• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Dead Silence being such an easy field upgrade to get. It's going to be way too popular, alongside SP Rounds, though I suspect more noobs will use that

Things like the Shield sound so useless when you have so many better options

Can someone link me some streams plz

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
With Outer Worlds dropping the same day I'd be really OK with MW's campaign being on the shorter side. I don't think I'd want a 12-20 hour campaign, just make the missions compelling.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
For me its always been like this with COD Campaigns:
Easy/Normal Difficulty = 3-5 hours
Hard/Veteran = 5-8 hours
I don't think I have ever played a COD that lasted longer than 7 hours on the hardest difficulty, maybe Black Ops 3 on Realistic took me like 8-9 hours for obvious reasons. I haven't played COD 1-3 so I can't speak for those.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously? Hmm.. I really don't want to measure a game's worth by quantity but 4-6 hours is not much. I was hoping for a bit more to justify a 60 dollar purchase since I have no interest in MP.
But that's every Call of Duty game for the past 12 or so years.

The campaigns are around 5-6 hours in length.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Folks can look up each COD title on HowLongToBeat if they're curious. The times are self-reported but averaged.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
I'm fine with the 4-6 hours rumored. COD campaigns are typically short to begin with, but usually all killer no filler.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Gaaaaah I hate how much space this game is going to take up. Legit can't install the patch due to all the other games I am currently actively playing. Absolute madness man.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
5 - 9 hours? That's pretty standard for COD games isn't it? Either way that's good enough. Most of my time will be in MP.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Are people really liking the campaign? I don't want to be spoiled. I loved MW 1-3 and Infinite Warfare's. I didn't play Ghosts campaign.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
oh ok i see it thanks. i wonder what time console goes up, got a few friends there waiting to play.

also did anyone else get an email that said if you sign up for COD league updates you can get 2x xp when you start the game up? i signed up but don't even know if it actually worked or not.
Can you post a link to that ?
Would be awesome to 2x exp right out da gate!!

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I have a dumb question. How does cross play work? If I wanted to get a copy for my gf on ps and me on Xbox
, will we be able to play and party chat? or is it not that in depth of a feature. Thanks!

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Can you post a link to that ?
Would be awesome to 2x exp right out da gate!!
not sure i can its a link in an email. and i read that incorrectly it says ''start your preloaded game with an extra 2XP when you sign up for call of duty league news''. i thought it said 2x XP, i still hope thats what they mean because wtf 2 points is pretty much nothing.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It was also the perfect COD campaign.
I'll disagree with that. The characterization of the villains is so paper-thin, you could poke a finger thru Kit Harrington to discover he's been hastily assembled from tissue paper. Similarly, the heroes are depicted as unquestionably heroic. There's no ambiguity to the war between Earth and Mars: you're the "good guys", they're the "bad guys". There's so little character growth that the finale, with everyone dying around you, comes off as bizarrely hollow in spite of the sudden volume of humanity being displayed by previously one-dimensional characters.

Considering the strongest campaign in the series is typically regarded as MW1, which has oodles of moral ambiguity and a goes out of its way to criticize the "Us vs. Them" mentality (which Infinite Warfare unfailingly depicts with its Earth vs. Mars war), it's hard for me to give Infinite Warfare a leg up in any way besides gameplay. It simply doesn't have the guts to be critical of war, in spite of how dreadfully nihilistic and depressing the title "Infinite Warfare" implies.

While the level design, pacing, and morals being shown in the game are well-handled, I was totally unconvinced until the final level that anyone in the story actually gave a shit about what was going on, protagonist Nick Reyes included. The stakes in a conflict of "pure good" versus "absolute evil" should be incredibly intense, but I never really got that impression. It just comes off as G.I. Joe, but in space and with more dying and dead people.

Cobra Commander has more characterization than Salen Kotch does, though. And they totally wasted Peter Weller.

Infinite Warfare's best assets were its presentation (which it nailed, since the game's aesthetics are gorgeous), its level and encounter design, and the fact that the game only ever breaks the first person perspective four times total in the story. I was genuinely amazed on a replay of the game how, if you never do side missions, your perspective only ever breaks for four story cutscenes, the last of which happens at the very end of the game. The fact that you end missions flying into the Retribution, get loaded into the docking bay, hop out, speak with people, get brought to command, take on a new mission, and repeat the whole process should be gratuitous, but it's one of my favorite parts of the game, since it lets those briefings happen naturally, lets you hear some witty Whedon-esque banter between Reyes, Salter, Ethan, and Omar, and gives the player time to breathe.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Infinite Warfare had a solid 10 hours or so if you did everything so it's disappointing if this one only ends up being 4 or 5 hours.