• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
you think if that camera was valued at $100 but the glitch showed the "regular" price as $1000 (instead of the normal $100), they'd sell a ton of those cameras to people who didn't know any better?

Did you miss the Target fiasco last year?

Everyone got 7 15% off coupons that stacked and they applied to everything.

i got $1900 worth of patio furniture and electronics for $800 that day. that was cool.

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got the a6000, but didn't realize it was all other cameras. Pretty much moved on after making that order to trying to find other deals. My cameras says like August to September so not sure if I will get it. They cancelled the keyboard price mistake.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Best I've ever gotten is a black Friday TV a few hours before the fools who had to wait in line.

I always miss the good stuff.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't have an amazon account but I do have alerts set up for price mistakes and have been able to snag stuff in the past. Most of the time it doesn't ship but every once in a while you get lucky, I imagine moreso with amazon because they ship things so quick.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Great news for Amazon, this story is all over the place. Much cheaper than an advertising campaign.
Come the next sale people will be buying prime and scouring for these deals.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Great news for Amazon, this story is all over the place. Much cheaper than an advertising campaign.
Come the next sale people will be buying prime and scouring for these deals.

With all this advertising, they better be putting this up again come black friday lol. I'm definitely not coming in the warehouse that day. Neither am I on cyber Monday.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I don't have an amazon account but I do have alerts set up for price mistakes and have been able to snag stuff in the past. Most of the time it doesn't ship but every once in a while you get lucky, I imagine moreso with amazon because they ship things so quick.
What do you use to get the alerts?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
People forget that in the early to mid 00s Dell used to have price mistakes like this almost on a nightly basis. That is how slickdeals got its start.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I just saw that there was some incredible Sony lenses up for grabs. Goddamn. Congrats to those who copped!

Hinkypunk

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Did anyone here who got the deal actually have their order shipped/received?

I'm curious if Amazon ever tries to pull the "sorry we cannot honor an error" card like most retailers caught with a price error.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017

I'm curious if Amazon ever tries to pull the "sorry we cannot honor an error" card like most retailers caught with a price error.

I think most people actually did. Only heard of a handful of cancellations. Usually amazon catches these and cancels pretty quick but not this time. I got all my stuff in by Friday.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017

All but 3 of my orders have shipped. And they are still active orders that are pending to ship later this month/early August.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Days later and I'm still really upset about this. I've wanted some new equipment for years but could never afford it.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Days later and I'm still really upset about this. I've wanted some new equipment for years but could never afford it.

I'm right there with you. Literally every morning while it's probably childish, in my head I'm just screaming knowing how much I've missed. I've wanted new lens for a long time and there goes the opportunity of a fucking lifetime and I missed it. I fucking hate myself man.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but just giving a heads up that my Sony a6000 just shipped! Wish I had known other cameras worked but I'll take this. I bought this blindly so does anyone know how this compared to my aging Canon T1i? Better? Worse? Side-grade?

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I once ordered a, laptop that should've been over 1500€ for like 490. 2 days later, they send me an email about a pricing mistake and cancel my order.
Why wouldn't this happen here?

Edit:
Hello,

The price for `ASUS ROG Strix GL704GM-EV001T Scar II 17.3 Inch 144Hz 3ms Gaming Laptop (Black) (Intel i7-8750H Processor, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB PCI-e SSD + 1 TB FireCuda SSHD, Nvidia GTX1060 6 GB Graphics, Windows 10)' (ASIN: B07HH5Q1FK) was displayed incorrectly when you placed your order 204-369631-547106.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Conditions of Use and Sale (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=1040616), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

Your order has now been cancelled. If you still want to purchase this item, please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Last edited:

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
See above, they totally did that to me once.
Edit: Not only did I mess up editing, I also assisted in necromancy. What about the others? Do you all get your cheap products while Bezos cancels my orders?

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Sorry for the bump, but just giving a heads up that my Sony a6000 just shipped! Wish I had known other cameras worked but I'll take this. I bought this blindly so does anyone know how this compared to my aging Canon T1i? Better? Worse? Side-grade?
Awesome. Hopefully mine ships soon. Still says the 20th

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You also missed the a7 series, a7r to a7riii, a9 and all the high end lenses for 100 lol.

Don't worry I missed out too. Shit suuucks.
pezgM.gif

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My A7III order just shipped out after over 6 weeks, seems to have happened for many of the remaining orders. Honestly can't believe they honored it so far out from the order date, felt like at most they would honor it for a week or two while Prime Day was in the news then cancel the remaining.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
My A7III order just shipped out after over 6 weeks, seems to have happened for many of the remaining orders. Honestly can't believe they honored it so far out from the order date, felt like at most they would honor it for a week or two while Prime Day was in the news then cancel the remaining.
Congrats! Yeah weirdest glitch I've ever seen because they didn't cancel the large majority of orders.

Nov 18, 2017
my camera has now switched from not yet shipped to showing up by September 10th. This is going to be great for my upcoming Europe trip

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Omg they shipped my Sony camera. Just in time for my friends birthday.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
its awesome they are still shipping these! lol

I sold all of my haul, except for the $1600 50-140mm f2.8 fuji telephoto. too good to let go of. id never buy an ultra-expensive lens like this otherwise.

20190925_165710.jpg