• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
JeTmAn

It seems like this isn't not working across devices anymore since they added the lame confirmation step to ignore threads natively.

Now clicking the x in the thread lists just blocks it on that device, but the thread still shows up on mobile or a different PC. So I'm guessing with that change the script is no longer able to add threads hid by clicking the x to the forums' native ignore list? Any chance of that being fixed, or did the confirm step being added kill that functionality for good?

Last edited:

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
I installed TamperMonkey and the script, but it's still not showing up on FireFox after reopening the browser. Any advice?

Edit: issue fixed with a clean install of the browser. Weird.

Last edited:

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Man... I'm really considering filtering question marks. It would get so many false positives, but at least I'd be rid of most "controversial" food threads and "am I the only one who..." threads.

Edit: I'm gonna try it for a week.

Edit edit: Nah, it hides too many threads.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Man... I'm really considering filtering question marks. It would get so many false positives, but at least I'd be rid of most "controversial" food threads and "am I the only one who..." threads.

Edit: I'm gonna try it for a week.

Edit edit: Nah, it hides too many threads.
Yeah, I wanted to do the same.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The extra confirmation option to hide threads has stopped it from syncing and hiding threads on other devices.

JeTmAn

It seems like this isn't not working across devices anymore since they added the lame confirmation step to ignore threads natively.

Now clicking the x in the thread lists just blocks it on that device, but the thread still shows up on mobile or a different PC. So I'm guessing with that change the script is no longer able to add threads hid by clicking the x to the forums' native ignore list? Any chance of that being fixed, or did the confirm step being added kill that functionality for good?

This.

OP
OP
JeTmAn

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JeTmAn

Didnt know this was happening, will investigate

OP
OP
JeTmAn

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having any luck figuring out the issue? Thanks for you work on this!

Just updated the script on Greasy Fork. Turns out a confirmation step was added to the server-side ignore function, so I had to add another parameter to the Ajax request my script runs to accomplish that same thing.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Just updated the script on Greasy Fork. Turns out a confirmation step was added to the server-side ignore function, so I had to add another parameter to the Ajax request my script runs to accomplish that same thing.

Do I need to "reload" the script or I don't need to do anything?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018

Thanks!!

Do I need to "reload" the script or I don't need to do anything?

Seems like it. Wasn't working, so to be thorough I removed the Tampermonkey extension from chrome, re-installed it and then the script and then it worked. You may just be able to go to the script page and hit re-install though.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018

Hey mate. These dude broke your extension again.

Ignoring threads from my PC don't sync to my phone. Just like last time.

Hopefully you can fix this. But it sucks that it keeps getting broken every update and you have to find a workaround.

OP
OP
JeTmAn

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey mate. These dude broke your extension again.

Ignoring threads from my PC don't sync to my phone. Just like last time.

Hopefully you can fix this. But it sucks that it keeps getting broken every update and you have to find a workaround.
I'll check into it. Any particular features that aren't working now?

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'll check into it. Any particular features that aren't working now?

Yeah. Same issue as last time.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Just want to say thanks again. At this point I have a massive list of words related to fast food, anime, wrestling and UFC and it's really nice not seeing that fucking BULLSHIT. I still have to add variations of random words related to each category every so often but I knew this was going to be an ongoing effort.

I still cannot understand why the fuck we don't have hangout threads for like Dragon Ball Z and the other bigger animes. Doesn't make sense.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just want to say thanks again. At this point I have a massive list of words related to fast food, anime, wrestling and UFC and it's really nice not seeing that fucking BULLSHIT. I still have to add variations of random words related to each category every so often but I knew this was going to be an ongoing effort.

I still cannot understand why the fuck we don't have hangout threads for like Dragon Ball Z and the other bigger animes. Doesn't make sense.
we do iirc, but still threads get made

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey I just installed this today and it's great! Many thanks!!

Just curious, how difficult was this to create? I ask because I'm wondering if maybe I could try to learn to code something similar for a Firefox script? Just a personal project (that I would of course share with y'all), but honest to god I have no idea what I'm getting into haha. If it's too advanced I'll just leave it to people who know what they're doing 😊

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Behold, and imagine how boring my feed must be. Oh, but it's so nice.

Code:
(S|s)(eason) \d+        regularexpression
50 books
DUNE
Dark Phoenix
DatingEra
Endgame
Justice League
MCU
New Mutants
One Piece
Spider-Man
TLJ
[G][o][T]        regularexpression
[S]\d+        regularexpression
\(HBO\)        regularexpression
\(Hulu\)        regularexpression
\(Netflix\)        regularexpression
\d+% on RT        regularexpression
airpods
album
anime
avengers
creative writing challenge
dbz
detective pikachu
directed by
doom patrol
dragon ball
fanart following
game of thrones
goku
lttp
marvel
movies you've
naruto
netflix original
new single
on Blu-Ray
on Cinemax
on HBO
on Netflix
poop
reboot
recommendations
rotten tomatoes
rttp
season one
season two
season three
season four
season five
season six
season seven
season eight
season nine
star in
star trek
star wars
starring
suddenly screaming
suicide squad
teaser
to play
trailer
tv cancellations
what are you listening
what are you reading
what are you watching
wkd box office
years ago
years old
your favorite

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Behold, and imagine how boring my feed must be. Oh, but it's so nice.

Code:
(S|s)(eason) \d+        regularexpression
50 books
DUNE
Dark Phoenix
DatingEra
Endgame
Justice League
MCU
New Mutants
One Piece
Spider-Man
TLJ
[G][o][T]        regularexpression
[S]\d+        regularexpression
\(HBO\)        regularexpression
\(Hulu\)        regularexpression
\(Netflix\)        regularexpression
\d+% on RT        regularexpression
airpods
album
anime
avengers
creative writing challenge
dbz
detective pikachu
directed by
doom patrol
dragon ball
fanart following
game of thrones
goku
lttp
marvel
movies you've
naruto
netflix original
new single
on Blu-Ray
on Cinemax
on HBO
on Netflix
poop
reboot
recommendations
rotten tomatoes
rttp
season one
season two
season three
season four
season five
season six
season seven
season eight
season nine
star in
star trek
star wars
starring
suddenly screaming
suicide squad
teaser
to play
trailer
tv cancellations
what are you listening
what are you reading
what are you watching
wkd box office
years ago
years old
your favorite

What's left after all that, other than Trump threads? Mind sharing a screenshot of the first page you're seeing?

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
What's left after all that, other than Trump threads? Mind sharing a screenshot of the first page you're seeing?
It's usually Trump threads, yeah.

S5BZ9ib.png

Schrade

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to have this hide threads in the New Posts and Trending sections as well?

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Is there no way to disable the server-side ignore feature? I commented it out of the script. This feature seems to make thread expiration option useless.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else got the problem of clicking X to hide the thread but if they remain there until you refresh the page?

EDIT: Omfg I had it on show all. Ignore me.

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nevermind
I wish the title made it clear this was a script for an extension

Last edited:

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason it stopped working. I'm on Vivaldi and tried the new latest version but it's still not working, both tampermonkey and the script are active but the control panel is not showing up anymore.
Anybody else have this problem?

/Edit: weird, now it's working again.

Last edited:

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm running Chrome and the Filter Control Panel Pop Up is not working. If I hit the big X by accident that hides a thread I can't go and get it back. Disabled all Extensions but the Script ones and reinstalled the script and it works again - until I reenable the other extensions. So something I have is messing with it. Maybe if I am bored over the Xmas Break I'll go through and try and work out what.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
I just ran into an issue, this doesn't work anymore.
I still see the visual aspects like the control panel, the x's next to thread but it seems the hide feature is broken for me.
Ignored keywords and clicking X next to the forum threads are not doing anything

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I just ran into an issue, this doesn't work anymore.
I still see the visual aspects like the control panel, the x's next to thread but it seems the hide feature is broken for me.
Ignored keywords and clicking X next to the forum threads are not doing anything
Weird, it's still working for me