• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a game out there that you are searching for, especially in the form of a trade? Or did you finally get a game like that after a long pursuit? If you eventually found that game, how did it compare to the pursuit?

Here's why I'm asking: I'm writing an article about it for Unwinnable and would like to include other people's stories alongside my own. For ages, I was after a trade for Kirby Air Ride. I could have purchased a copy from some ebay seller fairly easily, but for some reason, I really wanted to get it by trading. That was probably wrapped up in my nostalgia for the N64 version of the game that never released, coupled with how I missed out on the Gamecube. A few years ago, however, I found myself with a Wii that would play GCN games and went looking for a copy. It took me ages to finally get a trade going for it. At this point, I probably enjoyed the pursuit even more than I do the actual game.

If you've got a story like that, drop it here and let me know if it's cool for me to reference it!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
These three titles come to mind: White Day (2001 PC), Deep Fear (Saturn) , and Serial Experiments Lain (PS1). I will never find any of these in Canada unfortunately.

My most memorable experience acquiring such a title would be Snatcher. I didn't find it at a thrift store or anything like that. I spent a while searching for the best price at a variety of places. Waited for a good deal to come up and jumped on it. I guess I've done this a number of times for different titles, but Snatcher was something that I never thought I was going to buy, and it was something I had desperately wanted to play for years. I ended up loving the game, I think I can say it even exceeded my expectations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Optional Objectives
Oct 27, 2017
These three titles come to mind: White Day (PC), Deep Fear, and Serial Experiments Lain (PS1). I will never find any of these in Canada unfortunately.

My most memorable experience acquiring such a title would be Snatcher. I didn't find it at a thrift store or anything like that. I spent a while searching for the best price at a variety of places. Waited for a good deal to come up and jumped on it. I guess I've done this a number of times for different titles, but Snatcher was something that I never thought I was going to buy, and it was something I had desperately wanted to play for years. I ended up loving the game, I think I can say it even exceeded my expectations.

That's totally what I'm talking about - just waiting around online for the right deal for the right game. Before you found it, would you have put Snatcher up with the other games on your list (like White Day, Deep Fear, and Lain?)