• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
some ppl might find this information useful: when you "ignore" someone who made a thread, you no longer see messages by that person, but threads that person created also disappear. so this can be used as an unorthodox "hide thread" mechanic.

This is what I have been using as I like the mobile version of the site. The site wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the endless mega threads and OTs that the moderation team refuse to move to the community sides. :(

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I have been using as I like the mobile version of the site. The site wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the endless mega threads and OTs that the moderation team refuse to move to the community sides. :(
Which ones? Because for gaming they go to hangouts after a month or two.

Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so useful, thanks! Goodbye, Trump threads!

I'm also blocking Game of Thrones-threads. I simply do not care for it at all.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I would also love a mobile version of this. Especially when I'm traveling and have a lousy connection, trimming down the list to more relevant topics would be wonderful.

If not I wish we could get word filtering as a forum feature.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Mobile version would be amazing but just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful script.

No more fucking anime, wrestling or fast food threads clogging up my shit. FUCK anime, FUCK wrestling and FUCK fast food threads.

OP
OP
JeTmAn

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess nobody noticed the script having issues with the DayEra/NightEra? When those were released it looked like it was having issues but I didn't want to fix it then so I just switched back to DarkERA

Mhaz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for a mobile version.

Though, this is something that should have been included on this site from day one.

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chrome for mobile doesn't support extensions. We can't have this for Chrome. But this can be used with Firefox if you're willing to use that on mobile.

Unfortunately I like Chrome because I can sync everything across all the devices and most people probably like that also so we're stuck.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess nobody noticed the script having issues with the DayEra/NightEra? When those were released it looked like it was having issues but I didn't want to fix it then so I just switched back to DarkERA
Based on the thread a few weeks ago about themes, most regulars don't use DayERA and NightERA.

I'm still on DarkERA.

Deleted member 26837

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Chrome for mobile doesn't support extensions. We can't have this for Chrome. But this can be used with Firefox if you're willing to use that on mobile.

Unfortunately I like Chrome because I can sync everything across all the devices and most people probably like that also so we're stuck.

This is only on Android. No extension support for iOS. Maybe one could make an iOS Safari extension, but I don't know how doable that could be.

I also use only DarkEra so I didn't notice anything off.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I just wish there was a dedicated hide trump threads button. It's annoying even coming to this side of the forums

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
I'm using this all the time. When I have a bad day, small things like "stupid" questions or the 500th daily "new Marvel movie rumors/news/etc" grinds my gears.
Making them disappear feels nice. And I feel like a powerful forum-Hitler, in my own little forum bubble ^__^
Thank you!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed the word filter not working. I'm trying to hide all posts with the n-word in all its variations, and they're still showing up.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Bump. Can't install Tampermonkey on macOS Mojave because all Safari Extensions are through the App Store now...Really wanted to use this lol. Anyone have any alternatives on how to block specific thread title words on here other than using a different browser?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
With the upcoming forum layout change I'm going through Hangouts to ignore all the threads I don't care about. My ignored thread count is about to explode. Too bad I can't do this on my phone. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Bump. Can't install Tampermonkey on macOS Mojave because all Safari Extensions are through the App Store now...Really wanted to use this lol. Anyone have any alternatives on how to block specific thread title words on here other than using a different browser?
I'd like to know this too. It would be great not having Smash Bros and BotW threads clogging up GamingERA.

OP
OP
JeTmAn

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, looks like I'm going to need to do a rewrite once the new forum structure is up. I may have to include a conversion routine for existing hidden threads since it's possible to have a filtered entry applied only to a specific subforum, and the configuration of the subforum is changing. I'll do my best.

BTW, this a free tool I work on in my spare time, so if anyone ever feels like sharing their appreciation in a monetary fashion, please feel free to PayPal anything you'd like to [email protected].

I'm not seeing any Xs. Am I doing something wrong? Using the wrong theme?

Make sure you've got your user script extension installed correctly for your chosen browser. Usually that's the issue if it doesn't work.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm not seeing any Xs. Am I doing something wrong? Using the wrong theme?
The OP says it's near the number of replies but for me it's just after the thread title. Nothing shows up until I move my cursor close to it.

i3YyMDdl.png

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hiding forum threads is all well and good but where is my Hide From Moderators functionality?

It is 2018.