• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Was that known? Seems bizzare that Nintendo wouldn't publish a Zelda game in Japan!
They're in the announcement trailer. CotN has Danganronpa and Shiren the Wanderer stuff in it because of them.

Spring ends in mid-June. That's how ARMS was a spring release coming out at the end of E3.

It was until Nintendo listed Mario Maker 2's June 28th as Spring in their last investor presentation.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I wonder if we should just treat things like "Spring" as simply Q2 rather than... you know, Spring.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Since Mario Maker 2 was shoved back to the tail end of June, my thinking's shifting toward Cadence being an E3 shadowdrop too, as others have said. If that's the case, though, it's odd that May will come and go with nothing published by first-party Nintendo!

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think Q2 is? It's essentially Spring less The 10 days it's Summer.

This is the kind of logic that makes December Fall yet March winter. I find it personally bizarre. If it makes perfect sense to you, then more power to you.

I personally would just prefer companies use quarters for describing if they already are using it that way anyway. Quarters make a lot more sense to me than saying spring for June personally.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of logic that makes December Fall yet March winter. I find it personally bizarre. If it makes perfect sense to you, then more power to you.
But December is mostly Fall and March mostly winter, the season change is 21 days into the month.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But December is mostly Fall and March mostly winter, the season change is 21 days into the month.
Hmm, maybe it's a location thing. Not really here. Early March is definitely spring, and early December is still winter in my eyes considering how cold and dead things can often get at that point.

Like I said, if that makes perfect sense to you, then more power to you. It's always struck me as bizarre.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, maybe it's a location thing. Not really here. Early March is definitely spring, and early December is still winter in my eyes considering how cold and dead things often are at that point.

I just go by the calendar which states that fall ends dec 21st and spring begins march 21st. The seasons aren't really decided on by feel or climate.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Since Mario Maker 2 was shoved back to the tail end of June, my thinking's shifting toward Cadence being an E3 shadowdrop too, as others have said. If that's the case, though, it's odd that May will come and go with nothing published by first-party Nintendo!
Is it really odd? i mean it has happened in the past it's not like Nintendo have a policy of at least something first party every month or not that i know of.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just go by the calendar which states that fall ends dec 21st and spring begins march 21st. The seasons aren't really decided on by feel or climate.

I guess, I mean that is their "official" designation, but I feel there is a distinct feeling that comes to mind when winter is said(cold, snow, etc) a distinct impression when spring is said etc.

Maybe I'm crazy for thinking about it more that way. However, I still hold denoting by quarters are a better way of denoting timing.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Is it really odd? i mean it has happened in the past it's not like Nintendo have a policy of at least something first party every month or not that i know of.

Historically speaking, no. But it's just funny to me in this case, since a total avalanche of first-party-published games are going to be all crowded together starting with Super Mario Maker 2 on June 28 and then carrying on through July with Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses all being just a week apart from each other. If it were me, I would have had something launch in May to ease the upcoming wallet strain.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Historically speaking, no. But it's just funny to me in this case, since a total avalanche of first-party-published games are going to be all crowded together starting with Super Mario Maker 2 on June 28 and then carrying on through July with Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses all being just a week apart from each other. If it were me, I would have had something launch in May to ease the upcoming wallet strain.
Yeah i was expecting Cadence of Hyrule in May too but it doesn't really surprise if it doesn't happen, i guess you could say May is the calm before the storm in this case, i think like you though CoH could've eased up people into the 2nd half of the year but i guess they just left it empty for preparation a valid approach anyway.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Cadence of Hyrule was being published by Spike Chunsoft?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I do have to say I hope more character than just Cadence, Link and Zelda are unlockable, both characters from Zelda and crypt

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
And a rogue like. At least it is if it's anything like the original Necrodancer.

I guess that's one of the big questions, isn't it? CotND was definitely a roguelike, but for all we know, Cadence could actually adhere more to a traditional Zelda structure with the rhythm gameplay layered on top.