• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was mentioned in OP but, this does appear to require using DarkERA to access the filter control panel (though you can still reap the benefits in NightERA, you just have to switch back to DarkERA temporarily to change settings).

Yes I use NightERA lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I actively avoid browsing resetera on my phone nowadays thanks to this script. lol
I'm so glad that this exists; it helps to make visiting this place feel less obnoxious and repetitive (for the lack of a better word).

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was mentioned in OP but, this does appear to require using DarkERA to access the filter control panel (though you can still reap the benefits in NightERA, you just have to switch back to DarkERA temporarily to change settings).

Yes I use NightERA lol.
DarkERA > NightERA

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I downloaded the script but where do I find the filter list?

You build it yourself by adding words or phrases to the filter you don't care about seeing in the list of threads. (i.e. Trump, Master Race, Jim Sterling, Playstation, Xbox, Switch, PC, etc.)

You can also click the little "X" next to obvious bait, troll, or circle-jerk threads to hide them even if they don't match any of your filter words or phrases.

It takes a little work but you can really make the forum a lot more focused with this.

EDIT - I just realized you might not know where to look for the control panel. It's right above the list of threads in Video Games or EtcetEra. It's a button labelled "Filter Control Panel". Theme might play a part in it as well. I use "Dark Era (Legacy)" and the button is purple.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Will this still work when ERA does its site design revamp?

Please God say yes

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Please make it work with new site. Though new site makes it easy, if i can hide all Astro bot, Fortnite and trump threads that would be amazing.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Lets all pray together that OP can update this for the new theme. I can't go back to not hiding keywords, fuck that.;

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, having to go into a thread to ignore it stinks, especially with how slow ERA is at the moment. Also hide by keyword is desperately needed.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's nice that they tried to implement a native blocker, but it's just less intuitive than the extension. Things like ignoring threads while on the directory instead of inside the thread, seeing all ignored threads separately and using keywords just makes browsing ResetERA much better.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
yea Im gonna need a keyword filter real bad, forgot how intolerable etcera is without it. Need it to hide all the megathreads in gaming too because they never get moved to gaming hangouts no matter how old or how long they are.

circuitry

Oct 30, 2017
Echoing previous posts.. forum is practically unusable when you can't filter words. Have loved, and will always love this script.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this and live thread are musts...thankfully the latter has already been updated to work with new update fyi.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if it will be an easier time doing this kind of add-on since the site now supports the ignore feature on the backend.

Just get the thread id as normal (after accounting for the major source changes to how the threads are listed out) and then just call the ignore/unignore link for each thread id depending on what's going on.
You can even ignore all the threads already ignored in your cache by just looping through each one and calling the ignore link for each one.