• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BaasRed

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UAE
I've been enjoying some Duel links recently and remarked to myself how cluttered and slow the UI is.
For example:

Notice the amount of banners and clutter on so many screens.

Mobius Final Fantasy also had a similar problem in its many menus.

Note: both of these games also let you earn some rewards but you have to claim them before a certain date. What is the purpose of this mechanic? Does it waste time for no reason?

As a counterexample, I played some Hearthstone and the UI was much cleaner and simpler! Is there any advantage to a complex/cluttered UI on a platform with a small screen?

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
You have to understand that these apps aren't games, they are stores. They want you to come back often, which is why these time limited rewards exist. They also have labyrinthine menus with lots of entries to the pay menus so you "accidentally" see their best value offer on whatever shit premium currency they are pushing. Just like supermarkets put the stuff you actually need often in the back of the store.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
It's my biggest barrier to enjoyement with mobile games, usually of the Japanese variety. I just can't be bothered to deal with the obtuse, crowded, redundant menus and systems.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of busy UI, Xenoblade Chronicles is like, the worst offender of this imo
541056-analisis-xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg

OP
OP
BaasRed

BaasRed

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UAE
It's my biggest barrier to enjoyement with mobile games, usually of the Japanese variety. I just can't be bothered to deal with the obtuse, crowded, redundant menus and systems.

Yeah I grow to enjoy the games but the menus slowly make it worse and worse until I can't be bothered anymore.