• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
They have just revealed the date on Steam today.

Here's the E3 trailer.

Call of Cthulhu, the official videogame inspired by Chaosium's classic pen and paper RPG, brings you deep into a world of creeping madness and shrouded Old Gods within Lovecraft's iconic universe.

Lock if old.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wishlisted.

The premise of the game seems right up my alley so keeping an eye on this. Hopefully it's good.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Fantastic news.
First game for me in years that has a horror vibe that is releasing near Halloween that I am anticipating.
Hope it reviews well (ish). Can't wait.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Game looks nice, i thought it will never come out but finally.

Release date not looking so good, just after RDR2 a few days.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to (finally) read and watch some hands-on previews at Gamescom. Also hoping the acquisition of Cyanide by Big Ben who is publishing Frogwares' The Sinking City (who was the OG developer of Focus' Call of Cthulhu) didn't impact the game's last months of production.

Deleted member 32615

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Thank god. Was worried this would get delayed again. Easily in my top 5 hype games for the rest of the year

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Just so I get this straight, this is not the Cthulhu project that looks dreadful, right ?

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with the franchise, and the (leaked?) gameplay video from before doesn't show anything than exploration and investigation. Will there be combat?

I haven't paid too much attention to the games development to be honest but the old CoC game on OG Xbox and PC did and the Tabletop game does as well. Though in the table top fighting monsters is basically certain death. So there's that.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looking forward to seeing more. I feel like we've only gotten a few minutes of any significant gameplay so far if I'm not mistaken.

Really hope to see a big chunk of footage soon.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. I can deal with some gameplay jank if the world, story and immersion is there (looks like it is). We don't have enough Lovecraft lore heavy games, between this and Sunken City I am happy.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Didn't this one have a subtitle or something? I guess I have to call the older Call of Cthulhu video game Dark corners of the Earth.

Small tidbit about DCoTE. The PC version is still buggy as hell, but it has one of my favourite bug solutions ever. There's a bit when you are sorta being chased early in the game and if you didn't complete that section fast enough the game would crash. I'm talking finishing it with almost perfect timing. I was good fun when I played it with a friend as we alternated attempted to speedrun that section.

OT: I'm optimistic about this game, but I'm not expected much beyond nailing the tone/lore.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This is not a good release time for this game. I think I'll have to wait for this one, because I am already considering passing Dragon Quest 11 to play Spiderman on time.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
need to see some actual gameplay, because as of now i have no idea how this game plays

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Is there combat in this or is this more like soma, amnesia and the like where you solely have to rely on stealth?

D4rth Man7iz

Mar 30, 2018
I've been keeping keeping an eye on this for a while nice, the atmosphere and setting look promising. I'll wait for more gameplay vids to be shown before I decide if I'll be there day one or later on.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that Cthulhu has become the face of Lovecraft related stuff in modern entertainment. It's just a dumb big guardian. It's insignificant compared to actual gods. Gimme Nyarlathotep.

That said I'll still play this.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hate that Cthulhu has become the face of Lovecraft related stuff in modern entertainment. It's just a dumb big guardian. It's insignificant compared to actual gods. Gimme Nyarlathotep.

This is true, unfortunately. Gimme Yog-Sothoth.

But I'm a sucker for Lovecraft, so I'm buying this.

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I'm intrigued, though not necessarily enough to buy day one. This will no doubt be EuroJank. The only question is whether the ideas and ambition will be enough to compensate for the lack of polish and questionable design choices.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in both this and The Sinking City.

For some reason I thought these two titles were the same game... apparently not! Now I'm glad we have two shots at getting a decent lovecraft themed game.

I'm not familiar with the franchise, and the (leaked?) gameplay video from before doesn't show anything than exploration and investigation. Will there be combat?

It's a narrative RPG so I think it will be more like The Council than something like say Bloodborne.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Why do people say it is a bad release date? It is a Halloween release for a horror game. Sounds like a perfect release date.
And speculating from the P&P RPG there might be only minimal combat in this game. Combat in the P&P RPG is rather deadly, especially for your character. But it has a lot of non combat skills and a strong emphasis on exploration, mystery, investigation and plain survival. This game seems to be a real RPG and not just a combat simulator like many so-called RPGs are.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The less combat, the better :) having a firm release date is good. I cannot wait to see if this is a fine game ! I hope so, i love the mood of this franchise.

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. I understand that it's not officially related to Dark Corners of the Earth, but I always wanted to play that one and just never had a system that could run it properly. I've been waiting for something like this to come out again for so long. I'm in day one.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Cthulhu is the High Priest of the Great Old Ones. He's as powerful as they come for something that isn't an Outer God. Call of Cthulhu codified everything people love about the Mythos.
i-am-providence-guillem-h-pongiluppi.jpg