• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
spongebob.jpg
Smart move, don't wanna be implicated by the bosses on leaking shit you didn't leak.

Oct 25, 2017
Weaponds we need back (from various games):

ACR
UMP
Tar-21
Galil
G36
MW2 Famas
Funny thing is one of the worst weapons is one i'd like to see back the most because of the design attachments and such
latest

G36 is also perfect for this game
H%26K_G36_Variants.jpg

I'd also vote for
latest

with attachments for the
latest

M93 Raffica

Also is it just me or is there no classic Acog scope in this game?
latest

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Would love the Raffica back - or a full auto Glock - as it stands currently Overkill pretty much a must pick Perk 1 unless you're running a launcher, the pistols now are just so weak (all the other Perk 1 perks being super weak is another contributing factor to that problem, but that's another discussion)

A_Ageli

Oct 24, 2019
Actually quite enjoying this game's campaign. It's the first CoD I've played since MW3 and it feels a noticeable step above them. The games fetishise war so no amount of commentary can overturn that bit but it certainly feels a lot more grounded than that trio of games did. I liked the transition between helping the locals such as Farah and then working with the Army who cannot distinguish 'good from bad'. And the missions are quite intense, move at a nice pace, few neat little gameplay things going on here and there. The violence is strong of course but I think the more, as I said, grounded nature of the story offsets that a bit. It doesn't feel particularly gratuitous, surprisingly, unlike many previous Call of Duty's.

I'll sink my teeth into the MP after I've finished the SP.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, bring back the pocket M16

Patch seems pretty good. Fixing the challenges is the biggest thing for me.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Patch seems pretty good. Fixing the challenges is the biggest thing for me.
Do they give retroactively challenge points completed or did they just fix them so going forward they now count? There were a bunch of challenges I clicked and did the objective but they didn't count anything.

Oct 25, 2017

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I have generally been very happy with this game, but playing last night was an absolute clusterfuck for some reason. Every game was loaded with the worst kind of campers imaginable, and it felt like I absolutely could not win any gunfight even if I got the jump on my enemy. I have never been so close to breaking a game controller in my life.

weird same shit happened to me last night. generally I do pretty decently. Get killstreaks pretty regularly, place in the top half or top 3a decent amount. But last night I played for 2-3 hours. And only got a UAV once. I was contalty getting stomped no matter what mode or loadout I played. I get the jump on someone, do decent damage and they spin on me and kill me instantly. Over and over. Or Id get 1 kill and someone would immedatly shoot me in the back.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Because you think everyone likes her character or because you think she would have a smaller hitbox?
I would run her just because it's something different than typical video game characters. Most of the current Operators kinda bore me to be honest. But I like a lot of the ones in the "leak."

Still have not even played the campaign to unlock a lot of the Operators... I will get to that eventually I guess.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Lol even ramazza is full of Camping after the patch . Here you go, i used the word Camper .

But If you are 35+ and have 2 kids its ok.i guess . Lmao

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Just had 3 games that were quite possibly the worst games I've ever had on any Call of Duty. Every single situation was pretty much unwinnable, it seemed as though the enemies had a psychic link into my mind as to exactly what I was going to do next. The same thing tends to happen each year, I really enjoy the game when it comes out but the enjoyment slowly turns into anger and I end up selling it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The 725 is still overpowered. It needs to be a 2 shot kill at all but the closest ranges like the other shotguns or it will always be op.
No way. Making it a 2 shot kill at anything beyond right in front of you would make it literally useless because the other shotguns would kill quicker at longer ranges while having more than 2 shots. It needs to be adjusted obviously, but let's NOT just neerf things we don't like into uselessness just because we don't like it. That's how multiplayer games get ruined.

Small incremental changes > Sweeping nerfbat changes.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I'd main Farah in a heartbeat. Although if that's Marshawn Lynch, I might play as him.

Ghost is probably the worst looking one, that's way too edgy for me.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Turns PS4 on, sees another fricking update...

COPYING

Fuuuuuuuuu

I'm all for patching and improvements, but this is getting to stopping me playing for hours at a time this point

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've watched before and after footage of every single patch they've made to the footstep sounds and it literally does not sound like anything changed after any of them. Like... what? It can't really be this difficult, can it?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've watched before and after footage of every single patch they've made to the footstep sounds and it literally does not sound like anything changed after any of them. Like... what? It can't really be this difficult, can it?
What play at you on? I'm on PS4 and noticed the changes immediately. They weren't drastic, but definitely a noticeable difference.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
What play at you on? I'm on PS4 and noticed the changes immediately. They weren't drastic, but definitely a noticeable difference.
I am on PS4 and most of the time I play with good headphones. So I can still hear people coming from VERY far away. The only thing that really seems like it changed was that footsteps through walls and other solid objects seem quieter. But other than that there really doesn't sound like any difference to me. Even on the new ADS and crouch walking from what I've seen.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I am on PS4 and most of the time I play with good headphones. So I can still hear people coming from VERY far away. The only thing that really seems like it changed was that footsteps through walls and other solid objects seem quieter. But other than that there really doesn't sound like any difference to me. Even on the new ADS and crouch walking from what I've seen.
Yeah thats the changes im talking about. They aren't drastic, but the difference is noticable. Still needs to be dialed in though.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I'm pretty sure all the characters have the same hit boxes.
Yeah, has been the case since they introduced different characters for the first time. I think it was with CoD Ghosts

Funny thing though, you could still get a somewhat minor advantage playing the characters with a massive backpack for instance. The backpack would have no hit detection but people would instinctly still aim for it.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
Anyone else got bored with a game?

I played beta and this was the first COD ever that i preordered or paid in full.And i feel like i made a mistake.

Ground War is terrible.Everything is just bad. It feels like some free-to-play warface 64 player deathmatch.

Maps are kinda meh.They definitely cater to campers.
I'm selling my copy now that I'm done with the SP campaign.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Man, I just spent the last week or so trying to unlock this fucking LMG Old Wounds skin, and finally did today, and the shit is broken. Annoyed as fuck right now. How in the hell did they not fix this with the latest patch. Fuck

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I played beta and this was the first COD ever that i preordered or paid in full.And i feel like i made a mistake.

Ground War is terrible.Everything is just bad. It feels like some free-to-play warface 64 player deathmatch.

On the flip side, I really cannot get enough of this game. Currently in the upper 130's in rank and play basically every night

I prefer the slower play style in this one. Nothing makes me rage more than the dropshot/jumpshot kills since it feels so cheap IMO (probably because I'm just not good enough to do it lol)

There are just too many angles in Ground War so it can get a bit frustrating and other than Picadilly/Euphrates, the maps have their hot zones that you should keep an eye on; once you learn those they can be fun

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Nope I have been having fun this whole time

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Is WW2 really that good after the overhaul?
Bought at launch and didnt even play more than 10 matches.....

Might be worth downloading again.

Edit: it has dlc's i see

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
FYI, the 1.08 patch didn't nerf the 725 but buffed it.

Also, footsteps sounds remain unchanged contrary to patch notes.
That's not really true. The fix regarding inside and outside footsteps or footsteps on the other side of walls/objects being different noticably changed. It's easier to locate where and how far someone is as a result.

Still needs work though in terms of volume and distance. It's too loud and too easy to locate them.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's not really true. The fix regarding inside and outside footsteps or footsteps on the other side of walls/objects being different noticably changed. It's easier to locate where and how far someone is as a result.

Still needs work though in terms of volume and distance. It's too loud and too easy to locate them.

But the crouched and ADS footsteps sound which Cecot said has been fixed hasn't.