Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies at 63

Oct 25, 2017
that's too bad. RIP. enjoyed the buzzcocks as a kid but haven't really listened to the material in awhile.

Oct 29, 2017
Incredibly sad. Said hello to him briefly at Warped Tour years ago, when they played with Thursday lol (they had covered "Ever Fallen in Love?" for one of the Tony Hawk titles). RIP.

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad to hear. I just saw them play a few years ago and they still rocked.

Many years ago when I first met my now wive, I was going through a phase where I was singing What Do I Get to myself all the time for some reason. She almost broke up with me over the lyrics I never really paid attention to.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Shit, one of my favourite bands growing up in gloomy 80s Manchester, his Homosapien 12inch single was pretty sweet as well.
A great songwriter. RIP

Shame, but it happens early for some and late for others. I'm listening to Singles Going Steady again in remembrance.

RIP. Please don't leave us early, Mark Burgess and other 1980s Manchester rockers.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is so, so sad. One of the greatest songwriters of all time and to this day were a live force to be reckoned with. I'm gonna miss you, Pete.

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed a buzzcocks performance not even months ago in Belfast. I named my first band after their first EP. RIP Pete.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I enjoyed a buzzcocks performance not even months ago in Belfast. I named my first band after their first EP. RIP Pete.
I just watched some footage of the gig, he was looking quite big, it's shook me up a bit about the pounds i have piled on.

Oct 27, 2017
Aw shit. I've enjoyed the Buzzcocks since they were covered on the soundtrack for one of the Tony Hawk games. Their brand of pop punk was the best.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The later Buzzcocks albums (especially the self titled one from 2003) are so criminally underrated. I highly recommend everyone checks them out.

Nov 9, 2017
RIP Pete Shelley. Used to get a lot out of listening to Love Bites when my life was in a rut many years ago.

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I just read the news. Tearing up a bit.
Just told my friend as well who will be absolutely devastated.

Absolutely loved him and his songs.
Saw Buzzcocks play a few years ago. Wild night, was perfect.