• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyan...ions-follow-up?utm_term=.isJMeMD9B#.gt6LMLgAe

Three more women are coming forward with allegations of sexual misconduct or inappropriate behavior dating back decades against former Entourage star Jeremy Piven after the actor vehemently denied similar claims from three other women in a November story by BuzzFeed News.

In 1985, a background actor said Piven followed her into a trailer on the set of a film and pinned her down on a couch. In 1996, a background extra on the set of Ellen said a romantic encounter with Piven turned physically aggressive and left her feeling threatened, after he exposed himself to her in his Los Angeles home. Another woman said the actor pushed her against the wall in a Montreal hotel room around 1994 and tried to force himself on her.

BuzzFeed News also spoke to eight people who said the women shared their stories with them either at the time or in the years since.

For him to deny it, that infuriates me," said one of the women, Susan McCain Olson. "Does it suck that it happened? Yes. Did it ruin my life? No. But he did it."

In the months before she started her senior year of high school in 1985, McCain Olson landed what she thought was the coolest summer job in the Chicago suburb of Glen Ellyn: being an extra on the set of a movie. Lucas (1986) starred Charlie Sheen, Winona Ryder, Kerri Green, the late Corey Haim, and Jeremy Piven, then 17, in his first film role. According to McCain Olson, the environment on set was casual and members of the cast and crew were friendly with extras. She said she even attended the wrap party at the conclusion of filming.

"At one point, in fact, I remember the director was afraid to put me in any more scenes as an extra because it would look weird that we were in the movie and didn't have lines," she said.

OP
OP
FireSafetyBear

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
McCain Olson said she was eventually able to push Piven off her and leave the trailer. Shaken, she said she was afraid to tell anyone else on set because she was "just an extra" and did not want to lose her job or cause a problem as Piven didn't "bother" her again.

"I saw him around after because we were on the same set but he never spoke to me," she said.

Laura Loftus, a childhood friend of McCain Olson's, told BuzzFeed News that McCain Olson called her after the incident occurred in 1985 and told her what Piven did. Another friend, who asked to remain anonymous, also told BuzzFeed News that McCain Olson brought the incident up to her when they first became friends about 15 years ago. Another close friend, who also asked to remain anonymous, told BuzzFeed News that McCain Olson told her about the incident three years ago when sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby were reported. Anthony Chandler, McCain Olson's fiancé, said that she told him what happened about two years ago after they decided to get more serious in their relationship.

While McCain Olson told people in her private life about the incident, she also said that she didn't publicly discuss what Piven did to her as she felt the culture around how women dealt with sexual harassment was vastly different in the 1980s. She said it was "almost expected you'd have to fight somebody off" at some point, and that she didn't have the language or understanding to describe the incident.

"In those days, sexual assault was rape and I was like, 'Well, he didn't rape me,'" McCain Olson said. "I didn't talk much about it at all just because I guess it was embarrassing. Who was going to believe me?"

When she went inside, she said Piven suddenly pinned her against the wall by grabbing her shoulders and arms while he tried to kiss her. She was able to push him off her and demanded to know what he was doing. She said he asked her what she came up to his room for.

She opened the door and left. "I didn't want to stick around to find out what else was going to happen," the woman said.

Quazar

Oct 27, 2017
in hindsight my comment was insensitive to possible victims. Ignore!

Last edited:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't Lucas one of the movies Corey Feldman claims Corey Haim was sexually abused during the filming of also?