Cadence of Hyrule - Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda announced (spring 2019)

WordAssassin

Oct 25, 2017
This just in: Necrodancer team spotted wearing cement shoes in an effort to keep their feet on the ground

I seriously can't imagine higher praise, I would have probably started crying lmao

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Yesterday I beat the AMPLIFIED DLC story with Nocturna, and omg isn't that last boss fight overwhelming? I pretty much got the perfect drops and ended up with only half a heart left. Still, it was very satisfying to play. Now I'm only lacking that fkin Aria run to finish all the story characters. That is insane, but since I like insanity I'm going for it in the near future, lmao.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
From the perspective of anyone who's deeply familiar with Necrodancer, that was a masterfully executed trailer. What a perfect build.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cadence of Hyrule hype is making Crypt of the NecroDancer rise again in the top selling donwload only game, even at full price.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
So considering the bosses seem to be Zelda bosses with a musical motif (Armos Knights with Guitars and Gleeok with a Xylophone motif), what over bosses do you want in and what instruments do they have?

Digdogger with the Didgeridoo was mentioned earlier, but I would love to see some King Dodongo's with some Bongos's (Unless they use... Bongo Bongo for that role I guess).
Gohmaracas?

Crazy Izanagi

Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up the first Necrodancer game in preparation for this and so far I’ve learned two things.

1. This games soundtrack is fucking awesome holy shit!

2. I am very, very, VERY bad a keeping rhythm.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
It could, but again that leaves the whole month of May with nothing. And gives Cadence like a week or two tops before being swallowed up by Maker 2's shadow.

Crazy Izanagi

Oct 27, 2017
So while this thread is active again is there a good introduction for the original game I could check out?

I keep having moments where my character doesn’t move and I swear I’m going with the beat, unless my sense of timing is just that bad.

WestEgg

Oct 25, 2017
So while this thread is active again is there a good introduction for the original game I could check out?

I keep having moments where my character doesn’t move and I swear I’m going with the beat, unless my sense of timing is just that bad.
Are you playing handheld or on tv? I find it way easier on handheld because I don’t have to worry about screwing up the calibration and can just go with zero offset.

Crazy Izanagi

Oct 27, 2017
Are you playing handheld or on tv? I find it way easier on handheld because I don’t have to worry about screwing up the calibration and can just go with zero offset.
Handheld. I’m still new so maybe I’m just missing the best and not realizing it? I think I may have screwed up the visual offset too so I’m not sure if that would be what’s causing it. Audio is at 0 but visual is something high.

WestEgg

Oct 25, 2017
Handheld. I’m still new so maybe I’m just missing the best and not realizing it? I think I may have screwed up the visual offset too so I’m not sure if that would be what’s causing it. Audio is at 0 but visual is something high.
I’d try it with setting the visual to zero since I assume there wouldn’t be latency with the switch screen. I honestly don’t pay attention to the beat visualizer at the bottom though and go off of the audio, so maybe someone else knows better. But at least the video and audio should be in sync with each other.

Crazy Izanagi

Oct 27, 2017
I’d try it with setting the visual to zero since I assume there wouldn’t be latency with the switch screen. I honestly don’t pay attention to the beat visualizer at the bottom though and go off of the audio, so maybe someone else knows better. But at least the video and audio should be in sync with each other.
Alright thanks. I’ll try some more later.

Appreciate the help.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this bump, it hurts D:

Most wanted game of the year by far, holy moly still cant believe this is happening.

May 20, 2018
Ponds
I played three hours of the original and it is hard. Still can’t beat the first level because I keep dying getting to the boss or at the boss itself. I can hardly upgrade stuff anymore because everything costs 5+ diamonds which I can’t seem to get in time. Still a fun game despite the difficulty, but I do hope this next one is a lot less grueling.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If they don’t put this inevitably amazing soundtrack on music selling/streaming platforms I’m going to fume

i will probably end up fuming :(