• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
less than 10k

EoXwXZm.png

almost there

Yep! :)

Just stumbled across this thread. Watched 30 seconds of that kickstarter video and instantly backed it for a physical Switch version. Good luck on hitting that goal!

Awesome to hear! We appreciate the support!

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Formally in at the enemy design tier ---- less than $8K in three days......this can be done!!!

Just wait til you face the MFer(s) I have in mind to design.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Just doubled my pledge. Let's back this thing!

Formally in at the enemy design tier ---- less than $8K in three days......this can be done!!!

Just wait til you face the MFer(s) I have in mind to design.

Wow! Thank you! It's much appreciated! :)

New update... quick look at in-game cinematics mock-up! We REALLY want to be able to include these, so let's hit these stretch goals!

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Less than $5K to go... seriously, what can we do to help spread the word? Wish a major outlet would pick this up.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Tweeted to Gematsu, Polygon, and Siliconera asking if they will cover Bushiden. Its a great game, and great eye candy for a story. Gematsu just covered Hazelnut Bastille so it seems like its in line with the stuff they've put up recently. Here's hoping someone picks up this story.

Basically I posted this to each.

Will you cover Bushiden ? Its got 2 days to go on kickstarter, is less than $5k away, and is a major Metroidvania, meets Strider, with Megaman level selecting option game with some of the most gorgeous pixel art ever.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pixelarcstudios/bushiden-a-futuristic-ninja-action-platformer

Feel free to retweet this to any other news site, youtube channel, streamer, blogger, social media account that talks gaming, or whatever. Spread the word. At this point its visibility thats needed. Push this news folks. If any media outlet online picks up the story in the next day it'd probably push it right over the top and have it funded.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Just unde $7k left to go and only 3 days left. GO! GO! GO!
Share and retweet this one folks. Its so close!
EDIT: Upped my pledge.

HNNG. That soundtrack so good.
https://soundcloud.com/garoadmusic/sets/bushiden-ost-kickstarter

Thanks!

Upped my pledge. Losing it all would be terrible.
Come on people!!!!

We appreciate it!

Less than $5K to go... seriously, what can we do to help spread the word? Wish a major outlet would pick this up.

We've tried... have contacted all the outlets several times...

Tweeted to Gematsu, Polygon, and Siliconera asking if they will cover Bushiden. Its a great game, and great eye candy for a story. Gematsu just covered Hazelnut Bastille so it seems like its in line with the stuff they've put up recently. Here's hoping someone picks up this story.

Basically I posted this to each.

Will you cover Bushiden ? Its got 2 days to go on kickstarter, is less than $5k away, and is a major Metroidvania, meets Strider, with Megaman level selecting option game with some of the most gorgeous pixel art ever.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pixelarcstudios/bushiden-a-futuristic-ninja-action-platformer

Feel free to retweet this to any other news site, youtube channel, streamer, blogger, social media account that talks gaming, or whatever. Spread the word. At this point its visibility thats needed. Push this news folks. If any media outlet online picks up the story in the next day it'd probably push it right over the top and have it funded.

Gematsu actually did an article on the Kickstarter in the very beginning! Very cool of them and it resulted in good amount of traffic to the campaign! :)

I pledged, best of luck. Back to my ninja meditation on this game being funded.

Thanks for the support!

sainrub

Dec 14, 2017
You cant keep good ninja's down. Congrats Pixel Arc and thank you very much to all the backers!

Captain Goodnight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations!!!

2 more days to push through some stretch goals --- really hope we at least get the first one.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
YES! THEY MADE IT! CONGRATS EVERYONE!

God confirmed for real

CONGRATS! :D :D Best news of the day. :)

You cant keep good ninja's down. Congrats Pixel Arc and thank you very much to all the backers!

Congratulations!!!

2 more days to push through some stretch goals --- really hope we at least get the first one.

Thanks everyone! Let's get those Stretch Goals!!!

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Will the Physical PS4 be available later through LRG or similar, or will it be exclusive to the kickstarter?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like something I would buy, don't know how I missed this before.

Oct 26, 2017
Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the creation of this thread.

With that out of the way... it's awesome to have a thread here on ResetEra about our game! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask here or even PM me. Lastly, we are glad to hear people are so impressed with the game! :)

My question really is, why no Xbox One version? Is it planned for the future or not at all?

Edit

Nevermind, I just read it on page 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on getting funded. I bet the last few weeks have been pretty stressful. Hopefully the development goes as smoothly as possible.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yess! I was afraid this was going to fail. Good to see it didn't.

I posted about the game on a couple of aggregate sites the other day , hopefully that helped a bit too.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you have thought about letting backers pick add-ons on Backerkit or somewhere similar after the campaign is over. I can't raise my pledge right now but would do so by next month or so.

Captain Goodnight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 grand away from NG+ and expanded cinematics stretch goal with 28 hours left.......this can be done!!!

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Thanks to all of you who have backed! It's super awesome to have hit our goal! The team is so ready to dig back into development and finish the game! Exciting stuff!!!

Congrats on getting funded. I bet the last few weeks have been pretty stressful. Hopefully the development goes as smoothly as possible.

Yes! LOL

The Kickstarter has been far more stressful than the last 12 months of development! Things should go relatively smooth as we work to finish the game!

Hope you have thought about letting backers pick add-ons on Backerkit or somewhere similar after the campaign is over. I can't raise my pledge right now but would do so by next month or so.

We are still deciding if/how that will be handled.

3 grand away from NG+ and expanded cinematics stretch goal with 28 hours left.......this can be done!!!

Yes! Let's get those stretch goals!!!

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mikehaggar, your amazingly edited trailer paid off. Congrats to you and your team. Game looks really great.

As I said early on in this thread, devs heading to KS really should check out the trailer for this game. It's the perfect example of how to nail a pitch video for a video game on a crowdfunding site.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
mikehaggar, your amazingly edited trailer paid off. Congrats to you and your team. Game looks really great.

As I said early on in this thread, devs heading to KS really should check out the trailer for this game. It's the perfect example of how to nail a pitch video for a video game on a crowdfunding site.

Thanks! :)

Final 24 hours is here!

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Join us in our Discord to celebrate end of campaign! And thanks to all of you here who supported! This community has been my home base on the internet for YEARS, so it really means a lot to me. And it's AWESOME to have a thread here dedicated to a game I'm making!

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Just donated for the physical switch. I never buy physical but this game is destined to become special. Hope it surpasses the next goal so we can get a secondary character to play as.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just finished The Messenger and so I'm totally in the mood to back some more ninja platforming action. Backed for Switch.

PS: Everyone should play The Messenger

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Join us in our Discord to celebrate end of campaign! And thanks to all of you here who supported! This community has been my home base on the internet for YEARS, so it really means a lot to me. And it's AWESOME to have a thread here dedicated to a game I'm making!]

Congrats!
So you will never introduce the second playable character at this point?

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Huh, just saw this thread and that game looks pretty rad. Checked the kickstarter page and less than an hour to go. Pledged for the PS4 digital version.

mikehaggar

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
This looks so goooooood!!! Shoot, I just only heard about this now. Gonna donate.

Just donated for the physical switch. I never buy physical but this game is destined to become special. Hope it surpasses the next goal so we can get a secondary character to play as.

I just finished The Messenger and so I'm totally in the mood to back some more ninja platforming action. Backed for Switch.

PS: Everyone should play The Messenger

Finally offered my sum to the physical switch version.

Congrats!
So you will never introduce the second playable character at this point?

Huh, just saw this thread and that game looks pretty rad. Checked the kickstarter page and less than an hour to go. Pledged for the PS4 digital version.

Thanks, everyone! As far the second playable character goes... we'll see. The team wants to do it badly... just a matter of time and money. It's a lot of work. Our existing playable character has a TON of animations (and more to come)... Seana would require the same.

Touha

Oct 27, 2017
SO excited for this game! Congratulations!

Thrilled about the stretch goal reached---I am personally much more interested in a New Game+, cool cinematics and a single lead character with tons of animations/actions than a second playable character to be honest.

Are you guys still thinking not until 2020 for release?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Ah I missed the deadline,but since mikehaggar told me there would be a standard release, I'll go for that instead.

Just please make sure to inform the non-backers about the upcoming (physical) release when you do have details.

Very excited you made the goal AND the first stretch... congrats.