• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually absent when the WTS requirement came around, and I would have been against that as I personally feel that it should be up to the sellers and buyers if they want to have prices. I think it's stupid to not have prices on WTS or WTB posts and I won't give you the time of day if you don't, but it should still be your choice. (this isn't important aside to set up my thoughts on this subject. I am not trying to ask for a repeal of the rule)

that being said I voted yes for the requirement on WTB posts, as if one side has the requirement both sides should have the requirement. It seems silly to me to force sellers to require prices, but not to force buyers to require prices.

I understand if I am a buyer when I see something selling I want it to have a price... but it works both ways. When I am a seller I want to see the buyer has some sort of understanding of what the current going rate for an item is. I don't want to waste time and energy to message someone to see if they have any idea what they should be paying for something. I also don't always have an idea of what price I want to sell something at. So often I see the WTB posts and think... yeah I can sell for that, and just sell it lol.

Just my thoughts, buyers and sellers should get equal treatment. If you are going to force one side to do something you should force both sides to do something.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I voted no for Wtb prices. The seller will offer it for what it's worth to them. I don't think the price should be offered over pm either. If someone says "Oh you can have it for $10" and they're not happy with it then someone else may be interested and offer to purchase it for said price.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
WTB 50 yes votes for the current poll pm me

uYHokRe.png

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But they're not posting a WTS. They're responding to a WTB.

Wrong or right, in my head that does make it a WTS at that point. Someone is wanting to sell me something. They are the one determining the value. I can say yes or no.

If it doesn't register the same way to you, I can understand. Just the way I feel.

WTB 50 yes votes for the current poll pm me

Shit why is there no price.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I voted no for Wtb prices. The seller will offer it for what it's worth to them. I don't think the price should be offered over pm either. If someone says "Oh you can have it for $10" and they're not happy with it then someone else may be interested and offer to purchase it for said price.
As a seller I am just going to ignore you if you don't have a price in your WTB.
Of my apparently 94 feedback, at least 50% of that was done answering WTB posts, and 0% of those were WTB posts without a listed price.

I mean one could argue I am missing out because I am too lazy to start a conversation, but I prefer to look at it as the buyers missing out because they are too lazy to figure out what price they want to pay.

I mean logically the rule for prices on sells were because buyers didn't want to have those conversations and because they felt like sellers were being lazy, so why not require buyers not be lazy as well :P

as for your second thought, not handling offers over PM just sounds like a way to really clutter up the thread.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
So my only question is how this would impact WTB requests that are just general, and cover a variety of categories, but not specific listings.

It's easier to demand a price for WTS because you're not just going to list what you have to sell in one category, and people will have to guess what they want to buy.

People can have a WTB for categories of things in general, so for example, WTB: Vita Games, WTB: Complete Manga Sets, WTB: All Gift Cards, WTB: Graphics Card, WTB: Switch games

I'm just curious how'd we handle these cases then.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
How would putting prices on WTB requests, like mine, work when the value of certain items are unknown? I don't wanna lowball my requests and say willing to buy for $15-20, and risk turn off potential sellers, when they could be worth more. The final fantasy Hori memory cards are only 20-25 but theres so many on ebay, and NONE of the .hack.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
How would putting prices on WTB requests, like mine, work when the value of certain items are unknown? I don't wanna lowball my requests and say willing to buy for $15-20, and risk turn off potential sellers, when they could be worth more. The final fantasy Hori memory cards are only 20-25 but theres so many on ebay, and NONE of the .hack.
I mean how is that any different than requiring sellers with such items to come up with a price? The only difference is who the burden of setting the starting price is on.
Logically if you price it to low you could still have a seller contact you to say that and try to work out something.
Just like if you as a seller listed a price to high a buyer could still contact you to see if you would go lower.

So my only question is how this would impact WTB requests that are just general, and cover a variety of categories, but not specific listings.

It's easier to demand a price for WTS because you're not just going to list what you have to sell in one category, and people will have to guess what they want to buy.

People can have a WTB for categories of things in general, so for example, WTB: Vita Games, WTB: Complete Manga Sets, WTB: All Gift Cards, WTB: Graphics Card, WTB: Switch games

This one is a good point, but easily handled by if you just require the WTB pricing for specific items.

Last edited:

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

This is the main reason I haven't weighed in on the poll yet.

WTS is a fairly specific case because you are always selling a specific thing. WTB is usually a specific thing, but not always a specific thing.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
This one is a good point, but easily handled by if you just require the WTB for specific items.
But if my WTB is all Vita games I don't own, that list would be incredibly long (hundreds), not to mention, very tedious to form.

And this also may detract people from actually wanting to read the list.

I think all of my WTB specific transactions have come from users pm'ing me to ask, and we would go back and forth, and eventually figure it out through that way. None of it required listing though, as I'm fairly open to just about any game, and sometimes duplicates if the price is right, so I just take what they have to offer.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
But if my WTB is all Vita games I don't own, that list would be incredibly long (hundreds), not to mention, very tedious to form.

And this also may detract people from actually wanting to read the list.

I think all of my WTB specific transactions have come from users pm'ing me to ask, and we would go back and forth, and eventually figure it out through that way. None of it required listing though, as I'm fairly open to just about any game, and sometimes duplicates if the price is right, so I just take what they have to offer.
I don't think I was clear enough (as I missed a word sorry :P)
I wasn't saying require people to not have broad things, but only to require the pricing on specific items.
something like want to buy vita games but not having a price listed would be fine in that case.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I was clear enough (as I missed a word :P)
I wasn't saying require people to not have broad things, but only to require the pricing on specific items.
something like want to buy vita games but not having a price listed would be fine in that case.
Ah, yeah, that one word did throw things off, lol.

In this case, I'd be all for it then. ^___^

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I was also against setting a price for WTS, but now that we're here I'll be voting for setting a price for WTB. The reasoning is almost exactly the same. It doesn't really make sense that the burden should be on the seller. This isn't eBay. Buyers and sellers share responsibility in their transactions. Voting otherwise seems logically inconsistent and just for convenience.

dylie

Oct 25, 2017
While others are claiming Buyers and Sellers are one in the same, I've always put Buyers and Sellers in different categories for one reason. As a Seller, I do think it is understandable to have a price for what you are selling. As a Buyer, I don't feel like the need is there. If I am wanting to buy a Nintendo DS game like Chrono Trigger, then I will need to include that I am willing to pay $30 for a complete version and $15 for a Cartridge-Only copy. And now if I am looking for a complete set of the PS2 Shin Megami Tensei games, then I will need to set an individual price on every entry in the series because maybe a Seller has only one or two of the entries to offer to me. Putting mandatory pricing on Buyers is unnecessarily complicated because of all of the various different versions/types of items you have to account for. As a seller, this is easy to account for because well .. you own the specific item you're selling. It's easy to put a price on that.

With all of that said, I think this addition would serve fine. It wouldn't be the end of this thread because of its inclusion. I am just not seeing a convincing argument as to why it needs to be included I guess. If anything, I am seeing posts from users like Squarehard who are already showing that certain posts would already need to be excluded from this rule, and this begs the question as to why even include the rule in the first place.

Deleted member 134

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good point.

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
Plus buyer and plus seller
PayPal only - friends and family or you pay fees

WTS

Xbox live 3 month code (2) - $15 or $25 if you buy both

SNES classic brand new (NA version) - $90

Last edited:

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
Want to buy PS4 games:

The division around $15

Battle field 1 season pass around $15

X2 Grand Theft Auto 5 around $20

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
We have to look at WTS and WTB as if your going to the store, the store is selling you something it always has a price. I don't go to a store and say how much I want to buy something for, I go in say i'm WTB that and then I find the price, thats just my point of view, buyers shouldn't have to put a price.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voted no. I don't follow prices closely enough to know things are worth, but if i say I WTB a game, i have a price in my head i would be willing to pay, not going to lowball or highball anyone.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I voted Yes.
It just makes everything cleaner and saves time. You know what you'd like to pay, so be honest and ask for it.

I'm for an exception for general wants (eg: WTB Vita games, WTB board games, WTB computer parts).

Voted no. I don't follow prices closely enough to know things are worth, but if i say I WTB a game, i have a price in my head i would be willing to pay, not going to lowball or highball anyone.

If you have a price in your head, it saves time to just put it out there.
I used to PM people about WTB items but I was always a little to high for them. I no longer bother personally.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
WTS Digital Codes

Avengers XML $8
Brave XML SOLD
Frozen SOLD
Tangled XML SOLD
Maleficent $7
Contraband $3
J. Edgar $3
Gangs of New York SOLD
Drag me to hell XML $1
Lone Survivor $2
The Hunger Games SOLD
The Hunger Games Catching Fire SOLD
The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 SOLD
Life of Pi $3
Cabin in the Woods SOLD
Woman in Black $2
Gravity $2
Jurassic Park 3 SOLD

ADDING MORE!

Prices below negotiable

Aladdin $15
Monsters Inc XML $10
Toy Story 2 XML $10
Toy Story XML $10
Lion King XML $8
Lion King 2 $10
Lion King 1 1/2 $10
Cars XML $12
Toy Story 3 XML $8
Up XML $10
Cars 2 XML $12
Brave XML $10
Monsters University SOLD
Finding Nemo XML $10
Good Dino $8
Finding Dory $9
Toy Story of Terror $6
Inside Out $5
Amazing Spiderman $2
Amazing Spiderman 2 $2

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTS

Sold!

WTB

Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One digital code - $20
Tekken 7 Xbox one digital code - $15

Last edited:

Dr.Horrible

Oct 27, 2017
WTS (US)

UHD digital codes - $8 obo
Mad Max Fury Road
The Dark Knight

Digital codes non-UHD - $6 obo
Sicario
The Cabin in the Woods

Prefer Amazon gift card, but would do PayPal if needed.

Edit - not sale related and I'm not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but this is a good resource for figuring out the best way to redeem movie codes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsJkCX4DIv2oeCKQ7zp2ArkR1qKEXCUuCMBbUtHtmh4/htmlview

I believe the folks here started it.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=298222

Last edited:

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
WTS
2x8GB (USED) DDR4 Kingston Hyper Fury 2133MHZ RAM (Black) $150 OBO

GIGABYTE Aorus Z370 WIFI Motherboard (New) $100 OBO

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTS

Disgaea 5 (Switch) Sealed - $40

Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4) sealed - $20

Price include shipping. I accept PayPal f&f. Make me an offer.

My feedback from the old site is on the feedback sheet. I also made a couple of sales here.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Voted No, because if I'm just looking to buy like Sega CD games, it's not like I'm going to list everything I need with the price. It's more like floating it out there that I'm looking for something.

Oct 27, 2017
Voted No, because if I'm just looking to buy like Sega CD games, it's not like I'm going to list everything I need with the price. It's more like floating it out there that I'm looking for something.

I voted yes, but for scenarios like this, it makes sense that requiring a price would not be practical. I guess it would really depend on the scenario/circumstances. However, if you're looking for a specific item to buy, like PS+, I see no reason why you couldn't put a price for that. So, I guess it really boils down to the scenario/circumstance. But people have to keep in mind that for items like PS+, if you don't put a price, many people will simply ignore your posts.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if I put, WTB amazon gift cards at a discount, do I need to put a price?

that's kind of dumb, I voted no because while I would certainly know what I have to sell, I don't necessarily know what I want to buy exactly, if I would, I would probably just buy it from a store.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017

that's kind of dumb, I voted no because while I would certainly know what I have to sell, I don't necessarily know what I want to buy exactly, if I would, I would probably just buy it from a store.
For this specific scenario, I think putting a % off would satisfy the requirements. Like "WTB PSN Gift Cards at 10% off" for example.

QDizzle

Nov 5, 2017
I agree it's counter intuitive for a buyer to place a price as the seller usually sets the tone regardless. A seller would see the wtb price and probably ly still pm the person with a counter offer as usually buyers try to use the lowest common denominator.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I live in NYC and I only do meetups, I can recomp with MetroCards for your convenience.

WTS OR Trade:
3DS (Softmodded) + GBA

Make sure not to perform a system update, excellent condition and comes with both charger and stylus - $150

GBA comes with batteries, OK condition - $30
LINK TO IMAGE

I am willing to trade BOTH for any model NEW 3DS XL, otherwise PayPal/Cash

Want to Trade: Brand new neon blue joy-con for any condition left neon red OR
entire brand-new neon joy-con set for any condition Mario red joy-con set
LINK TO IMAGE

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

I mean it's not that hard to post
"WTB Amazon Gift cards at 10% discount."
It still tells any seller where you're at price wise.
it's what I do when I am looking to buy some credit *shrugs*

but you are free to do what you want. I have no issues not selling to people who can't be bothered to put prices on things that could easily be priced lol. I never wanted forced prices on either always. preferred just not giving business to anyone that didn't list prices in order to help motivate them to start listing prices without adding rules.

I do kind of wish we had run a poll "are you primarily a buyer or a seller." but I have a feeling the poll would have a split
k9HJODK.png

with Yes being sellers and No being buyers lol.

It's all good though, I don't think we will be doing many drastic rule changes so even if things are skewed towards forcing sellers to be one way and making it so buyers barely have to put in any effort it likely won't drive away the sellers. Just keep in mind with any future rules that the more you skew things to being on the seller, and making it easier on the buyer, the more likely the sellers will move to a different site.

A number of people keep looking as this place as a store, but it's not, it's a community. There should be effort on both sides towards making deals get done, not just one side *shrugs*

When it comes down to it, rule or not I will always be listing prices on my WTS and WTB as doing such makes it easier on both sides.

I agree it's counter intuitive for a buyer to place a price as the seller usually sets the tone regardless. A seller would see the wtb price and probably ly still pm the person with a counter offer as usually buyers try to use the lowest common denominator.
If you list a WTB price I will either not PM you or sell you at that price if I have that item. I don't like dealing with back and forth via PMs... most people I have dealt with just want things to be done quickly.