• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the system being sold at a discount, but there might be deals for free accessories or discounted games or something. At the same time though, it's surely going to be more difficult to get a hold of a Switch around Black Friday. I'd probably just go ahead and get one personally, I don't think any potential deals will be worth the trouble or risk of missing one.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I would buy it now if you find one. There will likely be no discount on the console. Plus it will be harder to get a Switch during the peak of Black Friday compared to now.

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so far the discounts on everything else are underwhelming. dont expect much of a discount on switch.

Ferrasvansen

Oct 25, 2017
Azeroth(Scotland)
I think you should get one now, save any hassle and disappointment later. It's well worth an extra few dollars just to make sure you get one, after playing Mario Odyssey today I've realised the last minute decision to preorder one earlier this year was best gaming decision I had made in years.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Wait to see what kind of deals there are to be had. The games will be the same at the end of next month as they are today. Also, I'm willing to bet there is a backlog that needs your attention.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Black Friday sales will be leaking soon, so it's not like you have to actually wait until BF to be sure. And if there's no discounts from the leaks, then buy it, you'll still avoid the BF rush.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
If you don't buy it now, you probably won't get one come BF. Not that it's hard to find now, just it's on a lot of people's list.

Just get it now if you can.. Mario is a blast!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about waiting, but Nintendo broke me. I picked up a Switch and Odyssey today and I'm hoping for a sale on other games around BF.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
My Switch sat literally untouched after about 3 weeks post Zelda until recently.

With Golf Story, Stardew Valley, and discounted Shovel Knight(til 10/31), I am playing this thing every chance I get. Mario will be bought soon and the Switch has fast become one of my more used devices. I would highly recommend getting one of these as soon as you are able to. Fantastic device now that more games are starting to roll on to it.

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The answer is you should have got one a month ago in anticipation for Mario! (That's what I did :) Also Amazon vouchers helped and I got the console for only ÂŁ236!)

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I kept my eye out for sales for a while before I finally caved in and found a good deal on a used one on Craigslist. These damned things never go on sale...

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Switch is likely going to be the hottest item this holiday and I wouldn't expect much in terms of discounts, so yeah I'd buy it now as well if I was in OP's position.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way the switch will be cheaper on back Friday, when it is sold out in a lot of places. Best case scenario they will bundle a game and give some discount on that game, but that is it. Just buy it now

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I would just buy now if i had the cash. You don't want to risk the holiday rush making it so you have to wait until January or later to get your hands on one for MSRP.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Demand for the Switch is still massive, just get it. You might see some bundle type deals, but overall if you're a thrifty shopper you're already getting deals on games, so it likely won't be much different.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right now, early on. Just get it now, there is no benefit in waiting for a Black Friday sale for a Nintendo Console, especially since it's the year it came out. However you may be lucky to find some game sales, but it will probably be third party stuff.

ribm

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be November next week, might as well wait.
Although I doubt retailers are eager to cut the price on BF a system that's still not that easy to keep in stock.

Deleted member 11663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the chances high that in the future a super smash bros. version of the switch console will release?
(English is not my native language, so be not too hard to me. :D

Last edited:

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure waiting will be worth it. Don't see them discounting it at all. Maybe there'll be free game or giftcard deals? That's the most I could see happening. Besides, stock is probably gonna get bad closer to the holidays. Stock is already constrained enough.

wotta

Oct 27, 2017
I'd go for it, great system and If anything it's only going to sell out. Can't see discounts happening.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Most Black Friday deals get posted well ahead of time. If there are no switch discounts listed then I'll just go ahead and get one before they sell out.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Agree with some others, you won't find a switch come black Friday.
Buying it now won't cost you any more, but will save you some time and stress later.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I personally had to postpone my purchase of the Switch until late January because of the holidays coming and taking care of family and friends. I might have to touch some of my savings because the wait is killing me.

You though? Enjoy your Switch.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt the Switch will see any sort of price drop, or even a bundle discount. Demand is still outpacing supply and it's less than a year old. I would just buy one now if you want one.

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt the Switch will see any sort of price drop, or even a bundle discount. Demand is still outpacing supply and it's less than a year old. I would just buy one now if you want one.

If anything there's just gonna be a bundle but do you really wanna go fight the BF insanity for that?

You fool. There won't be any switches available on black Friday.

Guys, looks like OP got a Switch.

Enjoy Mario Odyssey!