• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via BuzzFeed News:
A fire at a mosque in Escondido, California, early Sunday is being investigated as a hate crime, police told BuzzFeed News.

The fire, which police believe was set by an arsonist, was reported at 3:15 a.m. at the Dar-ul-Arqam mosque, about 30 miles outside San Diego.

Upon arriving at the scene, officers also found graffiti referencing the New Zealand mosque terror attacks, which killed 50 people earlier this month.

Lt. Chris Lick with the Escondido police declined to elaborate on the graffiti, saying only that it "mentioned the New Zealand incidents — let's leave it at that."

The fire, which was extinguished by people who had been staying overnight at the mosque, made minimal damage and did not cause any injuries.

No suspects were immediately identified, police said, and the FBI is now assisting with the investigation.
More at the link above. People continue to be trash. Lock if old.

Oct 25, 2017
Inland North County gonna inland North County. :/

Lots of white supremacists all around there. Like several hubs and white supremacist organizations in the general area.

Last edited:

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Muslims are targeted with hate crimes when an Islamic person commits terrorism and when they are victims of terrorism.

Sick world

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, nothing will be done about it because they will never be condemned nation wide.
If your own leader couldn't outright acknowledge white terrorism is on the rise, what do you expect?

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Lt. Chris Lick with the Escondido police declined to elaborate on the graffiti, saying only that it "mentioned the New Zealand incidents — let's leave it at that."
Nice try Lt. Lick, how about we don't?
Afraid somebody at your tongues lenght might be responsible?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This is exactly what the murderer wanted. An "Us" vs "Them" battle. Did not take long for the shitheels to come out. People are so easily influenced it is pathetic.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This is exactly what the murderer wanted. An "Us" vs "Them" battle. Did not take long for the shitheels to come out. People are so easily influenced it is pathetic.
People need stop saying this. It's not "Us vs them", "us vs them" would imply that both sides have good intentions and must find the middle ground.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
People need stop saying this. It's not "Us vs them", "us vs them" would imply that both sides have good intentions and must find the middle ground.

Ok sure, but the problem is one person has outright vilified another group and triggered hatred because of it. People think that it is fine because someone else did it and then act upon it. "The President is racist, therefore it is now the time to do the same". Of course "Us vs them" can be used as a "We're right they're wrong" mentality. It can be categorized as "Othering" . When I say "Us vs them" I don't mean every person, but alt-rights thinking they can dominate or attack another group under the pre-tense of separation and ostracisation.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
What is the reaction that you want?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, I'm taking the side of the mosque. I don't want to see retaliatory attacks on anyone over anything. I am just surprised at how people can think "Well they're attacking a group, therefore now is the time to do it also". We have seen an uprising of acceptance to violence against others and copycat attacks as though it is justified. A "Monkey see, monkey do" attitude.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean by this, I'm taking the side of the mosque. I don't want to see retaliatory attacks on anyone over anything. I am just surprised at how people can think "Well they're attacking a group, therefore now is the time to do it also". We have seen an uprising of acceptance to violence against others and copycat attacks as though it is justified. A "Monkey see, monkey do" attitude.
Ah, that's alright. I was just wondering who the 'us Vs them' even is because it you're talking white supremacists then it is 'us Vs them' and I couldn't see who else you would be talking about as the Christchurch attacks were largely condemned the world over.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Ah, that's alright. I was just wondering who the 'us Vs them' even is because it you're talking white supremacists then it is 'us Vs them' and I couldn't see who else you would be talking about as the Christchurch attacks were largely condemned the world over.

Yeah, sorry about the confusion. When I say "Us vs them", I mean alt-right/extremists vs muslims/middle easteners/foreigners. It is the same with that little turd Dylann Roof, who thought he could start a "race war" by shooting up a Charleston church that happens to have a majority African American community.

People have a fascination about separating and vilifying another group in order to justify their actions, and in many cases the "message" is copied.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, sorry about the confusion. When I say "Us vs them", I mean alt-right/extremists vs muslims/middle easteners/foreigners. It is the same with that little turd Dylann Roof, who thought he could start a "race war" by shooting up a Charleston church that happens to have a majority African American community.

People have a fascination about separating and vilifying another group in order to justify their actions, and in many cases the "message" is copied.
Yeah, I agree with you completely. No worries about the confusion, that's why I didn't just assume what you meant and reply in kind.

It's whether people have to do that to justify their hatred or whether they hate because they do that. Could be a bit of both I guess. A racial dislike for the group that is socially unacceptable, they get called a racist (rightly) and go to these weird groups on the internet, keep consuming propaganda and the other bollocks they share and it becomes and intense racial hatred which leads some to do this.

It's weird. It's one of those things that's difficult to comprehend when you're not like that.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
It's weird. It's one of those things that's difficult to comprehend when you're not like that.

That's exactly it. I can't comprehend it. It just feels so neanderthal and tribalistic. I've never seen someone attack another group and thing "Yeah, this is fine, I'll join in". I'm just flabbergasted at how mere imagery or symbolism can zombify others into copying, or that they have so much hate in their heart that anything will give them meaning to do such things.

Oct 29, 2017
That's exactly it. I can't comprehend it. It just feels so neanderthal and tribalistic. I've never seen someone attack another group and thing "Yeah, this is fine, I'll join in". I'm just flabbergasted at how mere imagery or symbolism can zombify others into copying, or that they have so much hate in their heart that anything will give them meaning to do such things.
I think what's scarier is that people aren't really immune to it, maybe we are to the extent of the violence that these people commit but the people that believe this stuff aren't inherently evil or moronic, it's something that could theoretically happen to any young person who hasn't properly formed an identity yet. Maybe even some people older than that, too.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I think what's scarier is that people aren't really immune to it, maybe we are to the extent of the violence that these people commit but the people that believe this stuff aren't inherently evil or moronic, it's something that could theoretically happen to any young person who hasn't properly formed an identity yet. Maybe even some people older than that, too.

Indeed, we're all searching for an identity or a group to fit in. It's just a shame that some find it to be at the expense of others.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Ramadan is not that far away. I wonder if that will make public relations worse

Oct 29, 2017
Indeed, we're all searching for an identity or a group to fit in. It's just a shame that some find it to be at the expense of others.
It's mind-boggling. White men are just being indoctrinated in droves into this bollocks. Not that it's anything too new. In the UK the fascist right movements of the National Front and it's predecessors and forbearers were much the same.

I actually met a skinhead once, he was dating a girl I was sort of friends with at the time. We had a Muslim friend who came with us and he asked him if he considered himself British or Asian, my mate replied that he was British and the guy replied saying that he's 'one of the good ones' and only had an issue with people who didn't think that.

Like, he said that like he was a reasonable person. Genuinely. Like it was some enlightened viewpoint.

Suffice to say, we left her with him almost immediately and later saw him in town sieg-heiling to other people who were dressed the same (traditional British skinhead attire; braces; doc martins: white shirt).

What's crazy is I'd never seen anything like that up until that point and have never seen it again. Nobody even dressed like that.

It was surreal but served as a lesson that you never know who is like this. It's more worrying to me that that one trip into our town was the only time I've ever noticed something that overt.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

Wow, that skinhead had issues, it almost seems like an attention thing. This is the thing though, most Caucasian people have it so good. Better than most in fact. I'm saying this as the whitest guy in the room, I basically have lifes easy mode in many cases. The big problem is when people have it so good, they often think it is going to be taken away from them, like a child with a toy. Nothing is really being taken from them in most cases, but when you cater to fear the fearful become the fear mongers themselves to counteract that feeling. They're going about it the completely wrong way of course.

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, that skinhead had issues, it almost seems like an attention thing. This is the thing though, most Caucasian people have it so good. Better than most in fact. I'm saying this as the whitest guy in the room, I basically have lifes easy mode in many cases. The big problem is when people have it so good, they often think it is going to be taken away from them, like a child with a toy. Nothing is really being taken from them in most cases, but when you cater to fear the fearful become the fear mongers themselves to counteract that feeling. They're going about it the completely wrong way of course.
I think that explains most of it, yeah, I think this guy was just racist as fuck, if I'm being honest.

Oct 25, 2017
I think that explains most of it, yeah, I think this guy was just racist as fuck, if I'm being honest.
Sometimes the most simple answer is the real one.

The Asian (Pakistani/Indian) community and more recently Muslims in particular have been the subject of this dual loyalty bullshit since forever in thr UK.

See the Tebbit test for just one example of how racists have been using that kind of bullshit to vilify multiculturalism while forcing minorities to conform and be "one of the good ones"

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
The Asian (Pakistani/Indian) community and more recently Muslims in particular have been the subject of this dual loyalty bullshit since forever in thr UK.

See the Tebbit test for just one example of how racists have been using that kind of bullshit to vilify multiculturalism while forcing minorities to conform and be "one of the good ones"

What the actual fuck at that test. Surreal.

Food

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
In Britain there has been a serious wave of hate crimes against Muslims following the NZ terrorist incident. Not much outrage or care.

Oct 29, 2017

Oh yeah, I've heard it a lot, just only saw it in person in the anecdote I offered.

It's weirder even more given the fact those countries (though admittedly not in the way it's used these days, i.e. adding every Muslim into this) were part of the Empire and are part of the commonwealth.

Pretty sure Tebbit went on to claim several terrorist attacks would be was been avoided if people had listened to him. Utter cunt.

In Britain there has been a serious wave of hate crimes against Muslims following the NZ terrorist incident. Not much outrage or care.
Thing the Birmingham mosque attacks were front-page on BBC for about 10 minutes but yeah, not much at all given the context.