• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see you being able to find any crazy deals on the switch this holiday. Just buy it now IF you're interested in the library, what an awesome little system that revived my love for gaming.

JoeG

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There will be no sales. Demand could be so high you don't get one on BF. Get it!

TheWickedSoul

Oct 26, 2017
Buy it now, who knows if it will still be readily available when Black Friday rolls around and i heard Mario is a pretty good game.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Just buy it now. You're not going to save on black friday for a Switch. Maybe some sweet buy 2 get 1 free game deals and maybe some accessories but definitely not on the Switch itself.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my suggestion. Wait until Nov. 1st. That's when a lot of holiday return policies go into effect and buy then. Have fun with it, play with it, but if for any reason a deal happens between now and Christmas, you can then replace it with the one that goes on sale. Most likely there won't be a direct sale on the Switch, but it's quite possible someone like Target could have a store wide discount which might work on it. Last holiday season, they did 15% off store wide and you got another 5% off with the Red Card. People bought the PS4 Pro which just launched for almost 20% off because of that. So while it's unlikely to happen, it's possible something like that might come up. So buy with a holiday return policy to protect yourself and enjoy playing stuff now rather than later.

belteshazzar

Oct 27, 2017
Like most people have said, I really doubt there will be any deals for the Switch on black friday. If anything, it will be harder to get during this time because of shortages. Get it now

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
you guys think there will be a lucrative 1 2 Switch bundle for BF?

seriously, no use in waiting. the most you're gonna get is a dinky store credit gift card from somewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
No reason to wait, now is the time to get it when the games are here. It made sense back in March, but now that excuse is out the window.

Lugnutal

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
But it now if you find one. The past couple of times I've been to Walmart or GameStop in the small town where I live they have both had a couple of the consoles. But I think when the holidays really take off, they will be hard to find.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn Wii U almost never got a price cut (checked every BF until I said f-it last year and got one last summer used for $200), Do you honestly believe Switch will get one, specially since its better, popular and a hot seller when compared to its predecessor.
I'd get that ASAP since everybody does Christmas shopping during BF, i'll be shocked is there any stock left by December.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Even if there is a Black Friday sale, which there won't be, you're less than 30 days out. You could go back and price match.

AV_Fanz

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
there's very little chance it will be much of a discount. Get it while you can as I've already have non-gamer friends hunting for it.

Evon

Oct 25, 2017
Austria
Switch Mario bundle: €350
Pro Controller: €65
Zelda: €48
Mario+Rabbids: €44
Total: ~€510

Does anyone think this will become meaningfully cheaper in the next six months? I kind of want to play these games but I can't quite get myself to spend so much money when I have more than enough games I could play on Steam. Also, I would prefer going all digital but digital game prices on consoles are a joke coming from PC.

Marjorine

Oct 27, 2017
Your discount will be in the form of bundles/gift cards.
You punishment for this discount will be crowds of shoppers or constantly hitting F5 while you could be enjoying time with friends and family.

If you have the means, and I am going to assume someone who has the disposable income to invest in games for a system they do not own has the means, buy it now. No reason to live with a game you cannot play. That would drive me nuts.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buy it now, not sure it will be on sale for Black Friday. Maybe a bundle? But even so this system had one of the best year ones of any console. Worth every penny!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for all the replies. I think I'm going to get one either tonight or this weekend. I can't imagine any meaningful discount happening for such a recently released console
The thread is already over people :P.

This is the correct decision if you're thinking about buying a Switch though. There will be no Black Friday price drop. At most you might see a bundle with Zelda or something, but good luck actually getting that deal, lol.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
A Target just opened in my neighborhood, snd they gave me a coupon for 10% off an entire purchase. I may use that to buy a switch. I checked the exclusion list, and consoles and videogames arent on it, so i should be good.

But its nt effective until 2 weeks from now.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how much you want it. If you definitely want to pick one up soon-ish or in time for Christmas, it's probably best to to buy it right now. Who knows how hard the console will be to come by come Black Friday. If you don't really care about maybe having to wait until next year, then eh, why not wait and see if there'll be some decent Black Friday deals. I'd assume the deals will be bad enough to not be worth the effort, though.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
The thread is already over people :P.

This is the correct decision if you're thinking about buying a Switch though. There will be no Black Friday price drop. At most you might see a bundle with Zelda or something, but good luck actually getting that deal, lol.
As I mentioned earlier, Target had up to 20% off store wide last holiday season and people bought PS4 Pros right after they launched with that discount. So while chances are slim, it still is possible to get a pure discount on the console itself. So I think waiting until Nov. 1st is the best choice instead of buying it today or this weekend.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I would say now. I am not sure how the stock is with the Switch at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in demand this holiday. You can chance it and get it a little cheaper during Black Friday if they do some sale for it, but that could be a risk as there may not be a sale for it, and it also may be in demand.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
As I mentioned earlier, Target had up to 20% off store wide last holiday season and people bought PS4 Pros right after they launched with that discount. So while chances are slim, it still is possible to get a pure discount on the console itself. So I think waiting until Nov. 1st is the best choice instead of buying it today or this weekend.
Fair point. But, you are forgetting to factor in the opportunity cost of spending five more days not playing Mario while you wait. I ask you, is that not worth a possible savings of $60? :P

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Fair point. But, you are forgetting to factor in the opportunity cost of spending five more days not playing Mario while you wait. I ask you, is that not worth a possible savings of $60? :P

Well that'll depend on the person. One could point out they've waited this long and would consider waiting longer, so yes? =) Me personally, I'm going home now to go play it =)

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm the kind of guy that hates to waste money,so i'd say wait, you never know if it gets a discount somewhere during black friday

Oct 27, 2017
The Ether
If there is a sale it will be very slight. So you will be waiting and then battling crowds/checking websites for maybe $10. Your call as to whether that's worth it.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get one now before the holiday rush. You'll be kicking yourself otherwise.

HighJump

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I don't expect any significant price cuts or bundles(meaning games throw in for free) for at least another two, probably three years. I'm buying mine now with a copy of SMO.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
the quote that Ultra Sun/Moon was the last 3DS pokemon basically convinced me to wait for that inevitable Pokemon Switch Bundle

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, if you don't mind buying used. With people having played through Mario and Zelda the secondary market should provide some deals.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine you won't see many deals with how popular and how relatively scarce its been.

I would think it'll be a pretty hot ticket item for the holidays. The closer you get to them, especially Black Friday, I would guess the harder it'll be to get.

So the sooner the better seems like the safe bet if you are ready to jump on board.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buy it now if you can. Black friday and holiday in general everyone's going to be trying to get one and you don't have to worry about bundles because Nintendo doesn't know how to do proper bundles (they charge for whatever game is packed in).

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
You might get a small gift or something if you wait but other than that, I don't see any major discounts or decent bundles. If all the retailers expect to sell out, they have no reason to compete with each other and offer deals.

Kid Night

Oct 27, 2017
It's both the first year of Switch, and it's Nintendo. 9/10 chance there will be no discounts barring some crazy bundle full of bonus stuff you don't want.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I would definitely get one now if you are able. I can't see the BF deals being that great on the Switch. Amazon has had it in stock pretty consistently the last few weeks the grey ones at least. I'm sure the neon consoles have been harder to find.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
If you wait until Black Friday, you're not going to find a switch. Plus the way it's selling, no way anyone is going to have crazy bundles for it.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
I'd just dive right on in. Would be pretty surprised if there were really any deals to be had anyways for the system this holiday season. So, as others have said, no need to torture yourself if you wanna play the games and have the funds to do so.