• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Even outside of the Epstein case, this is probably going to get a serious investigation based on what a high profile HIPAA violation this is. The person who did this better hope they covered their tracks.

Oct 25, 2017
As I posted earlier, in another case in France, people posted a video from inside a surgery room. The poor mother of the deceased pressed charges, and as far as I know, there was no punishment. Things might be different if the family of the deceased is mighty rich, but on the other hand, announcing the death of someone on social media seems an order of magnitude less serious than posting a gory video making fun of an unfortunate person. Unless the dude has taken photos of the corpse or captured a video of the CPR procedure, and police find these on his phone, or there are leaks on social media, I do not see what kind of trouble the dude could face. I think things would be different if the victim of the leaks were still alive, as it would be a privacy violation. Once you are dead, justice does not seem to care about these kinds of leaks.
I mean it's definitely a HIPAA violation and at the very least he'll be fired for it. I don't know what to tell you about the case in France based on what you mentioned anyone involved in the production of that video should have been terminated immediately.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
At the very least, this person will face disciplinary action from the governing board of their medical license. Worst case is they lose their license. Highly doubt any jail time will be served