• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/media/buzzfeed-layoffs/index.html

New York (CNN) BuzzFeed is preparing to lay off about 15% of its employees. The coming contraction is the latest example of a media company making cutbacks in a difficult operating environment.

The reductions will affect multiple departments, including the news division, according to sources familiar with the matter.

BuzzFeed has about 1,450 employees, so about 220 will be leaving, one of the sources confirmed.

BuzzFeed CEO Jonah Peretti confirmed the sharp cut on Wednesday after reporters from other news outlets began inquiring.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks to see anyone lose their job, but the only thing I even know Buzzfeed for are those awful cooking montages that people who can't cook like to post to Facebook constantly.

I suppose that is a business problem in that I know OF Buzzfeed, but I have no clue what they actually do.

Oct 26, 2017
Sucks to see anyone lose their job, but the only thing I even know Buzzfeed for are those awful cooking montages that people who can't cook like to post to Facebook constantly
This sucks. They're one of the few news orgs that are worthwhile imo. They released the Steele dossier. They found out about the plans for Trump Tower in Russia. Also kfile who's part of CNN's investigative department was originally from BuzzFeed News.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
That sucks. Over the past year I've found myself enjoying more of their YouTube output.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So we should be seeing a 15% increase in "Why I left BuzzFeed" videos soon?