• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This is the most tedious and drawn out bullshit I've had to sit through in a while. What the fuck Nintendo? Long ass subtitles, long ass animations, long ass black screen, more long ass subtitles and animation. Oh, and don't talk to the guy before he sits down or else you get MORE LONG ASS SUBTITLES. And then you have to do it 14 times.

Fuck this guy:
p20dcacqy3my.jpg

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
It's relatively useless as well, aside from getting Tarry Town started. I never went back to the house after I fully upgraded it.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not very useful, and the fact you can't choose where your house actually goes is a bit lame.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I build my house in BotW quite a while ago but I can't remember being angry or annoyed like you are.
I enjoyed the quest to build my home in the game

NYCrooner

Jan 3, 2018
Also the limited storage space in the house is crap. I would love to stash more weapons and armor. It's my f-ing house damn it!

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should have went full-on Animal Crossing with that shit. A place that I could meaningfully customize and store lots of my shit at. It would have changed up my second playthrough immensely if I felt like I had an actual home with an actual purpose to return to.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's barely a blip of time/effort in the overall BOTW experience. Dialogue is dumb, but I liked being able to decorate it with my rare gear that I never planned on using anyway. :)

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It was a cute touch, and you're not mean to get it fully featured in just one go, you just keep paying for it as you keep advancing in the game.

What was dissapointing for me was that you can only get ONE house. I'm the fucking weilder of the Master Sword, let me get one in every village.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying if you are trying to fully upgrade the house all at once cause you can't buy multiple upgrades at the same time.

Once it's set up the house is great for displaying your various trophies.

Oct 27, 2017
I love those characters. They're funny and interesting and probably some of my favorite characters in the game, so I didn't mind their dialogue (I usually really liked it) and therefore generally liked the quest.

Now, the actual house in the end? Kinda not worth it? I barely ever returned to it.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
It's an artistic statement on home ownership in the current economy.

Yeah it's kinda lame, but I don't think you're supposed to do it all at once.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Breath of the Wild still had a few frustratingly Nintendo moments to it. Dyeing your clothes is far, far too long of a process.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
the fact you can't choose where your house actually goes is a bit lame.
The house itself belonged to Link long ago before the Ganon incident, and the Bolson crew refurbished the house some years later before you show in Hateno. So it's sorta like reclaiming your old place in relation to your memories.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
It was not useful at all was pretty sad about that.

Also the treasure you cant ever get in that area.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The feature itself would be good if there was any point to it at all like there are in some games. It's amazing how pointless it is in BotW though.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
Nice inclusion but the implementation was bad, especially if you do all the upgrades at once. It feels like this feature in general had more planned for it than made it into the final game.

Oct 31, 2017
Did you just have a load of Rupees and buy every aspect of the house all at once?

I kind of intuitively bought the parts to the house in increments, every time I wandered back into Hateno Village. Buying the house and all of the accompanying parts all at once would be a tedious run through dialog bubbles.

I liked the house, but it would have been cool if you could do more with it. Hopefully that's something they'll expand on next time if they build on BOTW.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
It was worth it for the side mission you get from buying the house. At least it was for me.
The house himself is pretty useless, other than displaying our best weapons and shields. That I will never use them.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
maybe don't force it by doing it all at once and instead doing it just as you have stuff ready, as intended?!

and maybe chill a bit. lol

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I liked it. I don't remember what materials were involved but I think I already had everything I needed. I don't recall having to farm at all. I like the npcs so I didn't find them annoying. It's a nice place once everything is upgraded, especially if you beat the final dlc. I thought it was a cool, small addition to the overall BOTW experience.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This was one of my biggest surprises in the game.. I think the thread title might ruffle some feathers with those that haven't discovered it yet.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This would be something I hope they flesh out more in the sequel, like cooking and crafting.

There should be different plots of land in each village to choose from. More customization too.

At the end of the day I thought it was a nice little bonus

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most tedious and drawn out bullshit I've had to sit through in a while. What the fuck Nintendo?

Nah it would be rupee grinding. There are good no rupee grinding spot and is one of the reasons why I refuse to replay the game.

Along with the fact that you can't store unlimited weapons in the house. Come on Nintendo, you're already copying Skyrim you might as well copy that element as well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved it. The only downside was no customization options.

At first I thought it was a joke, but then it became a sidequests, then I realized Nintendo wasnt fucking around. In previous games, 5000 ruppies was impossible, but here it was actually obtainable (at this point I only had <100).

Goddamn, experiencing BotW for the first time will go down as one of my most memorable gaming experiences of all time

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tedious? It took no time at all for me, but I only stumbled upon the side-quest at about 180 hours played so I had materials and rupees for days.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It was definitely disappointing and a waste of potential.

Oh well, at they didn't forget about it in The Champion's Ballad.