• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
How do operator skins work in this in MP? Any articles/guides/explainers?
It's probably the same as all recent COD, select character / skin. So, you have half players running around with the same skins which sucks. I like the old days when each side had different skins making it easy to tell who's your teammate vs the enemy. You don't need to see the color of their name tag.

Oct 25, 2017
How do operator skins work in this in MP? Any articles/guides/explainers?
You basically hit triangle, and have a selection of them ranked common->legendary

9ocZ0B8.png
TsAwRAO.png

lX71WS0.png
GjDReUx.png

IseuC3a.png
pFQOF1X.png

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the same as all recent COD, select character / skin. So, you have half players running around with the same skins which sucks. I like the old days when each side had different skins making it easy to tell who's your teammate vs the enemy.
Well operators are divided into factions so we should be able to tell.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Question about Alex. He's a cia operative, are they considered special forces? Is he as trained as a soldier as Price and Garrick who are SAS?

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably the same as all recent COD, select character / skin. So, you have half players running around with the same skins which sucks. I like the old days when each side had different skins making it easy to tell who's your teammate vs the enemy. You don't need to see the color of their name tag.
You basically hit triangle, and have a selection of them ranked common->legendary

9ocZ0B8.png

lX71WS0.png

pFQOF1X.png

Cheers. Presumably you unlock more?

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know how custom classes work?

In previous coD they were stuck behind prestige ranks. which I absolutely hate, but since there isnt any more prestiging how do we unlock more?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I need to stay out of this thread. I am too hyped and don't want to see any of the maps, and don't want to get spoiled the campaign. One more day, 7 hours and 45 minutes!

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly the map Hill that was in Call of Duty 4 alpha stages is now in this game? Or is it just using its name? I'd love to know, cause that old map of Hill looks great lol

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
A friend got his Xbox-copy, says the installation is a mess. If I understood correctly at first the campaign will be downloaded but if you start the game after that, the multiplayer will be downloaded automatically. Then there`s a 19 GB-download for Spec Ops. And later he had to download another 12 GB for Spec Ops.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Man I am still debating between getting this on Pro or for X. I know it has cross play and it will probably look better on X but there's some exclusive stuff for Sony that's interesting. Also, party chats are gonna be a pain in the ass.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate that I'm lacking in impulse purchase control lately. I'm actually considering grabbing this on release since A) Amazon has a pretty sweet deal for it ($10 off plus an additional $10 rewards I could use on Death Stranding) and B) I've been in a nostalgic mood for an FPS multiplayer, as I haven't played a CoD since Advanced Warfare.

But I'm trying to be rational and talk myself out of this for two main worries:

1. Microtransactions: I know that they're claiming there won't be loot boxes or other non-cosmetic paywalls, but it's also Activision and they don't have an even remotely trustworthy history.

2. As I said, I haven't played a CoD since AW and I'm afraid I'll quickly get frustrated by the legion of players who will no-scope one-shot me as they've been playing these games nonstop for years.

Is there anything in particular that would make this more beginner friendly in the multiplayer scene? Or at least not give complete advantage to the Mountain Dew-chugging children with "modified" WiFi and other bullshit that nearly gave me an aneurysm during the Xbox 360 days?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
For the reviews, I just heard in a website's podcast that score/review will appear Friday morning (Europe time), so I guess probably 9:00 or 10:00 am

It would give :
  • 12:00am - 1:00am Pacific Oct 25
  • 3:00am - 4:00am East Oct 25
  • 8:00am - 9:00am UK Oct 25

So reviews drop after the game is released? Its out at 9pm Thursday EST right?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
So reviews drop after the game is released? Its out at 9pm Thursday EST right?
Yeah probably
Game is officially out Oct 25 but you can buy early the day before yes (like the early Thursday showings for movie releases)
Therefore they can sell more units and claim records easier for 1st day or 3-days launch (that's how I understand it)

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Question about Alex. He's a cia operative, are they considered special forces? Is he as trained as a soldier as Price and Garrick who are SAS?
Special Forces are green berets. CIA doesnt fall under the department of defense so it doesnt have operators. However theres a SOF unit out there that sort of bridges the gap between CIA and DOD.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Its literally 3 copy and pasted rooms, copied and pasted from a Modern Warfare 2 single player level

It's the laziest map design I've ever seen. Thanks fully the rest look good.
Sounds like exactly what a prison shower would look like...but I see where you're coming from

If it lets me get my The Rock on that's all that matters to me

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Are you on PC? If so, check the threadmarks.
oh ok i see it thanks. i wonder what time console goes up, got a few friends there waiting to play.

also did anyone else get an email that said if you sign up for COD league updates you can get 2x xp when you start the game up? i signed up but don't even know if it actually worked or not.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
oh ok i see it thanks. i wonder what time console goes up, got a few friends there waiting to play.

also did anyone else get an email that said if you sign up for COD league updates you can get 2x xp when you start the game up? i signed up but don't even know if it actually worked or not.
Console unlocks at 9PM EST Oct 24th as well.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Special Forces are green berets. CIA doesnt fall under the department of defense so it doesnt have operators. However theres a SOF unit out there that sort of bridges the gap between CIA and DOD.
According to his profile, he was a Delta Force operator before joining the CIA's Special Activities Division/Center which is their paramilitary/covert action branch.
Don't think so

Yeah, he was part of Army Delta and had a history in special ops military service before joining the CIA's Special Activities Division (SAD).
So it's fair to say Alex is equally trained to price and garrick but is more focused on small arms

Last edited: