is backwards compatible, then there is no issue whatsoever ;)