• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
I've been pretty confident about this being a shadowdrop for a while now. Fingers crossed.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
dang nintendo making 'em charge more than necrodancer launched at that's cold

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
Worth mentioning (for those that take a look), that this only appears when viewing on mobile. It's in line with the Crypt of the Necrodancer pricing on Switch, though.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I always suspected it would release during the direct since its actual release date was pretty vague.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is going to go on sale at some point, right? (And Necrodancer sale too?)

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
$25 dollary doos for the goty on a shadow drop? Deal

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Worth mentioning (for those that take a look), that this only appears when viewing on mobile. It's in line with the Crypt of the Necrodancer pricing on Switch, though.

It's more expensive than I was expecting given that the Switch edition comes with the Amplified DLC and costs $20. It pushes it out of impulse buy territory for me, but I'm also not the biggest Zelda fan.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
My perception of paying $25 has been shattered lately. Seems high for that game to me. I need to know how much content it has before I buy it.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We have no idea how long or in-depth the game is so questioning the value is kinda silly right now

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
This is going to go on sale at some point, right? (And Necrodancer sale too?)
given that it's Nintendo, seems pretty unlikely, especially compared to how often Necrodancer is 2.99 on one store or another.
Skipping at that price. The first game has been sub-5$ a million times elsewhere so I'll wait.
Cadence of Hyrule |OT| I'd Dance To That For A Rupee (And Nothing More)

Jesse

Oct 28, 2017
I played necrodancer for the first time this weekend. Got me super hyped for Cadence of Hyrule.

25 compared to the 20 pricetag for Crypt on Switch seems to make sense.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really wonder how meaty this game is gonna be. It feels like it came out of nowhere.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I was really excited for it, but 25 feels a bit high for what I was expecting out of the game, so I might wait for impressions/thoughts on amount of content before diving in.

Feb 16, 2018
Honestly expected $30 so it's a pleasant surprise for me. If it's good and has a good amount of content I don't see much of an issue.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
$25 is more than I expected considering most indies are priced between $15-20, but I suppose the attachment to the Zelda brand boosted this game's appeal and thus pricing.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Ooof seeing so many people turned off at $25 for a known quality indie title attached to one of the biggest IPs. Race to the bottom pricing has done some incredible damage to the market these last few years.

I was hoping for $20 myself but $25 is well within the normal range for a higher profile indie title, hopefully they can change some minds in here cause waiting on a sale is going to be awhile.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Crypt of the Necrodancer was worth far more to me than most full-priced AAA games. I have no problem with the price at launch, if it's even half as good.