• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming they do fix the issues I wonder if it will be possible to get a new OT.

Thread's basically ruined at this point. Half the players are basically Hate-playing and acting like the game has been out for months.

reddit: Just to be clear there is a difference between: "Spawns are bad due to this" and "IW has devolved the FPS GENRE!! THEY RUINED IT!"

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... I honestly forget why we thought MW would be better than this. MW3, Ghosts, and IW were all bad in multiplayer. Why did we think that MW19 would be any better?

I would echo the sentiment that the beta duped me, it's almost an entirely different game.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... I honestly forget why we thought MW would be better than this. MW3, Ghosts, and IW were all bad in multiplayer. Why did we think that MW19 would be any better?

I would echo the sentiment that the beta duped me, it's almost an entirely different game.

Infinite Warfare is incredibly underrated. Had better balancing, gameplay, netcode, and maps then BO3 imho.

Edit: Also unlike BO3 actually got better throughout the year rather than progressively worse.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Good idea, maybe we should have a separate thread for the "positive comments only!!" folks

Yeah, cause I only want positivity. No constructive criticism allowed!

No, I just don't want constant stream of hyperbole. If you read this thread you'd think IW killed half the community's pets.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, cause I only want positivity. No constructive criticism allowed!

No, I just don't want constant stream of hyperbole. If you read this thread you'd think IW killed half the community's pets.

Saying the thread is ruined is hyperbolic. Saying it's just folks hate-playing, posting constant stream of hyperbole is hyperbolic. Take your own advice.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Saying the thread is ruined is hyperbolic. Saying it's just folks hate-playing, posting constant stream of hyperbole is hyperbolic. Take your own advice.

I mean can you really argue that there isn't a ton of people saying how much they hate the game and yet continue to play it? If that isn't the definition of hate-playing then I don't know what is.

Personally for me, I already aired my problems with the game and so I'm waiting for a patch. I'm not going to continue to post the same thing over and over again all the while progressively getting more erratic and angry.

Oct 27, 2017
Another day another crash. Why is this acceptable?
Cause
c8e.gif

I keep getting the same 5 maps. Picadilly, St Petrograd, Ramazaa, Hackney Yard and Azhir Cave. I just realized this recently and thought it was just a shitty matchmaking system. I generally play 6v6 TDM and Domination. Do I have to play 10v10 for some of the other maps?
Yes, 6v6 only has like 5-6 maps. 10v10 has like 3-4. The maps in the game are spread out between 2v2,6v6,10v10, and ground war.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I mean can you really argue that there isn't a ton of people saying how much they hate the game and yet continue to play it? If that isn't the definition of hate-playing then I don't know what is.

I sure can. There's like.. Two. SG-17 and Excaliburps, maybe. Others are cold on the game, but clearly see its potential. Does a lot of the valid criticism get repeated again and again? Sure, but if you can't deal with it, sucks to be you I guess. It's better than "subtweeting" and thread whining, anyway.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I sure can. There's like.. Two. SG-17 and Excaliburps, maybe. Others are cold on the game, but clearly see its potential. Does a lot of the valid criticism get repeated again and again? Sure, but if you can't deal with it, sucks to be you I guess. It's better than "subtweeting" and thread whining, anyway.

Well I guess it's a case of those being the loudest voices of the bunch that drown out everything else.

But I also low the lowkey insults you've been throwing at me. Really cool dude.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017

I think for me it was seeing a lot of old talent return that had me somewhat optimistic. Plus the whole reboot and back to basics approach seemed exciting as hell.

The game looks and sounds amazing, I'll give them that at least.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I stopped playing. I was going to sell it until I saw how little I could get for it (which is a bad sign for the game in and of itself). That said I still paid for it so I still have a right to complain about it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
But I also low the lowkey insults you've been throwing at me. Really cool dude.

Just your imagination, I'm just calling out the unnecessary thread whining and hyperbole. Whining about a game is one thing, whining about others is on a different level of pettiness in my opinion.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the campaign on the PC version last night. It's easily the best campaign from a CoD game this generation for sure. At times it felt like an old school Rainbow Six game with several of those infiltrate houses/complex missions. The story wasn't half bad either. I'm still really enjoying the multiplayer too.

I gotta say, IW REALLY needs to fix that cutscene issue on the PC version. Every cutscene will freeze up, skip and when it kicks back into working order the audio is out of sync and it really screws with the presentation. The game runs like a dream at least.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Right, my imagination. (You're not being clever)

I'm not particularly trying to be, I'm actually being pretty damn frank and straight with my intentions here.

With the intention of keeping the peace, however, I'll apologize. I'm not here to straight up insult anyone.

Oh I stopped playing. I was going to sell it until I saw how little I could get for it (which is a bad sign for the game in and of itself). That said I still paid for it so I still have a right to complain about it.

Go right ahead.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The stun grenade is useless lol. I have an officer challenge to stun 60 people with them so I've been using them....and....

Why on Earth would anyone choose to use this over the Flashbang? It's effect is weak and far less debilitating than the Flash. I guess because it has a larger radius?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't think I have ever seen Best Buy offer a price higher than the one you linked earlier. It's very typical, it has nothing to do with whether people want the game or not. GameStop is offering $30 guaranteed for the game right now if you want to trade it in, plus an extra 20% bonus if you put that money towards select games. Or just put it on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly trying to be, I'm actually being pretty damn frank and straight with my intentions here.

Ultimately it goes like this. The game will have been out for 2 weeks starting tomorrow (or today If you counted being able to play Thursday), while some small patches can come out in that time, any major changes are going to take time. Game development isn't easy, it's not as simple as changing a number here or there. But people are raging that it's not just fixed NOW. Because everything has to happen NOW. No one has any goddamn patience anymore.

Now should this stuff been issues before? No. They should have caught a lot of this, have made the beta more robust to catch a lot of this. Yet at the same time some of the changes made were due to the beta feedback so I guess that can't be totally blamed.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I have ever seen Best Buy offer a price higher than the one you linked earlier. It's very typical, it has nothing to do with whether people want the game or not. GameStop is offering $30 guaranteed for the game right now if you want to trade it in, plus an extra 20% bonus if you put that money towards select games. Or just put it on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.
When I sold Black Ops 3 I got $34 for it at BestBuy. But thanks for letting me know about GameStop I'll probably do that.

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this game at first, but the more I play it, the more it sours. I didn't really get a lot of the complaints at launch, but now that everyone has had time to learn the game and adjust their playstyle, it's pretty bad. I mostly play TDM, and probably half of the matches time out because the best strategy is to just sit still. Also some of the maps are really bad. A lot of the matches just end up with one side getting spawn trapped in a corner (Piccadilly is really bad for this). I've actually died several times in row as soon as I spawned on a couple of these maps.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Ultimately it goes like this. The game will have been out for 2 weeks starting tomorrow (or today If you counted being able to play Thursday), while some small patches can come out in that time, any major changes are going to take time. Game development isn't easy, it's not as simple as changing a number here or there. But people are raging that it's not just fixed NOW. Because everything has to happen NOW. No one has any goddamn patience anymore.

People are playing it now, so of course they are frustrated about things being this way now. I'm not seeing anyone shitting on IW for being slow with the updates or whatever, so I'm not really seeing the problem here. I'm just not seeing how people are "pretending it's been out for months".

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
People are playing it now, so of course they are frustrated about things being this way now. I'm not seeing anyone shitting on IW for being slow with the updates or whatever, so I'm not really seeing the problem here. I'm just not seeing how people are "pretending it's been out for months".

I've seen quite a few people in this thread complaining about how the updates aren't out yet. So at this point I think we're reading different threads.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen quite a few people in this thread complaining about how the updates aren't out yet. So at this point I think we're reading different threads.

I'm not even going to say "well, why don't you quote those posts" cause of course you're gonna get a small handful of dumbasses, it's a huge thread after all and a big forum. But the phrases you've been using have been stuff like "half [the players]" and "a ton" (also "raging", with the soft implication that criticism means you're angry and being irrational). The point of admonishing hyperbolic takes kind of misses the mark when you're at the same time also engaging in hostile hyperbole, one that's just pointed in a different direction.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well considering the development hell that game has gone through I wouldn't hold my breath.
i think they can pull it off, it just needs the tryarch flavor, and im hearing they might be going back to basics

bo1 and bo2 came with only a 2 year dev cycle, and they are some of the bests. I think they can do it

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
I'm not even going to say "well, why don't you quote those posts" cause of course you're gonna get a small handful of dumbasses, it's a huge thread after all and a big forum. But the phrases you've been using have been stuff like "half [the players]" and "a ton" (also "raging", with the soft implication that criticism means you're angry and being irrational). The point of admonishing hyperbolic takes kind of misses the mark when you're at the same time also engaging in hostile hyperbole, one that's just pointed in a different direction.

Think he sums up the forums ,Reddit ,Twitter ,youtube Etc.

Yeah, Infinity Ward got alot of feedback.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Now should this stuff been issues before? No. They should have caught a lot of this..

I can get why it seems as the thread is just constant complaints, however, most of it is justified imo.

Relating to the above, some of the decisions on the game are just baffling (not showing KD ratio on TDM..Not showing Caps/Defends in Domination etc) just the simple things that have gone before, they do not make sense. Once these issues are fixed, you will probably hear more positive opinions surrounding the game. - Gunplay/Sounds/Graphics etc are amazing to me!

For some, myself mainly, I've been looking forward to the next iteration of Modern Warfare since MW2 (I didn't get to play as much MW3 as I could at the time).. and COD is pretty much the only game I play (beside some Forza) 50 days playtime I put into COD4 and about the same in MW2. So for a soft-reboot of Modern Warfare my expectations were high, but god, that same map again with the same problems....

I really hope they 'fix' the game soon, maps en all.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread isn't ruined. We're all fans at the end of the day, we've all put down money into this thing and we all want to enjoy it. Some do, some don't. I personally think it's the worse COD of the generation, and I explained in great detail why I think it's that way by going deep into the balancing, the map design and whatnot. OTs, like Reddit and other communities, don't just have to be all the positives really. I don't hate-play the game, I want to enjoy a game I bought but I'm finding it hard, so right now I'm taking it in small doses until major updates drop.

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Daaaaamn.

It does illustrate the HORRENDOUS camping problem this game has though. I know the patch is coming shortly that will make the experience somewhat more bearable but I really don't know how they can fix this mentality now with the maps being as bad as they are.

The problem is the TTK. When you die that fast, no one wants to move. The map design cant fix that. Youd just have the same scenario, only on 3 lane maps.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So this isn't good. You used to be able to get over $30 back for COD games within the first three months. A lot of people must be selling it for it to be this low.

Damn! Yeah, must be getting an overabundance of 'em.

While I definitely wished that the game was decent at launch, I am pretty sure IW will do their best to iron out the big flaws in the coming weeks.
I hope they do. At its core, there's a lot in it to like, and the fixes should be relatively easy with a patch.

Thread isn't ruined. We're all fans at the end of the day, we've all put down money into this thing and we all want to enjoy it. Some do, some don't. I personally think it's the worse COD of the generation, and I explained in great detail why I think it's that way by going deep into the balancing, the map design and whatnot. OTs, like Reddit and other communities, don't just have to be all the positives really. I don't hate-play the game, I want to enjoy a game I bought but I'm finding it hard, so right now I'm taking it in small doses until major updates drop.

I agree. Man, I'm 38. I've been playing FPS' since Quake. This is easily the most frustrating multiplayer shooter that I've ever played. It just boggles the mind how it got released in this state. I'd love a behind the scenes look to see if other Infinity Ward devs tried to push back at some of the inane game design, since you know there's a few people there that knew this was going to happen.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is the TTK. When you die that fast, no one wants to move. The map design cant fix that. Youd just have the same scenario, only on 3 lane maps.
Nah. Except BO4, TTK is similar to other other CODs. The biggest problem is sound whoring. You move and everyone knows where you are going. Thus, wisest is to stay where you are. I am more a flanker player and I would definitely go back to that once they fix this mess.

As for the maps, I still dislike them, but overtime, I have gotten to know where / what to expect people looking and how to avoid / engage when I want. Most of the other complaints just needs minor adjustments.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is going places lol. Hoping there's update info soon, because reading the Best Buy thing is crazy.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Any tips on what to do against a shield user? Does it have HP? Can I melee that dude? A rocket launcher helps or someone flanking him, but I don't like the idea of packing a ROCKET LAUNCHER just because someone has a shield and playing with randoms it's hard to coordinate flanking a single guy. How do I beat those guys?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost was never sprinting. It was movement which was used to prevent people from camping.
Good thing it was only required for you to just move or play the objective then.
Black ops 4's Ghost required you to be sprinting.

Any tips on what to do against a shield user? Does it have HP? Can I melee that dude? A rocket launcher helps or someone flanking him, but I don't like the idea of packing a ROCKET LAUNCHER just because someone has a shield and playing with randoms it's hard to coordinate flanking a single guy. How do I beat those guys?
A semtex, molotov, or thermite grenade will kill them if you hit the shield.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I probably play matches with all you people that are not camping because i think its not that bad? People run around, and some people camp.

I never got the spawncomplaining either, sometimes i spawn and yes 2 seconds later i die. But i never spawn right in front of someone, or vice versa.

Im not great but not bad either i hover around 1.50 K/D.

Honestly, is camping when you run around gathering 4 kills and then going real slow to get your fifth? And then i kill someone they see a 3 sec killcam of me crouching and then auto complain about camping?

YourFriend

Nov 15, 2017
I hate multiplayer in its current state. I've played enough now and it is just so boring how you are encouraged to play this campy. I've never played so many time limit matches in any COD to date. The footstep audio is tuned so bad in this game that I doubt they will get it right within the next couple patches. Camping power positions just isn't exciting to me.

I'll keep playing Spec Ops and give multiplayer another try if they add maps without so many rooms to hide in and fix the audio and dead silence issues.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, is camping when you run around gathering 4 kills and then going real slow to get your fifth? And then i kill someone they see a 3 sec killcam of me crouching and then auto complain about camping?

Camping is when you see people on 16-0 who can only ever be sitting in one spot watching one direction because with this games ridiculous TTK and extremely questionable map design, that is literally impossible when on the move. And they're doing that because they get rewarded with stupidly imbalanced killstreaks, which, with Kill Chain, get even more ridiculous. It's a highly flawed game.