• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
The New York City Fire Department is investigating whether a first responder posted about Jeffrey Epstein's death on a notorious internet message board prior to officials announcing it to the public, BuzzFeed News has learned.

Less than 40 minutes before ABC News first reported Epstein's death on Twitter, someone posted still-unverified details on 4chan, the anonymous message board popular with far-right trolls and white nationalists.

"[D]ont ask me how I know, but Epstein died an hour ago from hanging, cardiac arrest. Screencap this," read the post, which was published at 8:16 AM alongside an image of Pepe, the green frog that has become a mascot for the right-wing internet trolls.

That post was 38 minutes before the first tweet about Epstein's death from Aaron Katersky, an ABC News reporter, at 8:54 AM. Five minutes later, the main ABC News account tweeted an article about Epstein's death.

After publishing the post, other 4chan users egged on the author. When they said they didn't believe that the information was true, the original poster added more information to the discussion thread, including a detailed breakdown of the procedures allegedly used to resuscitate Epstein, which suggest the poster may have been a first responder, medical worker, or otherwise privy to details about efforts to resuscitate the disgraced financier.

sub-buzz-279-1565713878-1.png

Last edited:

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The simplest explanation is a first responder doing it but I expect many will reject Occam to jump to something more complicated and unnecessary.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This just got significantly more complicated, and I didn't even think that was possible.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Congrats on the 15 minutes of... chan fame?

And visits from the FBI

Oct 27, 2017
Dude is gonna be fired and disgraced in public, so he could get a moment of feeling important to incels and Nazis.

Feels bad, huh, douchenugget?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My initial thought was "probably just a coincidence", but this...

sub-buzz-4862-1565710795-2.png

What the fuck is going on. The amount of people with that information is probably PRETTY small and dude's gonna get found out.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Um, typically there's a waiting period before announcing a death. This guy just jumped the gun

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Does hanging usually induce cardiac arrest? I thought it was the breaking of the neck and/or suffocation that did you in.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't think this means much. Either he or a buddy was the scene. Of course this is probably a massive HIPAA violation so if the authorities find this guy he's fired.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This could have been anyone working at that ER, aside from the first respondere. He's going to regret posting this online though, because the hospital can find anyone who had access to the dossier with ease.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Wrestling fans will remember when Benoit's death was on Wikipedia hours before it was announced.
Turned out it was just some dude fucking around and he was just as freaked out as everyone else.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same case but yeah, gotta check on that one.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Does hanging usually induce cardiac arrest? I thought it was the breaking of the neck and/or suffocation that did you in.
in a modern, judicial hanging the idea is to break the neck
someone in a prison cell wouldn't be able to hang themselves with enough force to break their neck and instead end up asphyxiating.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
That dude just violated HIPAA and is going to loose his license. Not to mention most likely prison time. What an idiot.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous that something like this is happening. And this dude is a first responder as it seems? Ugh....

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Wrestling fans will remember when Benoit's death was on Wikipedia hours before it was announced.
Turned out it was just some dude fucking around and he was just as freaked out as everyone else.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same case but yeah, gotta check on that one.
First thing to come to mind. The Wiki editor coming from Connecticut,home of WWE HQ is still fucking weird to this day even though it was just a coincidence.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this isn't worth losing your job over.... but maybe I'm crazy

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The difference with that, is that Benoit missed a PPV and everyone knew, they just didn't know why. Some dude added a thing to wikipedia to troll people looking up his page to figure out what had happened.