• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So M4 now in retirement I've been experimenting with mixed success.

Does the Scar ever get good? Been grinding this fucker to get some good attachments but it still bucks around more than an AK yet has a piddly 20 round mag.

M91 on the other hand... Been discovering the joys of shredding teams on Hardpoint and taking down anything in the sky.

Rocket launchers, really don't like the way you get a kill notification before the rocket has even landed. It's as if the position of players is pre-determined. Don't get how splash damage works either, it's as if there is none.

Snipers... wow, they are beastly on the right map. I've become one of those annoying snipers on Euphrates Bridge that pops players before they make the bridge. But it sure is fun.

Kar98k. Why is this not in the sniper class? Favourite weapon in PUBG but absolute butt in MW. ROF is painful yet it still takes the same amount of shots as the (better) Mk2 carbine.

MisterX

Oct 28, 2017
So M4 now in retirement I've been experimenting with mixed success.

Does the Scar ever get good? Been grinding this fucker to get some good attachments but it still bucks around more than an AK yet has a piddly 20 round mag.

no it never does, I leveled it up and tried to make it work, it's trash

better off using the Oden for a hard hitting assault rifle, it gets godly at medium/long range with a few attachments

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I was on a 31 killstreak with the Kar98 and a shotgun until someone with a knife killed me even though he was inside a window and I was outside. I had a couple kills from killstreaks but I was so close to a nuke.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Hadn't played in almost a week and my first TDM is on Shoot House. I die and spawn RIGHT NEXT to an enemy. They were on a box a couple feet above me. They shot me almost instantly, and the replay even showed me spawning just to his left.

How does this even happen? How hard is it to write spawn logic that says you cannot spawn X distance from an enemy player?

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You say it is fine to disagree while telling me the manner in which I should or shouldn't disagree in a thread that is 197 pages in length because others have already done so. If there were no ways to deal with campers, then we have an issue. But that isn't the case. If 50% of players in games were camping, we would have an issue. But they aren't. So, when a tweet is posted where a player is grumpy because they got killed once by a player behind a blanket in a match where the majority of players probably weren't camping, yeah. I'm gonna suggest they respawn, toss a grenade next time, and move on, because the camping meta, if there is one, isn't a terrible thing.

I'm outty.

I would need a backpack with 50 flash bangs in order to flash every room with a camper in some
Obtuse spot. Look man the lighting and color pallets is terrible and sometimes you can't see people until the red name pops.

you seem to take camper complaints personally. This particular twitter clip is ridiculous because they designed areas for people to hide and camp behind. Like that spot doesn't need to be there it wouldn't change the flow of the map. It's only function is so bad players can hide behind and get free kills. The blanket shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I can nade that spot every life but that's only one spot out of 50 so how do I counter the others?

I would love to see gameplay of yours to see how you counter all the campers.

this thread needs more gameplay and less arguing. The easy way to prove your point is with evidence. Let's see you destroying the corner campers in every lobby.

Last edited:

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of the SBMM at this point that I don't even want to play anymore. Not every game needs to feel like an eSports qualifier.

It's insane - I've been working on officer challenges with much less than preferred load outs, and my stat lines are taking a beating. I just want typical COD lobbies, man.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sick of the SBMM at this point that I don't even want to play anymore. Not every game needs to feel like an eSports qualifier.

It's part of the thing with ranked modes. They put all these rules and stuff when it really doesn't matter. It's an illusion of being a pro that satisfies a certain crowd. Multiplayer matchmaking should prioritize getting people in a game as fast as possible. Competitiveness in this setting is an unreachable goal that no one really wants.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Honestly I'm done. I'm sitting here not playing the game whilst still wanting to play.

I simply cannot endure more 4 - 21 rounds. I'm in a tier where people jumpshot and dropshot constantly.

Wanting to level up my sniper without relying to staying in one spot with my little claymore is insane. I just can't endure it anymore. Playing with a level 1 sniper or any other non meta gun in these games is just unplayable.

They don't address this concern, if they don't agree with the complaints, just say so, so I can move on and hope for a better suited(for me) CoD game next year. Now I'm sitting here holding out hope for something that's probably never going to happen.

The only realistic thing I can do playing this game is running the MP5, M4 or the 725. No experimentation allowed, no fun allowed.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I see no difference in the skill level in the lobbies I am in compared to other CODs. I get an equal amount of even and on sided matches (for either side).

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly going forward, Infinity Ward's best bet may be just to take the Gunfight maps, and expand them a bit and then have 6v6 on them. Not a single launch map is good, and that is laughable.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly going forward, Infinity Ward's best bet may be just to take the Gunfight maps, and expand them a bit and then have 6v6 on them. Not a single launch map is good, and that is laughable.
I'm still having fun with the game but yeah, I seriously can't believe it. I don't enjoy any of the launch maps. I've been playing pretty much Shoothouse 24/7 and Gunfight exclusively. Shoothouse is by far the game's best 6v6 map and it's like a C at best. Did some mixed modes with a friend last night and we were in awe of how unfun everything else was. I've never seen anything like it.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think the maps are that bad, or even bad in general. They're not great mind you, but they're night and day compared to say Infinite Warfare's maps which are all boxy geometric corridors that just loop around into each other. Maps might have too many angles (especially Grazna Raid) and Euphrates Bridge & Piccadilly are straight up bad, but in general they're pretty varied and have some interesting zones that leave enough room for improvisation and cat & mouse fights so it's not all just kill corridors. I quite enjoy Rammaza, Azhir Cave, Hackney Yard, Gunrunner, and now Shoot House. Gunfight maps are all good except Gulag Showers and maybe Hill. I think the number of maps is too low per mode though, and we haven't gotten any truly great maps like CoD 4 and MW2 were littered with.

I do think the maps are just not suited to TDM though. I don't even play TDM anymore which used to be my main CoD mode, it's just not fun here and a lot of the objective modes are a lot of fun. Kill Confirmed makes TDM obsolete for me.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018

Hackney, Piccadilly (when no spawn trapping), Gun Runner and Shoot House are good. Azhir Cave and Grazna are alright, depending on the game mode.

Karst River Quarry is good too.

Let's not overreact here.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I see people mentioning nukes, but I've never seen one in the game. Do you actually call in a nuclear explosion? Or is it more just like an instant game over with text stating that you've been nuked? I will never go on a 30-kill streak lol, 10 is my highest.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
I was close to getting a nuke only once in this game but the game ended before I could get it a few days ago. Was surprising cause I'm just so used to getting killed by a random claymore or some shit by the time I even get close lol. Still have yet to see one in any of my games though.

If we wonna talk about BLOPS 4 though, you don't want to see me with the knife. So many games I would of got a nuke if they had it or really close.

Haven't even attempted knife only yet in MW though and I think I'm fucking staying away from that noise. Had so much fun with it in blops 4 learning the routes, the hot spots, spawning areas and where to expect people and where to flank, can't do that with a knife that much here.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
They need to unlock all ops tied to spec ops or come up with new unlock criteria because as it stands now that mode is impossible.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
30 smackeroons holy hell that is a lot of kills. I will never achieve such a magnificent goal.

Ground War makes it not too bad. I was just sniping from a house and doing a little rotation. I like the Kar98k with a scout scope because it's fast. A little too many hit markers but with some accuracy you can drop folks. I was also really lucky that there was a giant battle at a flag that I was overlooking. A turkey shoot.

I see people mentioning nukes, but I've never seen one in the game. Do you actually call in a nuclear explosion? Or is it more just like an instant game over with text stating that you've been nuked? I will never go on a 30-kill streak lol, 10 is my highest.

It's hidden but it works the same as any other killstreak. Just that you always have it equipped in the background. You get it, you call it in. A countdown starts and a bomb is dropped on the map, giant explosion and everyone dies and the match ends.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Don't know if people have seen the Prestige is Key video about the officer challenges, but I agree with him. Those suck. It's worse than the barracks and prestiging system from before. It could have been cool, if there were actually cool rewards tied to these ribbons, but there are none.

They need to unlock all ops tied to spec ops or come up with new unlock criteria because as it stands now that mode is impossible.

I haven't checked in a while, bus as of last week the achievement for beating all of them was still at 0%. I have also never seen any of these operators in game.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
you will call one in, i believe in you.
you will call one in, i believe in you.

source.gif

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Speaking of dropping nukes, I was 3 kills away from my 1st today. Headquarters on gun runner. But a guy literally spawned 5 feet behind me and I had no chance to react. I died a little inside.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Hackney, Piccadilly (when no spawn trapping), Gun Runner and Shoot House are good. Azhir Cave and Grazna are alright, depending on the game mode.

Karst River Quarry is good too.

Let's not overreact here.
The only good map you listed there is Hackney, and if that launched in another CoD game alongside actual good maps it would be overshadowed and shown to not even be that special. It just looks better than it is because of how bad everything else is.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of dropping nukes, I was 3 kills away from my 1st today. Headquarters on gun runner. But a guy literally spawned 5 feet behind me and I had no chance to react. I died a little inside.

That's rough. Like I said, my streak ended when the guy got me through the other side of a window sill with the combat knife. We can cry together though yours is a little more BS. Worst part is I got the kill on him, we both killed each other...

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
That's rough. Like I said, my streak ended when the guy got me through the other side of a window sill with the combat knife. We can cry together though yours is a little more BS. Worst part is I got the kill on him, we both killed each other...
I wasn't too salty. Still was a fun match. But I even had my friends in the match deliberately not capping the HQ towards to end to help me. They were pulling for me, feels like I let them down. Haha

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't too salty. Still was a fun match. But I even had my friends in the match deliberately not capping the HQ towards to end to help me. They were pulling for me, feels like I let them down. Haha

Real friends would've switched teams and fed kills.

We used to do that if we were super close in MW2 but it would feel a little hollow now.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hit 90/100 Officer Ribbons last night. I think I could reasonably get to 95/100, but the Chopper Gunner, White Phosphorous, and Gunship ones are going to kill me. I have been trying to cheese it now and then by using Pointman and sitting back in HQ in Ground War shooting down killstreaks, but some games there aren't enough killstreaks in the air to even earn enough points for a high killstreak.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euphrates Bridges is one of the worst designed maps I've ever seen in a FPS. Everything is so wrong.

It's hard for me to imagine that some people actually playtested and validated it.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe Ive just gotten used to them but I dont feel like the maps are as bad as initial impressions came off as. The larger maps certainly favor the use of certain guns though.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
I haven't checked in a while, bus as of last week the achievement for beating all of them was still at 0%. I have also never seen any of these operators in game.

The achievement works now. I had previously beaten all spec ops and the achievement popped when I rebeat one of them.

edit: re-reading your comment. The reason the achievement was at 0% was because it was glitched. Not because they were unbeaten. The spec ops are not too bad if you work together. It is important to keep someone safe and away from the battle during certain hard parts to act as a respawner. Shields are important and everyone should roll medic.

Last edited:

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
quick performance question. Am I better off playing with super sampled off on my PS4 pro and 1080p tv. Will I get worse performance in multiplayer if I add supersampling in psOS settings.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I never really minded Picadilly too much and the new spawns made it better. It's still very campy on TDM but I think it's better on objective modes.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good guide to weapon attachments and the pros/cons of each attachment? I see there are videos, but it's like 20 mins a video of detailed breakdowns.

One thing I wonder is there an actual negative impact using a suppressor other than reducing range? Something feels off after using it on the M4 and Kilo for a couple days.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
For whatever reason this game made me want to try some of the other Call of Dutys I missed out on so i decided to buy WW2. I was worried I was gonna get slaughtered since everyone is leveled up and had been playing for so long. Did team deathmatch for a couple hours last night and was either 1st or 2nd place every match. It was the weirdest fucking thing. Felt like I was playing on easy mode compared to the multiplayer in Modern Warfare LOL

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why hasn't the M13 gotten more love as one of the better guns in the game? Have you guys tried it out? Its amazing.

- High fire rate
- Accurate even without attachments
- Has great attachments available early on in the Smith
- Kills quick enough to be competitive with everything except the 725
- Looks great

I unlocked it last night and expected it to be meh since I hadn't heard anyone talk about it and now it's replaced the Kilo as my go to "I wanna actually try" gun.