• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Question: does anybody know if you are forced to play as that non-Zelda character, the one narrating the trailer? When the game was revealed as a Zelda game it had me wondering who the heck that was, later on I found out it wasn't a character from Zelda at all; I assume she's from Crypt of the Necrodancer.

That's summer solstice, the longest day of the year. People consider summer the hottest time of the year, and the historically hottest time of the year in the northern hemisphere runs from June 1st through August 31.
If you won't follow the literal first day of summer, then look at it from a business standpoint. Q2 is considered Spring. Q2 is April, May, June.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
They are going all out with this, really excited for it. Soundtrack is going to be so killer.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I am totally on board with the classic Zelda enemy/musical instrument mashups. Gleeokenspiel is still the better pun, but Gomaracas is solid, too. Did we get a bongo/dodongo yet? I can't remember if that happened or if it just needs to happen.

Also worth noting on that image: That's Link AND Zelda. Co-op confirmed?
So far the bosses are Wizzroboe, Gohmaracas, Electric Guitarmos and Gleeockenspiel.

And co-op was confirmed a while back.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
So far the bosses are Wizzroboe, Gohmaracas, Electric Guitarmos and Gleeockenspiel.

And co-op was confirmed a while back.
Wizzroboe? Okay that's my new favorite. Guitarmos is also fun, hopefully it will have a boss theme to match. I mean, who here doesn't expect the bosses to be playing their own boss themes with looks like that?

I wonder if there's an instrument to pun with Ganon. He did have that organ in OoT. Could we hope for a Ganorgan?

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I am interested in this as a Zelda fan, never heard or played the game it is remixing.

Everything looks and sounds great except for the jumping movement and screen shifts, it looks super disorienting, I can't concentrate without getting dizzy.

Not sure about that.

Oct 26, 2017
I am interested in this as a Zelda fan, never heard or played the game it is remixing.

Everything looks and sounds great except for the jumping movement and screen shifts, it looks super disorienting, I can't concentrate without getting dizzy.

Not sure about that.

The jumping is required, but the screen shifts is odd for sure, that wasn't in CotN.
And it might have looked nicer if the octorok projectiles kind of bounced along the floor to the beat instead of just hovering to the beat, but maybe that's not Zelda enough.

I wonder if there's an instrument to pun with Ganon. He did have that organ in OoT. Could we hope for a Ganorgan?
Maybe Organondorf

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Gamexplain did a video analysis. Nothing particularly new tho.

I am exasperated that he keeps calling them Chuus when they're obviously Zols and Gels. ;__;

Last edited:

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
uuuuh, what? Spring lasts until June 21st

I guess both of you are correct. Astronomical spring lasts until June 21. Although meteorologists and climatologists consider June 1 the beginning of summer. Meteorological seasons are based on average annual temperature cycle and not rotation of Earth around the sun. so June 1 summer, September 1 Autumn, December 1 Winter, and March 1 Spring.

Looking forward to the game. Most likely Day 1.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
My blood vessels are ready (taps arm vein).

Gamexplain did a video analysis. Nothing particularly new tho.

That's an announcement of the analysis, and there is actually quite a lot to parse in the new video, even at a cursory glance (for one, we get the first look at the UI, including what seems to be items bound to the face buttons).

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm terrible at rhythm games. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this game and CotND require you to have good rhythm?

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm terrible at rhythm games. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this game and CotND require you to have good rhythm?
In CotND, you don't have to move perfectly with the beat, or at all, even. You can move at your own time, you just will not get any bonus gold and well. Enemies will still move on the beat tho, which will make the game harder.

However, in CotND, there's a character that does away with the mechanic completely, causing the game to play like a regular roguelike/Mystery Dungeon game where enemies only move when you move.

Of course there's characters that die if you don't move on the beat and even in the ones that just get disadvantaged you cannot move twice within the same beat.

I assume this game will be similar to its predecessor.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Posted the wrong video >.>

The bracelet seems to be a red ring: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Red_Ring
The Oracles games had a bunch of them: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Magic_Ring

The statues appear to be Hylia. They look like SS Zelda in sprite form with wings.

The L icon looks like spin attack to me.

Cane of Byrna is blue. Cane of Somaria was the red one. It makes blocks and then explodes blocks into fireballs. Cane of Pacci could also work and makes bounce pads out of holes.

Bari are from ALttP ;P
KqD1iTi.png

It's clearly Nayru's love. That's how it looks in the item menu of OoT, a crystal with a blue orb inside.
uEKjQwq.png

If it was one of the other 2 it'd be red or green. Also it's in the shield slot and the other 2 aren't shields.

The flute is an oboe, likely dropped by:
xg8FGJX.png

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
D79v7JyUIAEATRo.jpg

The L icon looks like spin attack to me.

Cane of Byrna is blue. Cane of Somaria was the red one. It makes blocks and then explodes blocks into fireballs. Cane of Pacci could also work and makes bounce pads out of holes.

Bari are from ALttP ;P
KqD1iTi.png

It's clearly Nayru's love. That's how it looks in the item menu of OoT, a crystal with a blue orb inside.
uEKjQwq.png

If it was one of the other 2 it'd be red or green. Also it's in the shield slot and the other 2 aren't shields.

The flute is an oboe, likely dropped by:
xg8FGJX.png
Lots of tiny mistakes in their CoH:CotNDf.TLoZ analyses, huh?

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
In CotND, you don't have to move perfectly with the beat, or at all, even. You can move at your own time, you just will not get any bonus gold and well. Enemies will still move on the beat tho, which will make the game harder.

However, in CotND, there's a character that does away with the mechanic completely, causing the game to play like a regular roguelike/Mystery Dungeon game where enemies only move when you move.

Of course there's characters that die if you don't move on the beat and even in the ones that just get disadvantaged you cannot move twice within the same beat.

I assume this game will be similar to its predecessor.
To expand on this a little more for folks worried about the rhythm aspect, all the music is in basic 4/4 time signature and your moves are always just on the beat, no eighth notes or weird timings to worry about, just a basic "1,2,3,4". The game is pretty lenient when it comes to your input timing, and in fact the game is even programmed to account for minor drifting in your timing, where the acceptable window for inputs will also shift (up to a point).

There is one boss that changes the rhythm rules slightly: the conga boss adds a rest every eight notes, where nobody moves. If you try to make a move then, you lose your multiplier and upset the boss, causing him to attack you. There is also a special shrine you can activate that gives you benefits but also introduces this same rule to all levels, but most people don't use that.