• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
At least you have a Switch, I'll need to get one for this Zelda game!

I'm assuming you had a Wii U, right? Otherwise this isn't even the Zelda game you should get a Switch for... :D

Yeah the other characters can be really punishing and not really fun either.

My favourite mode was just doing the daily challenge but now since Amplified I love doing Nocturna on Hard Mode. It's hectic but I like the challenge!

I haven't really played any of the alternate modes, including Hard Mode. Since I'm replaying from the start on Switch as of a couple days ago, I still need to do Cadence and Melody, plus I never owned the DLC so Nocturna is new to me. :)

One thing I noticed after playing for a few hours and then coming back to watch the video is how great of an upgrade the visuals are. They are going for a more Game Boy Advance era artstyle and I'm loving it, it looks even better than before.

For sure. The original art style was good enough for me, but Cadence of Hyrule's visuals are positively delightful. High quality GBA / late SNES is quite possibly my favorite art style for a game, above any 3D styles.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY COW THANK YOU!!

Just spent a few hours with these tips and holy cow it made things so much better. I've actually gotten to Level 2 now hahaha (it's so much harder!! D: )

I have no idea the other characters had their own versions of the songs and they're not on the OST, is there anywhere to get the ENTIRE soundtrack? The Bard's version of some of the songs are SO tight, omg I love the disco flavor he gets

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
HOLY COW THANK YOU!!

Just spent a few hours with these tips and holy cow it made things so much better. I've actually gotten to Level 2 now hahaha (it's so much harder!! D: )

I have no idea the other characters had their own versions of the songs and they're not on the OST, is there anywhere to get the ENTIRE soundtrack? The Bard's version of some of the songs are SO tight, omg I love the disco flavor he gets

The wiki has bandcamp links for most of the alternate OSTs and even further remixes:
https://crypt-of-the-necrodancer.fandom.com/wiki/Music
My favorites are the original and the FamilyJules version. It's by default assigned to Aria, but I set it as Nocturna's as well; it seems vaguely fitting to have the metal version on the vampire character. :)

Edit: Oh god, I just realized if they do the same thing with Cadence of Hyrule, we'll get remixes of Zelda music in a huge variety of genres. I know it's obvious but it just hit me now. :D

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So considering the bosses seem to be Zelda bosses with a musical motif (Armos Knights with Guitars and Gleeok with a Xylophone motif), what over bosses do you want in and what instruments do they have?

Digdogger with the Didgeridoo was mentioned earlier, but I would love to see some King Dodongo's with some Bongos's (Unless they use... Bongo Bongo for that role I guess).

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I just beat Crypt's base game mode and I'm really hyped for this game. Luckily I still have the AMPLIFIED DLC to beat and keep me busy. This is so addicting and satisfying to play. I've put 13 hours only this weekend.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Miyamoto falling in love with a game, that doesn't happen often wow.
I'm glad for the team, they managed to impress a legend.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This just in: Necrodancer team spotted wearing cement shoes in an effort to keep their feet on the ground

I seriously can't imagine higher praise, I would have probably started crying lmao

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Yesterday I beat the AMPLIFIED DLC story with Nocturna, and omg isn't that last boss fight overwhelming? I pretty much got the perfect drops and ended up with only half a heart left. Still, it was very satisfying to play. Now I'm only lacking that fkin Aria run to finish all the story characters. That is insane, but since I like insanity I'm going for it in the near future, lmao.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
From the perspective of anyone who's deeply familiar with Necrodancer, that was a masterfully executed trailer. What a perfect build.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cadence of Hyrule hype is making Crypt of the NecroDancer rise again in the top selling donwload only game, even at full price.

86ec89d0-b41c-4cd8-904kgh.jpeg

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
So considering the bosses seem to be Zelda bosses with a musical motif (Armos Knights with Guitars and Gleeok with a Xylophone motif), what over bosses do you want in and what instruments do they have?

Digdogger with the Didgeridoo was mentioned earlier, but I would love to see some King Dodongo's with some Bongos's (Unless they use... Bongo Bongo for that role I guess).

Gohmaracas?

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be releasing any day now, right, theres only like a month and some change left of spring

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up the first Necrodancer game in preparation for this and so far I've learned two things.

1. This games soundtrack is fucking awesome holy shit!

2. I am very, very, VERY bad a keeping rhythm.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
It could, but again that leaves the whole month of May with nothing. And gives Cadence like a week or two tops before being swallowed up by Maker 2's shadow.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So while this thread is active again is there a good introduction for the original game I could check out?

I keep having moments where my character doesn't move and I swear I'm going with the beat, unless my sense of timing is just that bad.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So while this thread is active again is there a good introduction for the original game I could check out?

I keep having moments where my character doesn't move and I swear I'm going with the beat, unless my sense of timing is just that bad.
Are you playing handheld or on tv? I find it way easier on handheld because I don't have to worry about screwing up the calibration and can just go with zero offset.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you playing handheld or on tv? I find it way easier on handheld because I don't have to worry about screwing up the calibration and can just go with zero offset.
Handheld. I'm still new so maybe I'm just missing the best and not realizing it? I think I may have screwed up the visual offset too so I'm not sure if that would be what's causing it. Audio is at 0 but visual is something high.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Handheld. I'm still new so maybe I'm just missing the best and not realizing it? I think I may have screwed up the visual offset too so I'm not sure if that would be what's causing it. Audio is at 0 but visual is something high.
I'd try it with setting the visual to zero since I assume there wouldn't be latency with the switch screen. I honestly don't pay attention to the beat visualizer at the bottom though and go off of the audio, so maybe someone else knows better. But at least the video and audio should be in sync with each other.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd try it with setting the visual to zero since I assume there wouldn't be latency with the switch screen. I honestly don't pay attention to the beat visualizer at the bottom though and go off of the audio, so maybe someone else knows better. But at least the video and audio should be in sync with each other.
Alright thanks. I'll try some more later.

Appreciate the help.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this bump, it hurts D:

Most wanted game of the year by far, holy moly still cant believe this is happening.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I played three hours of the original and it is hard. Still can't beat the first level because I keep dying getting to the boss or at the boss itself. I can hardly upgrade stuff anymore because everything costs 5+ diamonds which I can't seem to get in time. Still a fun game despite the difficulty, but I do hope this next one is a lot less grueling.