• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Scary shit from a "first responder", ideally every case he was involved with would be looked through with a fine tooth comb

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I have no idea how stupid someone would have to be to lose their job and go to prison for what? A couple of seconds of internet fame?

Stupid.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
LMFAO. This dude said he doesn't want a fed showing up to his house, then posts in excruciating detail exactly what his job is and how he did it.

Fucking dumbass lmao. Enjoy losing your career over internet (You)s
losing his career? More like losing whatever freedom he had.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol, Nobody is going to jail for this. Someone just spread the news of someone's death. It's not like they leaked people's private medical records.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
show me an example of a health care provider that has leaked a celebrity death and received jail time.

You said "it's not like they leaked people's private medical records" to draw a distinction. Do you think people go to jail for that? Because this is leaking private medical records.

Is that not what you meant?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Do you think it's legal for a first responder to announce these kinds of details on their own?

It is not okay, but you know, we have had worse in France: a video shot inside the operating room (of a man whose suicide went horribly wrong) was posted on social media in September 2018. Actually, I am not sure what happened to the people responsible for this awful leak, I am afraid nothing happened. So, about that 4chan leak...

References (in French):
  1. https://www.liberation.fr/france/20...deos-choquantes-de-la-mort-d-un-homme_1684309
  2. http://www.leparisien.fr/paris-75/p...ictime-d-un-empalement-09-10-2018-7915041.php

La deuxième vidéo, encore plus choquante, a été tournée au portable dans un hôpital. On y voit la victime allongée sur ce qui ressemble à une table d'opération, entourée de personnel médical. Un sapeur-pompier retire le poteau et l'exhibe devant (au moins) deux téléphones en mode caméra, et plusieurs personnes qui s'exclament bruyamment.

Contactée par Libération, l'Assistance publique - Hôpitaux de Paris (AP-HP) confirme que la vidéo a été tournée dans un de ses hôpitaux, et indique qu'une enquête interne a été ouverte. La direction de l'AP-HP prévoit de déposer plainte contre la diffusion de ces images. «On ne doit pas filmer un patient, on ne doit pas filmer à l'hôpital», regrettent les hôpitaux parisiens. De sources concordantes, c'est à l'hôpital Beaujon à Clichy (Hauts-de-Seine) que les images ont été tournées, sans que l'on connaisse l'identité des personnes qui filment.

Les responsables des sapeurs-pompiers de Paris, de leur côté, cherchent activement à savoir si certains de leurs membres sont impliqués dans la captation ou la diffusion des images. Ils ont également saisi le parquet. Bien que sous statut militaire, les pompiers de Paris dépendent de la préfecture de police. Cette dernière est donc concernée à double titre dans cette affaire, mais refuse d'en dire plus pour le moment. La famille, particulièrement choquée par la diffusion de ces images, a porté plainte et entamé des démarches pour faire supprimer les vidéos des réseaux sociaux.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
My initial thought was "probably just a coincidence", but this...

sub-buzz-4862-1565710795-2.png

What the fuck is going on. The amount of people with that information is probably PRETTY small and dude's gonna get found out.
Guy was a first responder if he knows all this.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Or perhaps you don't know what you're talking about.

Do you think it's legal to release those details? Do you think it being illegal is related to laws about releasing medical information generally?
Do you think all crimes are punished the same way. Do you think there's no spectrum to crimes. Is a dui at .08 going to receive the same sentence as a .25?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think all crimes are punished the same way. Do you think there's no spectrum to crimes. Is a dui at .08 going to receive the same sentence as a .25?

You differentiated releasing medical records (something you think you can go to jail for) with this (something you don't think you can go to jail for). On what basis? What's the difference?

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous that something like this is happening. And this dude is a first responder as it seems? Ugh....
First responder..........on 4chan.

These people are everywhere and you would never know.

A guy I knew in the Air Force, over 10 years ago since I've seen him, is Qanon now. When I knew him he seemed like a really nice dude. One day I see he changed his Facebook profile picture to the letter Q, emblazoned with the American flag and the where we go bullshit under it. I thought maybe he did it by mistake, but nope.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
These people are everywhere and you would never know.

A guy I knew in the Air Force, over 10 years ago since I've seen him, is Qanon now. When I knew him he seemed like a really nice dude. One day I see he changed his Facebook profile picture to the letter Q, emblazoned with the American flag and the where we go bullshit under it. I thought maybe he did it by mistake, but nope.

Happened to me too. A once close friend who I haven't seen in years-I went to his facebook page and he completely went off the deep end. It's very sad.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Happened to me too. A once close friend who I haven't seen in years-I went to his facebook page and he completely went off the deep end. It's very sad.

Yeah my oldest friend went off the deep end during the US election and started going off on how we need to strip citizenship from all Muslims.

He was a normal guy before, now I don't recognize him.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK

Somebody make a staff post so I can make sense of all this.
This response seems.. overblown for what happened. A first responder posted about his death a half hour before the media did. I guess there's a HIPPA violation somewhere. Not even sure how it works with death as they always release a cause of death.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's dead so I could care less this was leaked. Now the conspiracies that he was killed can stop.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would still assume it's a hipaa violation, and anyone thinking there's more to this than potentially losing a job and a fine, you're crazy.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know that a bunch of folks at Cermak Hospital in Cook County jail were terminated after inappropriately accessing R.Kelly's medical records when he was arrested. It was idiots who threw away their job based on the unhealthy need to have every little detail about a celebrity story, not a massive conspiracy theory involving multiple presidents.

Trust

Jun 10, 2018
So this person rather ruin their career for internet LULs. With that amount of details provided this person will get found out quick.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
So this person rather ruin their career for internet LULs. With that amount of details provided this person will get found out quick.

As I posted earlier, in another case in France, people posted a video from inside a surgery room. The poor mother of the deceased pressed charges, and as far as I know, there was no punishment. Things might be different if the family of the deceased is mighty rich, but on the other hand, announcing the death of someone on social media seems an order of magnitude less serious than posting a gory video making fun of an unfortunate person. Unless the dude has taken photos of the corpse or captured a video of the CPR procedure, and police find these on his phone, or there are leaks on social media, I do not see what kind of trouble the dude could face. I think things would be different if the victim of the leaks were still alive, as it would be a privacy violation. Once you are dead, justice does not seem to care about these kinds of leaks.

Last edited: