• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So I just got an email (link removed because it contained my emailaddress) from Nintendo. It's in Dutch but I'm sure it's being sent out in different languages, so maybe someone can link the English one.

Anyway, the subject of the mail translates to 'What to expect in May!' and it features a couple upcoming releases, among some things that are out now like Joker in Smash and SteamWorld Quest. Cadence of Hyrule is listed as well. Sadly not with a concrete date, but it's listed as 'coming soon' in a Nintendo mail specifically about the month May. There were already some rumors floating around of the game dropping in May, but I guess it's pretty much (all but) confirmed now.

edit: English screenshot of the Cadence of Hyrule inclusion thanks to SlipperyFishes:

NkODjhw_d.jpg

Last edited:

XoF

Apr 15, 2019
There were last-minute changes on its development, from what I've heard. That's a good reason for not giving a fixed date already, but I'm sure it's almost ready to go.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
How about a May Direct to shadow-drop it, eh Ninty? Promote that Mario Maker 2, get ports like Pikmin 3 outta the way before E3, and give us dat Cadence of Hyrule.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
How about a May Direct to shadow-drop it, eh Ninty? Promote that Mario Maker 2, get ports like Pikmin 3 outta the way before E3, and give us dat Cadence of Hyrule.
Man, Nintendo has conditioned us to NEED Directs one after another lol
But yeah, it would be great. Tell us all the new features that MM2 has and new releases and all that.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The fact that the e-mail also contained news about Steamworld Quest and Joker in Smash tells us that not everything in the e-mail is about May, is it?

It might be, it might not. I don't think this has any bearing on it

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Going on holiday June 1st so this coming out before then would be perrrfect.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Already expected it to be a May title (seeing as Nintendo isn't publishing anything this month; at least not yet). Would be neat to hear about it soon though.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Got the same email, sits between resi ports and ac3 so potentially shares the same release date (21/5)

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
I mean it was in a Nintendo Direct with a bunch of titles for the first half of the year, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Yup. Got my "Nintendo in May" -newsletter and Cadence was there. (EU)

Definitely coming this month. With Direct.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Awww yeah, can't wait.

Interestingly enough I'm pretty sure My switch updated Crypt of the Necrodancer a day or 2 ago, going to have to see if they maybe snuck in a teaser or something.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
it's like crack. nintendo has conditioned people to expect them at regular intervals like fiends
yeah. It's just the regular interval ends once we hit may generally.

It's actually kind of nice not waiting for one or whatever
Like liberating. 4 weeks ago when that thread got bumped I would hop in real quick. Now I don't care.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't suprise me in the least for Nintendo to do a May Direct and drop it/announce it for release the week after honestly.

Would be nice if it happened though.

Oct 29, 2017
The EU eShop now has a listing for Cadence of Hyrule; so it's probably coming very soon...

... but even more interesting than that is the fact that it now seems to sport a copyright for Spike Chunsoft!

fXKZwnN.jpg

... I wonder what their involvement here is.