• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If they don't put this inevitably amazing soundtrack on music selling/streaming platforms I'm going to fume

i will probably end up fuming :(

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
LinkFront_Beat.gif
CadenceFront_Beat.gif
ZeldaFront_Beat.gif

Pulled those cute gifs, which are surprisingly huge

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
LinkFront_Beat.gif
CadenceFront_Beat.gif
ZeldaFront_Beat.gif

Pulled those cute gifs, which are surprisingly huge

Hahah, no kidding, they also seem to have some frames misaligned and others desync'ed. Here they are at a more reasonable 5x and those corrected:

4jLRzkH.gif

uDHaVYn.gif

xjpsczG.gif

Edit: I just realized Link also has extraneous inner cyan pixels, probably from a shoddy crop from a blue background; I just fixed them too.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017

New trailer from Japan's Indie World from earlier today confirms a June release date. E3 stealth drop confirmed?

Also shout-out to the person who called Gohmaracas

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017

New trailer from Japan's Indie World from earlier today confirms a June release date. E3 stealth drop confirmed?

Also shout-out to the person who called Gohmaracas

I saw that part on the trailer this morning and could only think of the Colbert "I called it!" gif.

It probably helped that I've seen the ending credits of the original CotND enough times that I'm pretty familiar with what kind of music puns they tend to go with.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
Question: You need to beat all levels in a single run, right? It doesn't save a completion?

How many actual ablilities/whatever actually do carry on between runs. Not unlocking drops, but actual upgrades to your character or anything that survives runs? Only a couple, or half a dozen? 10+?

So I picked up the first Necrodancer game in preparation for this and so far I've learned two things...

2. I am very, very, VERY bad a keeping rhythm.

So I really have to keep the rhythm myself? I might tap out. Maybe.

I'm more looking forward to Links Awakening anyway. I'm interested to try LA and I like the graphical style.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question: You need to beat all levels in a single run, right? It doesn't save a completion?

How many actual ablilities/whatever actually do carry on between runs. Not unlocking drops, but actual upgrades to your character or anything that survives runs? Only a couple, or half a dozen? 10+?

So I really have to keep the rhythm myself? I might tap out. Maybe.

I'm more looking forward to Links Awakening anyway. I'm interested to try LA and I like the graphical style.
There is a character(the bard) that doesn't need you to keep a beat.

The upgrades that always stay are from the shop in the top middle, stuff like more health.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

All Zones Mode requires you to start from zone 1 and complete them all in one go, with none of your upgrades besides the items you've unlocked. You also can't get diamonds with which to purchase item unlocks. Only playing specific zones can you get diamonds.

If you play a specific zone it's treated as its own "run", you have all your passive upgrades (like health) and once you complete it for the first time you unlock the next zone and can start there next time, but the "run" itself is composed only of one zone.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't have the game. How many of such upgrades are there? A couple? Half dozen? 10+? Approx.

The Dungeon Master shop, available from the start, sells upgrades to health and max coin multiplier (built up and maintained by staying on beat and not getting hit), as well as upgrading the number of chests hidden in a given level. Not sure how many upgrades there are for each, I think maybe up to 5 extra hearts of health and up to 4x max multiplier. These passive upgrades only work when playing a specific zone, and won't apply in All Zones Mode (the health doesn't anyway, maybe the others do but I can't remember)

The cost of these items increases as you buy them. You buy them using diamonds, which can only be found by playing a single zone run. Each zone has 3 floors and a boss, and each floor will have a set number of diamonds; per floor it's: 2 for Zone 1, 4 for Zone 2, 6 for Zone 3, 8 for Zone 4, 10 for Zone 5. Since you can only get a maximum number of diamonds per floor and they disappear when you start a new run, more expensive upgrades will require you to play later floors.

There are other vendors, some of whom need to be rescued through any mode. When you rescue them, they'll be available in the lobby to sell items which are added to the item pool for subsequent runs. Unlike the Dungeon Master upgrades, these will be available in All Zones Mode.

Further to your earlier question about keeping the rhythm yourself, there is a metronome at the bottom of the screen that can help you work on the beat. I eventually got to the point where I could turn it off since didn't need a visual guide and could stay on beat instinctively, but it's on by default.

Oct 29, 2017
Oh god I just noticed this is coming out tomorrow. Pre-purchased and pre-loaded. I also noticed Crypt of the Necrodancer is 80% off sitting at $3.99...I have never played it and was planning to skip it and just enjoy Cadence. Do you guys think I should grab Crypt as well seeing as it's so cheap? I have a huge backlog...

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh god I just noticed this is coming out tomorrow. Pre-purchased and pre-loaded. I also noticed Crypt of the Necrodancer is 80% off sitting at $3.99...I have never played it and was planning to skip it and just enjoy Cadence. Do you guys think I should grab Crypt as well seeing as it's so cheap? I have a huge backlog...

I'd say try one before buying the other, since if you don't like the whole gameplay concept then the other one will be a hard sell.

I don't know exactly the amount of content in Cadence of Hyrule right now, except there being 3 characters (at least) with a unique ability, whereas Crypt of the Necrodancer has 15 (13 needing to be unlocked) with completely different gimmicks altogether. I have no idea about the scope of unlockables in Cadence of Hyrule.

How did you prepurchase it by the way? I'm not seeing the option in the eShop.

Last edited:

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
So, how hard is this game to play if you cannot keep the beat? It's still fine, you just get less loot? Or are you at a combat disadvantage?

brink22

Feb 22, 2018
I'm on the 2nd to last boss fight. Is there a way to get red potion with Diamonds instead of rupees? I'm all out of rupees from dying from this boss 5+ times. :(

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I went the whole game without knowing how to get the flippers lmao. Just about got everything tho; it's just one heart piece and the final boss left. If weapons drop randomly in chests I might play until I have all variations for every class. Was fun clearing the entire overworld map in one run! 😏

EDIT: Got the piece of heart, even found an extra gear, and suddenly remembered that deku seeds were a thing hahahaha

Last edited: