• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
that's too bad. RIP. enjoyed the buzzcocks as a kid but haven't really listened to the material in awhile.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Incredibly sad. Said hello to him briefly at Warped Tour years ago, when they played with Thursday lol (they had covered "Ever Fallen in Love?" for one of the Tony Hawk titles). RIP.

captscience

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad to hear. I just saw them play a few years ago and they still rocked.

Many years ago when I first met my now wive, I was going through a phase where I was singing What Do I Get to myself all the time for some reason. She almost broke up with me over the lyrics I never really paid attention to.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is very sad stuff. I generally gravitated towards North American punk bands as a teen but of the British bands Buzzcocks were always a highlight

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Shit, one of my favourite bands growing up in gloomy 80s Manchester, his Homosapien 12inch single was pretty sweet as well.
A great songwriter. RIP

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Shame, but it happens early for some and late for others. I'm listening to Singles Going Steady again in remembrance.

RIP. Please don't leave us early, Mark Burgess and other 1980s Manchester rockers.

Last edited:

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Aw man this really sucks - 63 is far too young. I was lucky enough to see Buzzcocks back in 2007 and they were great.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is so, so sad. One of the greatest songwriters of all time and to this day were a live force to be reckoned with. I'm gonna miss you, Pete.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

"Homo-superior in my interior".
I found it funny at the time, it shouldn't have been banned.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed a buzzcocks performance not even months ago in Belfast. I named my first band after their first EP. RIP Pete.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
That's a shame Everybody's Happy Nowadays is one of my favorites. I'll have to blast Singles Going Steady tonight in honor.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Aw shit. I've enjoyed the Buzzcocks since they were covered on the soundtrack for one of the Tony Hawk games. Their brand of pop punk was the best.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The later Buzzcocks albums (especially the self titled one from 2003) are so criminally underrated. I highly recommend everyone checks them out.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow RIP

Singles Going Steady is a masterpiece of a collection, go listen if you don't know this band.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
RIP Pete Shelley. Used to get a lot out of listening to Love Bites when my life was in a rut many years ago.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I just read the news. Tearing up a bit.
Just told my friend as well who will be absolutely devastated.

Absolutely loved him and his songs.
Saw Buzzcocks play a few years ago. Wild night, was perfect.