• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I seen someone bring up a good point about the 11th not mattering since there's more than just America.
IW is an American company with probably a ton of people who were alive or even lived in NY during 9/11 who work there. From a company perspective, it would probably not be a good look. I bet the employees there don't even want it switched on.

People forget that actual PEOPLE with real lives make these games.
But with that said, who knows?

Oct 27, 2017
IW is an American company with probably a ton of people who were alive or even lived in NY during 9/11 who work there. From a company perspective, it would probably not be a good look. I bet the employees there don't even want it switched on.

People forget that actual PEOPLE with real lives make these games.
But with that said, who knows?
The country doesn't even take the day with reverence, flip the switch.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Hoping it still goes up early, as no dev has said "not today" on Reddit, yet. I think most betas for COD have started early if I recall.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Do german players require PS Plus again (same as the 2 vs 2 beta)? I should have chosen an US code to make sure.
Well, if german users DO require PS Plus to download/play the beta, then I have an unredeemed german PS4 code to give away.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Do german players require PS Plus again (same as the 2 vs 2 beta)? I should have chosen an US code to make sure.
Well, if german users DO require PS Plus to download/play the beta, then I have an unredeemed german PS4 code to give away.
No PS Plus required in Germany AFAIK though Xbox users do need Xbox Live

Also codes aren't region-locked

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Sorry to ask again, but is this confirmed for german players?
As I said, all countries could play the 2 vs 2 beta without PS Plus. Except german players. Which wasn't the first time that happened btw.

Also codes aren't region-locked
Well, of course I still tried to redeem on my US account, but it told me that it's the wrong region. That was after I had redeemed the preorder code on the COD beta site where I had to choose a country.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sorry to ask again, but is this confirmed for german players?
As I said, all countries could play the 2 vs 2 beta without PS Plus. Except german players. Which wasn't the time that happened btw.

Obviously nothing has been confirmed yet. If you check the FAQ, Activision say that PS Plus will be required in some regions though they haven't outlined which. It could be a possibility though I'd probably wait and see.

Well, of course I still tried to redeem on my US account, but it told me that it's the wrong region.

I'm going to be honest, this is really weird. Seems Activision has an issue with Germany and is separating that version from the rest of the world?

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
That sounds to me like once again germans won't be able to play without PS Plus. Wouldn't make sense if it were any different compared to the previous beta.
I somehow (wrongly) assumed that downloading wouldn't be possible either, but you're right that we'll have to wait for the servers to go online to make sure.
Guess I'll try to get an US/UK code. *sigh*

Oct 25, 2017
On the site or in the PS store? You have to do it in the store. Don't use spaces.

The email says to go to the cod website and enter it in there. I did and it says already redeemed.

Tried on PS4 store and it says its either incorrect or invalid.

The Amazon code I was given from preordering has already been used :(

Me too. Mind if I ask, what are the first 2 digits of your code? Mine is KL.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest, this is really weird. Seems Activision has an issue with Germany and is separating that version from the rest of the world?

Germany has a separate age rating thing called the USK, which is also why some violent games used to be censored here. It has gotten a lot less strict and is now pretty much in line with PEGI and other European rating rules, but just to be safe publishers are still sometimes doing it. Because there is no way to legally confirm your age on PSN they are using PS+ to confirm it, which you can officially only buy when you're 18. This is not actually enforced in any stores I know of, so it doesn't achieve its goal and is actually just a way to be legall safe for Sony.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded and ready to go!

Gameplay from the 2 v 2 left a great impression. One of the things I'm hoping for is the loading being as quick as it was in the alpha. Granted, you're just loading 4 people into a lobby which made it quicker AND no classes to set up lol but I'm hoping they figured out a way to just make everything faster.

I'll be on as soon as servers are up.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Gave my PS4 code away, waiting on PC version myself. Can't wait to jump in.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Lets hope everything is unlocked from the start and they leave the grinding for the full game.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Lets hope everything is unlocked from the start and they leave the grinding for the full game.

I heard that level Cap will be Lvl10 for the first weekend, but even if that's not specifically true - I strongly doubt they unlock everything from the start

Part of testing is the leveling process itself

I won't be able to dive in until Saturday, unfortunately - but I'm excited to try it

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
That sounds to me like once again germans won't be able to play without PS Plus. Wouldn't make sense if it were any different compared to the previous beta.
I somehow (wrongly) assumed that downloading wouldn't be possible either, but you're right that we'll have to wait for the servers to go online to make sure.
Guess I'll try to get an US/UK code. *sigh*
Okay, could redeem the german code on my UK account. :)
Problem was actually remembering the log in details for the UK account. :D

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't find begging thread, I'm looking for a Code for local friend so I can play with him, thanks!

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I heard that level Cap will be Lvl10 for the first weekend, but even if that's not specifically true - I strongly doubt they unlock everything from the start

Part of testing is the leveling process itself

I won't be able to dive in until Saturday, unfortunately - but I'm excited to try it

They dont need to tie unlocks to the level progression to test it out my angle is that beta is also for balancing of weapons what if a high level gun is super op how are they supposed to know if nobody is able to unlock it.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hopefully it unlocks earlier, just like the 2v2 did!

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's gonna go up at the stated time, if it was early it would've happened already. They like this hype they've built and want to keep it going to the very end.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
I never got an email, but after redeeming a code I went back to the redeem page and it shows my console code right at the top. Looking forward to trying this tonight.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
CharlieIntel pointed out something interesting: despite being credited as supporting development for the game, Raven Software is not in the main menu loading screen https://charlieintel.com/raven-software-logo-not-shown-on-modern-warfare-beta-loading-screen/56397/
One rumor which has been going around for quite some time now is that they are responsible for the Battle Royale mode. Maybe the fact that they're not in the main menu loading screen is an indication that the Battle Royale mode will be its own standalone thing? And as the CharlieIntel article also points out, Raven software is hiring for a Community Manager which would be a bit strange if Raven just stays a support studio and never does anything of their own.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
i swear to god if this shit unlocks early like in an hour or two i'm gonna just make up some dumb excuse to get out of work and run not walk home and play the SHIT out of this. lmfao