• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
JeTmAn

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone's interested. Just added this coronavirus ignorer to my filter, uses regular expressions:

(C|corona\s*virus|COVID-?19)

For my mental health...

P.S. I wish I'd made the regex stuff case insensitive but that would require an update to the script.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Running into a glitch here for my Hide Threads:

kcufE62.png

Unless I accidentally triggered a Hide All, but I don't think so.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimadrago, whats your filters look like? Do you use any regular expressions? Did this happen suddenly or after a change you'd made?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimadrago, whats your filters look like? Do you use any regular expressions? Did this happen suddenly or after a change you'd made?

I'll check when I get home. As long as I can confirm other Chrome users aren't running into the issue, it may just be something dumb I clicked. Haven't filtered a word in a while though. I usually block by thread.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

I had it on "Show Ignored Only" instead of "Show Unignored Only" in the top-right.

NEVERMIND. I'M DUMB!

Thanks for responding. This thread doesn't get much activity, so I was nervous about getting a response.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Cool mod, JeTmAn. I just installed it today.

However, I seem to be encountering a glitch... whenever I enter a thread and come out of it with a back-page click, the mod duplicates its two menu bars at the top of the screen. If I go into another thread and come out, it tries to copy itself a third time at top. Simply refreshing the page (or going to another top level page of threads) clears it up, but it is distracting.

I'm using the latest FireFox build on Windows 10 with GreaseMonkey running the script.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
How do see a list of threads you ignored/hide? And restore them?

I'm on mobile. iphone SE.

I am wondering the same!

Could the tech people add a section in the left menu below Watched Threads named "Hidden Threads".
Since it's easy to hide a thread by mistake, we need a way to be able to more easily confirm and un-hid hidden threads through smartphone.

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
and this is slighty broken now. it seems that if a thread title has one of those new tags that were implemented then it doesnt hide that thread

RelaxedOtter

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the new thread tags has broken it a bit. You now also get a RemoveThread button after the new thread tag as well as at the end.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, I had to disable the script because of that extra padding. At least I got rid of those stupid tags with an update to the custom theme I've been using.

www.resetera.com

Resetera Unofficial Dark Theme

No idea if these thread labels are going to remain, but I've added in a new option to hide them on my theme. I've tweaked the Official Thread label so far, might tweak the others eventually. I'm not updating or maintaining the userstyles.org version anymore, it literally takes me 10-20 minutes...

Cheeky

Oct 30, 2017
and this is slighty broken now. it seems that if a thread title has one of those new tags that were implemented then it doesnt hide that thread
Until updated, you can still hide a tagged thread, you just need to use the first X that appears immediately to the right of the tag; that one works.

Cheeky

Oct 30, 2017
6th August Update:
The forum's tagging design has just been changed to move the tag down to the lower line. That makes this fix no longer needed and the original 1.0.6 code works again now.

Leaving the below here for reference if ever needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am not the author, but I thought i'd look at the code and see if it could be quickly fixed.

If you're comfortable editing the script yourself, here's a quickfix for v1.0.6

At line 212 (inside the AddHideLink function), replace
$($(currentThread).find('.structItem-title a')).after(removeThreadElement);
with
$($(currentThread).find('.structItem-title a').not( '.labelLink' )).after(removeThreadElement);

Edit:
Also to correct the thread title entered the filter control panel (for future ignores):

At line 183 (inside the GetThreadTitle function), replace
return $(currentThread).find('.structItem-title a:first')[0].innerText;
with
return $(currentThread).find('.structItem-title a').not( '.labelLink' )[0].innerText;

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Has this broken for anyone else?

Was working alright the other day but now the panel and the X do not appear

EDIT: It's back now? Seems to be the site loading slowly.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Has this stopped working for anybody else?

EDIT: Fixed, my tampermonkey was disabled on era for some unknown reason

Last edited: