• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I can't be the only one who does this. I hardly play SFV and even when I do, 90% of the time I'm using Ken and sometimes I'll switch out to Nash, Cammy, or Rashid. Yet I own pretty much every alternate costume for every other fighter. Even for Ken, the only two outfits I use are his alpha and rathalos armor, but I own the awful battle and christmas outfits too. It's just not alternate costumes, it's the same for other fighters too. I know I'm not going to change my "main," yet I own the other season pass characters. Same thing in Dissidia, only character I use Kain yet I bought every other fighter's alternate weapons and here I have Tekken's second season pass in my cart right now even though I know I'm probably never going to use them and stick with Noctis/Hwoarang. But I kinda give excuses for myself and say if I have friends over they'll want to use to new characters even though they're just like me and stick to the same character 95% of the time.

I know it's a waste of money, but I don't know why I buy it. :[

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Did Usyren just admit to Ken being in SFV? Is he having a stroke? Someone should check up on him.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I did with the DLC for the 3DS Fire Emblem games. I didn't play even 50% of them, so now before I buy I really ask myself if I'm going to beat them or if it's going to be a waste of money.
It has helped me, since the only DLC I got is the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 season pass.

OP
OP

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I also bought Fates maps, and played only like three of them. That was Also complete waste of money.

Did Usyren just admit to Ken being in SFV? Is he having a stroke? Someone should check up on him.

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I meant to say 4. :o
You're a completionist.

Never play a gacha.
Played the FE one before and thought nah, "this is dumb and waste of money" lol. But yeah, seeing the locked screens on the selection menu is pretty off putting.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've almost purchased some Falke costumes in SFV, then I remember not only do I not play enough SFV these days to justify it, I don't even play Falke.

Fortunately for Overwatch I've never dropped an additional penny on the game after all this time so my plethora of costumes there are from the grind.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yes. I bought the Season Pass of Assassin's Creed Origins and I never felt compelled to use the 2 extra armor sets they put there.

Until Curse of the Pharaoh DLC campaign and I got to use the Horus pack in the Underworld areas.

Oct 30, 2017
I recently replayed Resident Evil 0, and immediately bought the additional costumes for absolutely no reason. Why did I do that? I felt stupid immediately.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I do this for Rocket League. Have bought every dlc car knowing full well I'm gonna go back to octane and dominus.

Oct 25, 2017
Buying Octopath Expansion because of a cool trailers when I completely forgot I don't like Splatoon single player. Really just Turf War.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I've almost purchased some Falke costumes in SFV, then I remember not only do I not play enough SFV these days to justify it, I don't even play Falke.

Fortunately for Overwatch I've never dropped an additional penny on the game after all this time so my plethora of costumes there are from the grind.

Yes but waifu costumes are different. I know Ill never touch Chun Li, Laura or Cammy but there are some costumes you cant say no to. Cammy has one costume where she's wearing pants (Ironically, maybe her only costume with pants might be her sexiest) and no shirt and the pants are so low cut her ass is exposed and....damn, you get my point.

Waifus get a pass.